Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #621
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Sideshow please fix the lean before this ships. That will only get worse over time if she isn't standing straight to begin with.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #622
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post

Thank you Hanky. Great angles!
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #623
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Hahhaha yeah bags and some days its less but i would say i spend about 1hr - 1 1/2 every day and when my husband and i go out to dinner or nice date night it may be twice that

Hahaha oh boys boys boys!!

Yeah i know because with an ass like hers we can't have her hair covering that up right?

The money shot right there!! Hahaha

Sarah
The money shot alrighty! This pic just convinced me to PO it
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #624
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Sideshow please fix the lean before this ships. That will only get worse over time if she isn't standing straight to begin with.
Ewwe wow just saw what you were talking about and I thought you meant just little bit but over time that will only get worse like you said this can be easy fix hopefully they get it corrected soon because it can easily be fixed before we get her!

Hopefully sideshow is listening.....

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #625
DaveC
Frackin!

Hi folks. I seem to spend most of my time lurking on this forum and only ever post when a new Vampirella statue is revealed! I've been following this thread with interest and agree with a lot of what's been said. I want to thank everyone who's posted the videos and pictures from SDCC, they've convinced me to place my order. However, I do have one question for people here. The color balance on my monitor is pretty poor, so the eyes of this sculpt seem blue in some of the pictures I've seen. Has anyone else noticed this? As anyone into Vampirella knows, the character's eyes are actually green, not blue. I guess it's this kind of detail (like the missing bat emblem on the last, otherwise superlative, PF) that may make true aficionados think twice about a purchase.

That being said, I probably won't be looking at this sculpt's eyes most of the time!

Regards,

Dave.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #626
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Hi folks. I seem to spend most of my time lurking on this forum and only ever post when a new Vampirella statue is revealed! I've been following this thread with interest and agree with a lot of what's been said. I want to thank everyone who's posted the videos and pictures from SDCC, they've convinced me to place my order. However, I do have one question for people here. The color balance on my monitor is pretty poor, so the eyes of this sculpt seem blue in some of the pictures I've seen. Has anyone else noticed this? As anyone into Vampirella knows, the character's eyes are actually green, not blue. I guess it's this kind of detail (like the missing bat emblem on the last, otherwise superlative, PF) that may make true aficionados think twice about a purchase.

That being said, I probably won't be looking at this sculpt's eyes most of the time!

Regards,

Dave.
From what I can tell her eyes are baby blue in the statue. Sorry if this sways some fans away from this awesome piece I know if I were a fan of the character that would be a detail that would bug me too.
Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #627
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Congrats on your 5th post! It's always good to have more peeps interacting on here. To answer your question, yes she does have blue eyes. I noticed that when she was first revealed, but it doesn't bother me too much. The rest of the statue more than makes up for it.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #628
Mister Papaya
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

To be fair, I didn't even notice her eye colour this entire time...

Mister Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #629
DaveC
Frackin!

Thanks Shanesg and Mister Papaya, for confirming the eye color. At least I now know I don't have to adjust my screen!

BTW, there's been some discussion about the relevance of the pose. Of course the sculpt follows the original art work pretty closely, but I suspect that artgerm may have been slightly influenced, in turn, by the Moore Creations Susumu Sugita Vampirella statue, which has a similar right arm pose, but raised higher. You could then almost imagine that Sugita was, in turn, influenced by the classic Bela Lugosi vampire pose, where he's holding his cape in front of his face (or am I thinking of The Count from Sesame Street?) So perhaps this latest PF isn't just another unimaginative pose, but one that draws on a number of classic sources.

Regards,

Dave.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #630
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Major kudos to thx217's awesome photos! The man has knack for taking great closeups!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=145887&page=7

Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote