pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Just going back through emails, I have:

arm injury
sickness x2
kid's sickness x2
personal issues
going back and forth between states

and on twitter i've gotten death in the family and family tragedy. not to mention the reasons for his commission drives in the first place:

computer replacement
car trouble

Yet he continues to produce new work, posting it on the same social media on which he's giving me excuses, and selling it. Disgraceful.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #52
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

i had one artist that would send me pages long explanations of his excuses which probably took an hour + to do. he would send me several of these.

if he took those hours to complete the artwork, there would have been no need for excuses.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #53
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
i had one artist that would send me pages long explanations of his excuses which probably took an hour + to do. he would send me several of these.

if he took those hours to complete the artwork, there would have been no need for excuses.
Yeah, i've read my share of long explanations. Some artists should try their hand at writing, considering how prolific they are with excuses

All joking aside, the wait and the reasons are never what get to me. I just want to be able to deal with honesty. If you say you're going to ship something out, ship it out. Dean emailed me on Christmas day, told me everything was done and ready to go out. a few weeks later I see the Watchmen piece on his instagram. Right after that I get an email asking me what characters I had asked for on the other commission he owed me. Well, right there you contradicted what you said earlier!
Old 03-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #54
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post

Yeah. But he could lightbox those emails and send them to others.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #55
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Yeah. But he could lightbox those emails and send them to others.
good point. i wonder if they were copy and paste excuses that he sent out to other people on his list
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #56
Underdog07
Hercules

I wonder -- did he need to rip off the people on kickstarter to repay some of the people he ripped off from his Deanocons (or whatever he called them). Perhaps he needs a gofundme so he can repay the kickstarter people?

Maybe he is an idiotic version of Robin Hood - he robs from the rich to repay the rich he already robbed from?
Old 03-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #57
Landroid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

His grandmother just died so he canceled his Staples appearance...as well as saying that his DeanCon sketches will be in the mail.
Landroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #58
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroid View Post
His grandmother just died so he canceled his Staples appearance...as well as saying that his DeanCon sketches will be in the mail.
Suuuuuure.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #59
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Suuuuuure.
I don't question whether or not his grandmother died. The reality of it is - what difference does that make. We all lose loved ones - we need to mourn and move on with a heavy heart.

As grown-ups we all deal with issues such as illness, death, broken household appliances, car repairs, break-ups, lost jobs, moves, new jobs, deadlines, etc. it is just sad that Some comic related artists use what is essentially life as an excuse to steal money from others.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:41 PM   #60
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
I don't question whether or not his grandmother died. The reality of it is - what difference does that make. We all lose loved ones - we need to mourn and move on with a heavy heart.

As grown-ups we all deal with issues such as illness, death, broken household appliances, car repairs, break-ups, lost jobs, moves, new jobs, deadlines, etc. it is just sad that Some comic related artists use what is essentially life as an excuse to steal money from others.
Spot on.

I'm sorry for his loss. I wrote in a previous post that his tweet regarding a family tragedy was an "excuse", and I regret phrasing it that way. Not my finest moment, and for that I'm sorry to Dean.

That said, 18 months of various explanations on why you can't get something done can be immensely frustrating. As is being ignored.