Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-13-2021, 12:10 AM   #641
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I checked mine and the one panel have those scuffs or scratches on it but I had to shine a flashlight on it in order to see them. Had this not have been brought up I truly doubt I ever would have seen them. To me the scuffs look like they are in the panels itself.

For me, it would not be worth sending it back or requesting a replacement. If the scratches were heavy on mine then I ask about replacing it. The only bad thing is if they cannot exchange it for you then you are stuck with it or getting a refund for it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:27 AM   #642
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I checked mine and the one panel have those scuffs or scratches on it but I had to shine a flashlight on it in order to see them. Had this not have been brought up I truly doubt I ever would have seen them. To me the scuffs look like they are in the panels itself.

For me, it would not be worth sending it back or requesting a replacement. If the scratches were heavy on mine then I ask about replacing it. The only bad thing is if they cannot exchange it for you then you are stuck with it or getting a refund for it.
Sorry I should have mentioned that mine is lit from behind, so it shows them much more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_070244.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	135996  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:39 AM   #643
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Sorry I should have mentioned that mine is lit from behind, so it shows them much more.
well I could see with light behind the statue that it would show up considerable more. Hopefully it is not that noticeable unless you are looking for it. My statue is sitting on top of my one display shelves that has no lights so I will not ever notice it and will probably forget about it.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:02 AM   #644
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
well I could see with light behind the statue that it would show up considerable more. Hopefully it is not that noticeable unless you are looking for it. My statue is sitting on top of my one display shelves that has no lights so I will not ever notice it and will probably forget about it.
Mine has it too, but it's lit from the front so I need to go looking and from a certain angle. Saw it when I unboxed it and just assumed that was a resin manufacturing risk/quirk. Some other imperfections too, but I don't mind at all.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:09 AM   #645
Karnis
Blue Falcon

It looks like perhaps a foreign substance might have gotten mixed in with the clear resin in those spots...*maybe* some of the mold releasing agent, who knows. Doesn't look like cracks so it should be fine over the long term.
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:20 AM   #646
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Okay...so it looks like it's common if not intentional. I can work with that. I shall forgo my request for a replacement. Thanks guys.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:55 PM   #647
George Clark
Justice League

A sad note from Sideshow on my GL staute yesterday:

"In early December, a cargo ship carrying Sideshow product encountered a significant weather event. This event resulted in nearly a third of its cargo containers incurring loss or damage - a historic and newsworthy international event for the shipping industry. We were hopeful to have received an update from the shipping company by now, but the process of unloading and evaluating the containers will take longer than anticipated"

Still anxious to get this statue - will most likely pick it up from Spec Fiction...
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #648
Gravitron
Fantastic Four

Mine was lost at sea. Maybe Pirates? WTF>? The Great God Neptune just wasn't having it that day and saw fit I would never see my Green Lantern statue...I lament his loss.
Gravitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #649
mmk123

Now that was the Tweeterhead GL statue that people ordered from Sideshow I am assuming, correct?

Regardless what statue that does stink
Old 01-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #650
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Terrible, really hope you all can get a replacement.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote