It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

I just stumbled across this unboxing video of Lara! Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfg0ONwYi4
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #122
vinnnie
Luke Cage

That's quick, I'm still waiting for the last payment quote :\ but I guess we EU people will get those when ours arrive at their EU warehouse.
From what I've seen in the vid she looks good, only worrying about the eyes and I hope the hairstrands wont arrive broken.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:25 AM   #123
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah mine still says pending :< I ordered pretty late though.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #124
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I just stumbled across this unboxing video of Lara! Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfg0ONwYi4
Thanks Sisco. I can't say that I'm very happy with the production pieces though. Here's a side by side comparison using screenshots from the video.

Sadly, I'm not sure I want to keep my order.
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM   #125
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I wouldn't be so hasty to walk away.

Firstly, you're production statue is never going to be like the artist proof, the question is always going to be, "how close can it get?"

Secondary, the artist proof is photographed under strict / controlled lighting conditions, to bring out the best features of the statue....no quick YouTube video is ever going to match that! That might explain some of the colour bleed you see in the eyes for example.

Thirdly, I personally think the skin texture is better on the production figure. We know Laura went through some rough shazz in the game, but nothing that made her skin look like parchment!!

Finally, I think, even if the statue paint apps are not 100%, in this specific case, she could be "touched up" around the face to improve the finish.....this might be too extreme a step for most people though!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #126
LionHeart717
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I wouldn't be so hasty to walk away.

Firstly, you're production statue is never going to be like the artist proof, the question is always going to be, "how close can it get?"

Secondary, the artist proof is photographed under strict / controlled lighting conditions, to bring out the best features of the statue....no quick YouTube video is ever going to match that! That might explain some of the colour bleed you see in the eyes for example.

Thirdly, I personally think the skin texture is better on the production figure. We know Laura went through some rough shazz in the game, but nothing that made her skin look like parchment!!

Finally, I think, even if the statue paint apps are not 100%, in this specific case, she could be "touched up" around the face to improve the finish.....this might be too extreme a step for most people though!
I appreciate the optimism. I haven't walked away just yet, as I would still like to see some good in hand pics. It's just the face that is bothering me. I'm not crazy about the eyes or lips on the production piece.
LionHeart717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #127
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'd be lying if I said these pics weren't concerning, but we'll see...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #128
built2shred
Phoenix

The biggest letdown is the blood effects, they really toned them down for the production version. So much so it doesn't really look like blood anymore..

I'll wait and see some more pictures but I'm kind of glad I cancelled mine. Although this now has me a bit worried for the Mass Effect statues now.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #129
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

The entire face sculpt looks different, I wonder if it was changed to match the definitive edition re-release of the game.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #130
dao2
Cyclops

Actually it looks exactly the same, the first picture is way off cause it was taken way too close. The rest look the same, the lips don't seem as puffy because of paint.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote