Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #151
Vitus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I know it's not the best solution but I have actually preordered 2 of some of their stuff that I felt I really wanted in the best condition possible because I know one will probably get to me with issues.

Usually it's damage but I have gotten pieces that don't even fit together before.

I'm so sick of their excuses for not replacing defective product.
One time they would not even offer me a replacement when the item was in stock on their web site.
If you do get replacement parts sometimes they ship the replacement parts in makeshift boxes and they get damaged as well... It has happened to me too many times... and then they want to stop sending parts like it's your fault they can't figure out a way to pack it correctly.
The partial refund that they offer is a joke. It's a statue and who wants one that is broken for $30 bucks off.
And the higher up the price scale you go the stupider the amount of the partial refund. For example something that costs 7 times the price of a PF arrives damaged... well you might get double the refund they give for a PF!
Vitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #152
Fuzz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Receiving broken replacements do suck (I've had my share), but sending replacements that do not fit is deplorable.

Received my Green Lantern PF with a broken energy hand, so I got a new one sent out, but arrived broken. The next one they sent out wouldn't fit into the arm socket as the connector was fitted crookedly. Couldn't bend it back as it would've shattered the polystone. Had to get a full refund as there were no more replacement energy hands in stock.

The Galactus maquette I received had an extremely poorly painted base. For nearly a month, they refused to send out a replacement, even though the statue was still for sale. Eventually, they saw my point of view and sent the new base.

Really, I could go on for hours about the number of broken or poor quality pieces I've received.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #153
lbeechee
Justice League

I just ordered my first big piece from Sideshow which is the Gladiator Hulk. I was really excited about receiving it, but reading through some of this thread I'm a bit worried. Is QC, really bad. I've ordered Ironman figs without any issues. Is the problem mainly with the statues?
lbeechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #154
bernhawk
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Shipping directly to México

Hey guys ive been a client for about 4 years. There was a crazy tax applied to chinese products that entered to México of 533% fortunateley this tax was eliminares a couple of years ago. Now mexican collectors have to pay 20% wich is fair. The thing is i have talked to customer service several times and their answer is the same: no shipping to México! I use a freight foward company to get my statues but i end up paying 250 usd extra!

When i buy in eBay a pf ups only charge me 20%

So please could you guys look into it? Theres a huge market in here but right now its quite expensive!

Or at least can you tell me who should i talk with?
bernhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:39 AM   #155
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeechee View Post
I just ordered my first big piece from Sideshow which is the Gladiator Hulk. I was really excited about receiving it, but reading through some of this thread I'm a bit worried. Is QC, really bad. I've ordered Ironman figs without any issues. Is the problem mainly with the statues?
I don't collect figures, but yes there is big difference in the process of making figures and statues.
Casting figures they are 99.8% the same.

Statues (especially larger ones with multiple parts), factory often has to do some handwork to it. Assembling pegged parts together for the body and large base. And some switch-out parts (weapons/hands/heads) everything has to fit.
Sometimes parts are little warped or damaged during casting and they 'repair' this to fit the statue.
Thats main reason why some parts are bound to one particular statue and replacements don't fit (well).

Some people claim they never get defected sideshow statues, so what do I know ;-)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #156
lbeechee
Justice League

Halcyon, thanks for clarifying.
lbeechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #157
FROBAY
Phoenix

I received my Batman Bust touched up with a different color blue around the nose. I got a return Label. I haven't heard back if there is a suitable replacement or my money back.

pretty bummed about this after the long wait

FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #158
Webb
Kindly Asked To Leave

Probably a return,now you're going to return and someone else will get the return of the return.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:48 PM   #159
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow, that's a bummer. Very noticeable and totally unacceptable.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #160
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Unreal that they would send you something like that after dropping almost $700 (before shipping and taxes). Awful, but glad that they are not farting around and gave you a label out of the gate.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote