Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
Roar12
Frackin!

Where best place to buy statues??

Hi all
I am new to this, but I am starting a statue collection and was wondering the safest, best priced place to order statues from. I live in Canada so not sure of what my options are. Thank you
Roar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

If you want selection, EBay is the place.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
Roar12
Frackin!

Cool, thx
Old 09-16-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

such a broad question...

new? old? company? character(s)? brands?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 AM   #5
Roar12
Frackin!

Well I'm new at this so it would be nice to know the best brands and company's to order from.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 AM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Do you have a particular size in mind? 1/10, 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/1? There are all sorts of options. Have you any display cases or area planned out which may affect which size(s) you are interested in collecting? DC? Marvel? Independent? Superhero? Star Wars? Props or just characters?
Old 09-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #7
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar12 View Post
Well I'm new at this so it would be nice to know the best brands and company's to order from.
Here's a basic run down.

If you want affordable, easy access in Canda your easiest options are.....

Sideshow collectibles. They have a lot of different properties right now. Marvel comics, DC comics, various movie properties to include Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, the Dark Knight amongst others. They also have their own in house line called Court of the dead. These are typically affordable when weighed against the norm of the hobby.

Pop Culture Shock. Their big claim to fame is really Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. They also have some really nice Masters of the Universe collectibles.

There are some others that don't put out much in volume compared to a Sideshow, but do really good work. Chronicle Collectibles has some really nice Terminator pieces, and a Conan the barbarian piece coming. Gentle Giant has a few great movie pieces too.

If you want to broaden your choices, and are willing to pay for that luxury, there are some foreign companies that are doing great, great work.

XM collectibles has a Marvel Comics license, as well as a limited Batman license with a Japanese twist. These are only available in limited countries in the Asia market, so these are hard, hard to get, and come with a hefty price tag.

Imaginarium Art is another Asian based company. They are doing some 1/4 and 1/3 based comic and movie based work. Pretty much same condition as XM. They are hard to get, pricey, but excellent quality.

Iron Studios is a new kid on the block from Brazil. They are again, limited in market, hard to get, and expensive. I cant vouch for quality. I've seen pictures, but not held anything in hand like the other two.

Those are all pretty much 1/4 options. If you want the smaller, 1/6 scale, Koto has some nice stuff. But the King of 1/6 still to me remains Bowen, which you'll pretty much have to scour Ebay for.

Good luck, and welcome to the hobby!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
Roar12
Frackin!

Thx for all the info guys!!!
I'm looking for pieces about 8 to 12 inches high.
I'm into to superhero items and LOTR stuff and also the walking dead stuff is cool.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #9
xforce
Hydra

For Americans only Rockys vault is a great place to pick up reasonably priced bowens. Sorry they dont ship to Canada though
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote