Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #91
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about it. That's just the way it is. It's kind of uninteresting. Sub-zero's base...the idea for that was OK but they didn't really make it work, in my opinion. But this Scorpion base... It just doesn't add much at the end of the day. It's just a few skulls and a skeleton... I don't see why they thought it was worth going through the trouble of realizing it. Again, as it doesn't add much. Something with flames would have been better as Sub-zero's one has ice...but doing that without it looking a bit silly may be a challenge.

I'm happy those Scorpion fans who also don't like it still have the option of the regular version.
Erihppas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #92
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
You see Scorps new base? I'm loving these new themed bases not so crazy about them all being $400....
$329 or so after 20% discount....but I hear ya.

I don't have any problem with the new bases. IN fact, I welcome them. Gives the statue a nice theme.

I see a couple complaining about the size of these bases, but let's be clear here.

This is an 18" 1/4 statue. I don't know of too many small bases on these size statues. Colossus has a big base (bigger than MK bases so far) and thats one of the best statues to come out of SS camp. Skaar, Hulk, Thing, etc. etc. all have bases that dwarf and eclipse the MK bases. The PCS Scorpion base has much more depth than the MK ones (I always find depth much harder to prepare for when wanting to display statues). If anyone buys 1/4 statues, then it should be expected they are going to eat up lots of room.

Any kind of spread stance or big characters are going to have pretty wide bases.

I absolutely think flames on the new Scorpion base is not necessary. Flames are kind of hard to pull off on statues (which is why you don't see much involving flames). Secondly, one doesn't need to put flames on a base. Whoever is familiar with Scorpion doesn't need to get slapped in the face with flames on a base. I personally like the new Sub and Scorp bases and can't wait to see them fully painted.

It doesn't matter what Syco does to some...they are damned if they do this..or damned if they do that. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #93
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
Yeah, I'm not too thrilled about it. That's just the way it is. It's kind of uninteresting. Sub-zero's base...the idea for that was OK but they didn't really make it work, in my opinion. But this Scorpion base... It just doesn't add much at the end of the day. It's just a few skulls and a skeleton... I don't see why they thought it was worth going through the trouble of realizing it. Again, as it doesn't add much. Something with flames would have been better as Sub-zero's one has ice...but doing that without it looking a bit silly may be a challenge.

I'm happy those Scorpion fans who also don't like it still have the option of the regular version.
I agree that having options is great!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #94
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

does anyone know how to get the 20% discount on this statue? I can't seem to find e link. thanks
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #95
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
does anyone know how to get the 20% discount on this statue? I can't seem to find e link. thanks
I haven't seen one yet, either.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote