Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #121
SONICobra
Batman

knowing how powerful she is and that shes on the edge of having a mental breakdown and rewriting the universe has me a little on edge and enjoying it more than my non-comic reading family members
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #122
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
knowing how powerful she is and that shes on the edge of having a mental breakdown and rewriting the universe has me a little on edge and enjoying it more than my non-comic reading family members
Oh, so this show is sort of showing how powerful she is. I most likely won't watch it but I hope the last line she says in the show is "make everything bronze age".
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #123
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Yeah, lots of comic nods have me excited, but I get to those unfamiliar be greeted with a shrug.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:39 PM   #124
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Will they do a 'Full House' homage in the next week or two, I wonder...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #125
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Will they do a 'Full House' homage in the next week or two, I wonder...
Spoiler
Episode 4 should be late 70's to early 80's if they keep with the timeline they've done so far.

So...The facts of life? Different Strokes?

Episode 5 should full on be Full House, lol.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:20 PM   #126
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Spoiler
Episode 4 should be late 70's to early 80's if they keep with the timeline they've done so far.

So...The facts of life? Different Strokes?

Episode 5 should full on be Full House, lol.
Spoiler

Man I love the 80s. My bet is family ties.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:12 PM   #127
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok, business has picked up. I can’t wait for next week.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:08 PM   #128
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yes late 60's or early 70's for sure.

Spoiler
Vision starts realizing pretty early something isn't right and Wanda seems to reset the scene again. I got goose bumps when the screen widen out to full format to show reality outside of Westview. I think things are going to get very weird from here on out.
Dude, I rewound the scene three times thinking that I had an internet lag or something! Amazingly done!

I honestly don't understand why people are so resistant to challenging/non-obvious entertainment mediums. It's like the moment a movie or television appears to have any depth to it people lost interest. Seeing what music is popular nowadays should be more than enough evidence to realize the arts are being dumbed down across the board. Hell, we're already talking about a comic book property...just how simple do people who watch cartoons want it to be?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:28 PM   #129
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Dude, I rewound the scene three times thinking that I had an internet lag or something! Amazingly done!

I honestly don't understand why people are so resistant to challenging/non-obvious entertainment mediums. It's like the moment a movie or television appears to have any depth to it people lost interest. Seeing what music is popular nowadays should be more than enough evidence to realize the arts are being dumbed down across the board. Hell, we're already talking about a comic book property...just how simple do people who watch cartoons want it to be?
I'm not going to insult anyone, but I do think mediums demand differently of people.

I was talking to someone younger about how I grew up listening to music. Buy an album, put on the record player and listen to every track while sitting in a chair staring at album art.
Compared to them searching on Spotify for exact song or skipping around if they get bored after 30 seconds in a track. They couldn't conceive of listening to a single band for an hour if it meant getting through song didn't enjoy.

I think streaming has done that to television. All about "now!" in the mind that can keep playing so waiting a week like I did growing up people get bored and move on. I never binge shows the way some of my friends do. The plow through ten episodes and then onto the next thing while I'm on episode two enjoying the speculation.

Imagine if Mandalorian released all at once. All anyone would talk about would be the end. The fun of the build up, the reveals along the way? All would have been under a wave of "oh my gosh, the ending!"

I think those that want that experience can wait a few months and get it, but for me I'm enjoying being on the same page each week discussing a show again than going "I wonder what X is about?" and someone smiling "oh, you'll see!" as they watched ahead.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:17 PM   #130
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm not going to insult anyone, but I do think mediums demand differently of people.

I was talking to someone younger about how I grew up listening to music. Buy an album, put on the record player and listen to every track while sitting in a chair staring at album art.
Compared to them searching on Spotify for exact song or skipping around if they get bored after 30 seconds in a track. They couldn't conceive of listening to a single band for an hour if it meant getting through song didn't enjoy.

I think streaming has done that to television. All about "now!" in the mind that can keep playing so waiting a week like I did growing up people get bored and move on. I never binge shows the way some of my friends do. The plow through ten episodes and then onto the next thing while I'm on episode two enjoying the speculation.

Imagine if Mandalorian released all at once. All anyone would talk about would be the end. The fun of the build up, the reveals along the way? All would have been under a wave of "oh my gosh, the ending!"

I think those that want that experience can wait a few months and get it, but for me I'm enjoying being on the same page each week discussing a show again than going "I wonder what X is about?" and someone smiling "oh, you'll see!" as they watched ahead.
's
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote