Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-29-2014, 12:59 AM   #2281
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
seriously bro?
13 posts, he's just excited, lol - we've all been there (maybe we were able to reel it in a bit better though, haha)

Hey Alex

I hate to ask a specific question about a problem that I'm struggling with, but maybe others are going through this as well.

I was a day 1 pre-order with the Superman PF, and I've still yet to be notified of it being charged and shipped to me. I've read that customers who got their are already receiving replacement parts for errors, and I've also read that the Regular Edition will be shipping sometime next year.

I was hoping someone would address him at SDCC in some way for those of us still waiting, but I didn't notice anything. Should I be concerned at this point that I somehow won't be receiving a Superman EX; was there a problem with covering the pre-orders for him? What can I do to hopefully get mine before it's too late?

Thanks!
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #2282
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Alex,

As always thank you for spending the time to answer all our questions even they're repetitive as heck Lol
So i thought I'd keep it light for ya
1. SDCC was amazing and damn you guys for previewing so many awesome things for us, what was your favourite part
2. Whats the one preview that you loved the most
3. What are your for SURE top 3 buys from the Con
4. Who was the biggest star you met that made you go WOW!

Cheers!
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #2283
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sorry posted same thing twice
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #2284
Transient
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Will Kerrigan have any light up features like previous Blizzard offerings have?

Glowing yellow eyes would be really awesome.

Thanks!
Transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #2285
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Alex,

Any idea when we can expect a Batgirl PF preorder? Thank you!
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #2286
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Is Wonder Woman's underwear painted on and aligned with her skin? In Francos video their isnt a seem or even a change from the skin to her underwear and its just paint.
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #2287
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

How tall is the Godzilla statue/any idea of when it will go up for pre-order?

Thanks
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #2288
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi Alex,

Can you said me, if the version of Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure exposed to San Diego Comic Con 2014 was a production piece?

Thank you very much.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #2289
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Demithyle had changes of arms and head, but the first three COTD pieces don't appear to have any change-out pieces. Will there be any exceptions to this norm? Kier and/or Death with removable masks? Mortighull with different arm position? Thanks!
The only piece I'm aware of for sure (currently) that has a switch-out option is Cleopsis. Kier's skull headress may be removable as well as Death's Mask (But I'll have to verify).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Do you know what it is that he's supposed to be standing on?
It's simply various Cloud City architecture elements that make up the base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
How tall would you estimate Batgirl to be?
Hmmmm...around 20 to 26 inches? It's really hard for me to estimate even when seeing it person though as my estimates are never on the mark at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftC View Post
Hey Alex! Congrats on a successful comic-con. Though I must admit something! I was disappointed with SDCC this year (And really this past year all together) as there really has not been anything new of interest to me personally (Other than Boba Fett which is a maybe only because he's too dang tall!). Of course all the pieces you guys showed looked incredible! Just nothing I would be excited to add to my own collection. I have a few questions about some upcoming stuff that I would be super jazzed if you had any news about! I haven't thrown nearly enough money at you guys this year so hopefully that will change soon. I figure if I ask about literally everything I could possibly want, statistically speaking I must get at least one good answer! So here goes nothing:

Any news on the amazing spider man PF?

Any news on the possibility of other PF's from the amazing spider man franchise?

I'm so happy about The Dark Knight trilogy batman bust but I'd really love some PFs from those movies. Be it batman or any villains (Like that Heath ledger joker PF that seems to have been in development for forever at this point). Any teases you can give us for PFs or even other busts?

Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars? It accounts for pretty much my whole collection. There have been ZERO statues other than Boba and Vader stuff announced which are characters we all have in so many forms already. And Savage of course but that's it and I really can't stand the clone wars cartoon (Though you guys did a fantastic job on his statue). Maybe I'm being picky but we've seen almost no announcements and what we have gotten has almost all been the same characters. I already have a large scale vader. I don't want to waste valuable room and money on a second one. I'd love a legendary scale figure, for example, but we keep getting the same characters over and over again. The star wars universe has so many rich characters to choose from and we are getting nothing new or original on the off chance we do get a star wars statue. We saw nothing at SDCC this year other than the Boba PF. Where are the new PF's or life size busts or any kind of sculpted star wars pieces? Will we see anything soon? Maybe Octoberfest? Please? I'll give you a high five! A hug? I'll buy you guys a puppy for the office! I'll send you my yearly salary so you can pay someone to develop a star wars piece of my request! That's not totally unreasonable, right? Ok I'll stop.

Do you guys have the rights to the second Man of Steel as well? Will we be seeing any more statues from that franchise be it from the first film or future ones?

