Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #21
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

well the piece your showing Chirs isn't the final design that will be seen on film.
and from what i have seen so far of Godzilla from the trailers. im optimistic that what will be done will be far better than that.
plus this film is going to do extremely well i believe. the trailer is everything that i had hoped for and im a Huge Godzilla fan.
Godzilla is far more popular than you realize. if the pieces are done well this could be huge profits for SS. plus i dont think SS would have even tried to get the license if they thought otherwise.
and i honestly think the pieces will be bigger than the PR pieces due to the fact that Godzilla is an iconic character with history (at least im hoping). where PR are an unknown and all new charters based on charterers such as Godzilla.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
Spazzy
Hercules

Will wait till I see the movie, who knows I could be blown away...unlike the last movie

Did just see the trailer yesterday and so far so good!
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #23
Igo
Producer
Producer

It's not gonna be HUGE huge, but it's gonna be a good size, and he's gonna be bigger than the Pac Rim stuff we did. Already working on him and we're not using anything anyone else made, starting this baby from scratch.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #24
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well the piece your showing Chirs isn't the final design that will be seen on film.
and from what i have seen so far of Godzilla from the trailers. im optimistic that what will be done will be far better than that.
plus this film is going to do extremely well i believe. the trailer is everything that i had hoped for and im a Huge Godzilla fan.
Godzilla is far more popular than you realize. if the pieces are done well this could be huge profits for SS. plus i dont think SS would have even tried to get the license if they thought otherwise.
and i honestly think the pieces will be bigger than the PR pieces due to the fact that Godzilla is an iconic character with history (at least im hoping). where PR are an unknown and all new charters based on charterers such as Godzilla.

I'm sure the final product design might look a little different on screen. All I was trying to say with those photos was to expect something close to that scale. SS may add a large base to add some height, but the tail takes up a lot of real estate. Look how much space it takes up just in those pics. If you scale it up to something 30" tall the base alone would be 3' wide. That's huge, theirs no way SS is that ambitious. Not to mention something that large would be upward of $1500-$2000. How many collectors you think will drop that sort of cash on a Godzilla statue that you need a dinner table to display it on?

All I'm saying is don't set the bar to high because you will probably be disappointed.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #25
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
It's not gonna be HUGE huge, but it's gonna be a good size, and he's gonna be bigger than the Pac Rim stuff we did. Already working on him and we're not using anything anyone else made, starting this baby from scratch.
Well the starting from scratch part is good to know. Just know whatever scale you guys pick, add another 2-3" and that's what we're looking for

Chris
Old 01-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #26
leplant
Deadman

Godzilla is not Pacific Rim, and hopefully will not be handled in the same way. This may be a film license, but Godzilla has an established film and collector fan base that spans 60 years, and the globe. If handled correctly, this license could be extremely successful. X-Plus vinal vigures can sell for thousands when they are no longer available, and even new the 30 cm collection are several hundred dollars. Cinemaquette/Toynomi sold out their 4ft, which would be equivalent to an LSF, so there is clearly a market for large scale expensive stuff as well. Hopefully Sideshow recognizes the opportunity and comes out with something that redefines Godzilla collecting.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #27
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
thank you Dave. music to my eyes.
can not wait to see what you guys are doing.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #28
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I'm sure the final product design might look a little different on screen. All I was trying to say with those photos was to expect something close to that scale. SS may add a large base to add some height, but the tail takes up a lot of real estate. Look how much space it takes up just in those pics. If you scale it up to something 30" tall the base alone would be 3' wide. That's huge, theirs no way SS is that ambitious. Not to mention something that large would be upward of $1500-$2000. How many collectors you think will drop that sort of cash on a Godzilla statue that you need a dinner table to display it on?

All I'm saying is don't set the bar to high because you will probably be disappointed.

Chris
i hear what your saying. but im not jsyt talking LSF size here either. even a maquette at 2' would be nice. and from what Igo just posted he will be bigger than the PR line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Well the starting from scratch part is good to know. Just know whatever scale you guys pick, add another 2-3" and that's what we're looking for

Chris
like i said. as long as he is bigger than the PR line im good. and will be a day one PO for me.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #29
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
Godzilla is not Pacific Rim, and hopefully will not be handled in the same way. This may be a film license, but Godzilla has an established film and collector fan base that spans 60 years, and the globe. If handled correctly, this license could be extremely successful. X-Plus vinal vigures can sell for thousands when they are no longer available, and even new the 30 cm collection are several hundred dollars. Cinemaquette/Toynomi sold out their 4ft, which would be equivalent to an LSF, so there is clearly a market for large scale expensive stuff as well. Hopefully Sideshow recognizes the opportunity and comes out with something that redefines Godzilla collecting.
Exactly what im talking about! leplant
Old 01-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #30
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
thank you Dave. music to my eyes.
can not wait to see what you guys are doing.
That's a new one

Chris