Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #71
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
Both the justice buster and stand alone Batman look awesome! I wish I had room for either of these. Though the solo Batman being close to an average 1/4 scale is tempting...
Now I just saw the prices. $650 for Batman alone, $2500 for the JB, and $3000 for the 2 of them. Not bad at all IMO considering what you get.
Wow! I was expecting $800-$900 and I didn't even know if they'd sell Batman individually. That $650 is a steal IMO. I love the look of it (although I wish the cape was sculpted).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:17 AM   #72
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't surprise easy at all but I guess considering my previous posts....I'm surprised lol.

I wouldn't be so surprised if there weren't inconsistencies of some sort in pricing. I mean why is this almost DOUBLE the price of Bane vs Batman and Batman vs Joker Dragon? Why is it $600 more than something the size of Nosferatu Zodd? I can understand it costing more than some of those but this much more? They're also showing me that JB is $2,500 on its own and Batman is $650.....gee thanks. A whole $50 off of what your prices individually for them are. This is also noticeably more than XM Studios Hulkbuster/Iron Man was and it seems to me like that statue was even bigger than this one and just as detailed. I wouldn't have been surprised at ~$2,400 for both. For $3k, I'm surprised. And that will inevitably be closer to 4k after shipping.

It's very cool but, man. I just don't get the pricing sometimes.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #73
xb24
Sinister Six

I'm trying to like it because it's really cool to have a batman mech but it just doesn't wow me. I think it's the robot head design and the dark paint app of the buster. I think I need to see it in person to appreciate.
xb24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #74
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I don't surprise easy at all but I guess considering my previous posts....I'm surprised lol.

I wouldn't be so surprised if there weren't inconsistencies of some sort in pricing. I mean why is this almost DOUBLE the price of Bane vs Batman and Batman vs Joker Dragon? Why is it $600 more than something the size of Nosferatu Zodd? I can understand it costing more than some of those but this much more? They're also showing me that JB is $2,500 on its own and Batman is $650.....gee thanks. A whole $50 off of what your prices individually for them are. This is also noticeably more than XM Studios Hulkbuster/Iron Man was and it seems to me like that statue was even bigger than this one and just as detailed. I wouldn't have been surprised at ~$2,400 for both. For $3k, I'm surprised. And that will inevitably be closer to 4k after shipping.

It's very cool but, man. I just don't get the pricing sometimes.
I am with you that this is definitely more than I thought it would be (and the shipping will be killer as this will probably be 3 boxes for sure). Also, the discount is $150, not $50 (still not huge but it is around 5% for the pair).

My guess on the high price is that it is due to a) higher production costs (the XM Hulkbuster is about 3 years old now I believe), b) it is a more standard Batman item than the Joker Dragon so it should be more popular (and they figure they can charge more for it), and c) they believe it is a unique, special piece which won't have a lot of buyers due to the size (so they need to get what they can out of it).
Old 01-27-2021, 11:51 AM   #75
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
The question is, who would win in a fight, the Justice Buster, or the Hulkbuster?.....
Well, Hulkbuster was designed to take down the hulk, and the JB was designed to take down multiple superheros, so probably Justice Buster.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #76
mva5580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I am with you that this is definitely more than I thought it would be (and the shipping will be killer as this will probably be 3 boxes for sure). Also, the discount is $150, not $50 (still not huge but it is around 5% for the pair).

My guess on the high price is that it is due to a) higher production costs (the XM Hulkbuster is about 3 years old now I believe), b) it is a more standard Batman item than the Joker Dragon so it should be more popular (and they figure they can charge more for it), and c) they believe it is a unique, special piece which won't have a lot of buyers due to the size (so they need to get what they can out of it).
God....quick stupid math. I apologize for that.

And yeah, I see what you're saying. Just a rough price to look at I guess.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:05 PM   #77
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
God....quick stupid math. I apologize for that.

And yeah, I see what you're saying. Just a rough price to look at I guess.
I am with you that it is rough. I think the most I have ever spent on a statue is around $1100. While I think this is cool, I just don't know if I have the cash and space for this piece. I mean, the depth alone is 28 inches which is crazy (height is 35 inches and width is 30 inches).
Old 01-27-2021, 12:57 PM   #78
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I actually feel the opposite. Buster is a pass for me, but I really like this Batman.... has some Arkham game vibes going on for me too, which is a big plus.
sorry fellas, im not going to rain on anyones parade who likes it so ill post my critiques in spoiler brackets

Spoiler

- dont like the portrait, the main reason i passed on batcave hush batman. if they wanted to recycle a portrait they should have gone with zero year batman
- the cape does not look good. either bad material or bad posing but its a big miss for me. a shame too because theyve sculpted some great batman capes
- the base is very flat and looks like an afterthought
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:18 PM   #79
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
sorry fellas, im not going to rain on anyones parade who likes it so ill post my critiques in spoiler brackets

Spoiler

- dont like the portrait, the main reason i passed on batcave hush batman. if they wanted to recycle a portrait they should have gone with zero year batman
- the cape does not look good. either bad material or bad posing but its a big miss for me. a shame too because theyve sculpted some great batman capes
- the base is very flat and looks like an afterthought
Well, 1 and 3 are personal opinion, so not really raining on anyone's parade. The cape... of course I'd always prefer sculpted over fabric. I can't speak to quality of the fabric from a picture though. However, the stories I have heard/seen of their 1/3 scale capes peeling/falling apart do concern me. The problem with those stories is that the collectors like to leave out details, like the climate the piece is displayed in, for example.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #80
mva5580

When it comes to the actual design I can't say I really have any glaring issues, I'm even ok with the fabric cape in this instance because I understand Batman isn't the "star" of the statue and I get that decision.

It's really cool......I don't know though man. So crazy expensive. I guess it's a good thing for me that I'll always be someone who owns a low # of statues. This isn't even getting into that if I do decide to get this, I have no idea where I'm putting a statue that's 28" deep. Yikes.