That's it! So there must be something you can give me on at least ONE right?
Amazing Spider-Man piece is still in the works. I don't know if more than just Spider-Man will be produced.

Aside from Heath Ledger Joker, I do not know what else might be in development for The Dark Knight trilogy.

I do not know if we have the rights to make Man of Steel 2 products at this time, sorry.

More Star Wars is in development but most likely would not be revealed until sometime in 2015.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
13 posts, he's just excited, lol - we've all been there (maybe we were able to reel it in a bit better though, haha)

Hey Alex

I hate to ask a specific question about a problem that I'm struggling with, but maybe others are going through this as well.

I was a day 1 pre-order with the Superman PF, and I've still yet to be notified of it being charged and shipped to me. I've read that customers who got their are already receiving replacement parts for errors, and I've also read that the Regular Edition will be shipping sometime next year.

I was hoping someone would address him at SDCC in some way for those of us still waiting, but I didn't notice anything. Should I be concerned at this point that I somehow won't be receiving a Superman EX; was there a problem with covering the pre-orders for him? What can I do to hopefully get mine before it's too late?

Thanks!
I know waves and waves of Superman's keep coming in and going out to customers. If you are concerned I would highly recommend dropping our Customer Service department (by email, phone or live chat (available during our business hours)) a note to ask for an update regarding your order. They will be the best department to give you an update. I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long to receive the Man of Steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
Hi Alex,

As always thank you for spending the time to answer all our questions even they're repetitive as heck Lol
So i thought I'd keep it light for ya
1. SDCC was amazing and damn you guys for previewing so many awesome things for us, what was your favourite part
2. Whats the one preview that you loved the most
3. What are your for SURE top 3 buys from the Con
4. Who was the biggest star you met that made you go WOW!

Cheers!
Favorite part of what we revealed? Godzilla, Batgirl, and all things Court of the Dead! Favorite part of the show? Getting to talk to old and new fans! My top three buys...Batgirl, Godzilla, and Cleopsis. I didn't actually get to meet any celebs. George R.R. Martin stopped about 6 feet away from me to gaze at the Deathwing Statue, Del Toro was walking through the booth before preview night started, so that was nice seeing him. And I walked by Kevin Smith about 4 times in the course of one day, ha! I didn't really have a WOW moment with any of this though as my excitement for the famous really waned many years ago when I remembered they are just people to, who just happen to be in the spotlight. When I see a celeb now I just think....I know that person. Oh yeah, they are so and so. I of course get other's excitement over celebs and do not begrudge or think anything wrong with people's squee's and such when they get to meet the favorite actor, actress, director, author, etc. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transient View Post
Will Kerrigan have any light up features like previous Blizzard offerings have?

Glowing yellow eyes would be really awesome.

Thanks!
This piece is not expected to have a light-up feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Hi Alex,

Any idea when we can expect a Batgirl PF preorder? Thank you!
Hard to say. It's still going through final approvals. So hopefully sometime in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
Is Wonder Woman's underwear painted on and aligned with her skin? In Francos video their isnt a seem or even a change from the skin to her underwear and its just paint.
I'll have to see the piece once it's unpacked again to answer this question. I'll let you know (hopefully by next week sometime).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
How tall is the Godzilla statue/any idea of when it will go up for pre-order?

Thanks
My head is a blur from SDCC but I did ask this question and I believe I was told it's 22 inches tall. I know some here will thinks that's tiny but after looking at my boyfriends vast collection of Godzilla collectibles (from gashapon, to Marmits, to Bandai and some others thrown in) this piece seems massive to me. I personally love it but I know others prefer much larger scale products, so this may not be their cup of tea.

As for when it goes up for Pre-Order. I don't know any exact Pre-Order dates for most new items shown at SDCC. Hopefully the Kaiju king will be up for Pre-Order before the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi Alex,

Can you said me, if the version of Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure exposed to San Diego Comic Con 2014 was a production piece?

Thank you very much.
That was a product piece at this year's SDCC.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:24 AM   #2290
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
My head is a blur from SDCC but I did ask this question and I believe I was told it's 22 inches tall. I know some here will thinks that's tiny but after looking at my boyfriends vast collection of Godzilla collectibles (from gashapon, to Marmits, to Bandai and some others thrown in) this piece seems massive to me. I personally love it but I know others prefer much larger scale products, so this may not be their cup of tea.

As for when it goes up for Pre-Order. I don't know any exact Pre-Order dates for most new items shown at SDCC. Hopefully the Kaiju king will be up for Pre-Order before the end of the year.

Thanks for the reply. 22 inches is plenty big.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote