Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 07:34 PM   #161
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Thanks brother
I like how your Stark headsculpt looks. Are you happy with that one?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #162
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
Could of fooled me. Xm does not need cheerleaders when they have you lol.
There is a reason my name is GrumpyBear. Don´t try to play a game with me you can never win.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #163
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yet you gave that style as a reference to what XM could of released. Also Sosa DC line and a lot of his Koto stuff is the crazy muscle sculpts so IMO that does seem to be his preferred thing, I have no doubt he could sculpt other stuff but I'm guessing he wanted XM to go his route of sculpting instead of keeping it more realistic... just a guess though...
Nope, I do what the client wants, again and for the last time I decided to leave, easy as that
Old 06-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #164
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I just couldn't jive with for example the unmasked DD head, I know the nature of the character is noir/dark and he doesn't go around grinning like that.
Yup...I understand why XM took a stand – fans were getting blood-thirsty and out-of-hand – but that was not the piece to do it on. When everyone's saying it's absolutely terrible (objectively, because it's not the character) – you gotta suck up your pride and listen. This was senseless stubbornness based on ignorance of the subject matter, and clearly had some repercussions. Remember: pride never wins!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #165
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
There is a reason my name is GrumpyBear. Don´t try to play a game with me you can never win.
No problem, its clear you always play alone.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #166
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
No problem, its clear you always play alone.
No, next try?

Old 06-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #167
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Not that I care, but with all due respect, yes Spidey you are right, I have to be able to do many styles, and sometimes people just want ripped, as was the case with Wolverine. I can do any style, anime, realistic, likenesses , animated ( Disney), etc.
Otherwise I'd paint myself into a corner and never get certain projects
The key to surviving in the industry is being versatile, but I do have to agree I love to make characters that look more like they came out of a Simon Bisley comic book but that is rarely what I am allowed to do.
That being said I must say I had my second thoughts with certain aspects of the process, and obviously XM has their own taste and I have to respect that , I just couldn't jive with for example the unmasked DD head, I know the nature of the character is noir/dark and he doesn't go around grinning like that. However and ultimately the client is always right, and artist have to do what theey are requested, and that relationship is something one must either respect or move on to start his own company, period.
I have known a few style chameleons in the penciling game. If you have a chance check out the work of Loston Wallace http://lostonwallace.deviantart.com/gallery/ the man can draw in damn near any style, and was a penciling mentor of mine for a good long while. In the end .... well you know that I am studying your work m8, I will follow you wherever you go, and I will always listen to your advice. I still owe you a more realistic male headsculpt picture.... going to get back to that right now.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #168
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

its amusing how we were hoping people would stop speculating on this thread...and then it just continued. As far as Erick's style some of it is great, I am very impressed by the Thor's Portraits...the whole piece is the best Thor I have ever seen, so I am thankful to him for that! He also seems to be able to do different styles based on requests so once again that is very talented, which some people may not like those styles or poses. All in all both XM and Sosa are goin in different directions and sometimes may end up in the same place...I wish them both the best of luck and would hope that everyone can end the rumours.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:19 PM   #169
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator