Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #461
jeremydmc
Black Panther

As I mentioned earlier in this thread mine was not numbered either and I am not sure what number mine is even with the shipper box. It's either #23 or #33. The handwriting on the shipper was pretty sloppy. But that will not take away from the fact the statue is otherwise perfection.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #462
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
As I mentioned earlier in this thread mine was not numbered either and I am not sure what number mine is even with the shipper box. It's either #23 or #33. The handwriting on the shipper was pretty sloppy. But that will not take away from the fact the statue is otherwise perfection.
Not questioning that Donna is perfection. I concur with that statement 200%. Am merely stating that I bought the exclusive wanting that numbered base. Now am regretting not just buying from a distributor and getting her even earlier.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #463
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Donna is perfect! Then again, noticed my ES (70 of 153) does not have a numbered base? Anyone else the same way? Kinda defeats the purpose of having an exclusive. The lithograph was also just the size of a thank you card, not quite what I was expecting.

TBH, kinda feel cheated out by the non-numbered supposedly exclusive edition base.
Not arguing... but what does the number do for you? Personally for me it makes zero difference.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 AM   #464
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Not arguing... but what does the number do for you? Personally for me it makes zero difference.
I’d like to think I’m not alone on this. But especially for a low ES statue line like TH’s, having a numbered base adds to the collector’s value (at least IMO) of the piece.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #465
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Not questioning that Donna is perfection. I concur with that statement 200%. Am merely stating that I bought the exclusive wanting that numbered base. Now am regretting not just buying from a distributor and getting her even earlier.
Oh, I know you are happy with the statue. I am agreeing I would like a numbered base that matches the shipper box. All of the other statue companies that I have bought from do it. Seems to be a standard. The only thing we have to show so far in the SP line that you even have an Ex is the shipper box.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #466
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
I’d like to think I’m not alone on this. But especially for a low ES statue line like TH’s, having a numbered base adds to the collector’s value (at least IMO) of the piece.
A statue with a 7000ES and 8000 people who want it is more valuable than a statue with a 100ES and only 80 people who want it.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:50 PM   #467
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
A statue with a 7000ES and 8000 people who want it is more valuable than a statue with a 100ES and only 80 people who want it.
Not necessarily true.

I think people are just only now starting to warm up to Tweeterhead. People are not wanting/buying it now but will likely want one later on as Tweeterhead gains popularity.

Am looking at it from the secondary/resale market value. Using your same argument, there wasn’t much demand for XM Studio’s Storm. Then again, people later regretted not buying it then the demand rose. Because a much smaller number was initially made, the XM Storm piece now demands 2.5-3x its original value. Obviously this is an extreme scenario but it is one example that goes against your point.

Another way to look at it — Even if 8000 people want a statue and only 7000 were made, there’s a higher chance of finding one on the resale market down the line. And because 7000 were made, resellers can’t drive up the price much, if any.

Lower ES sizes is always a plus.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #468
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Lower ES sizes is always a plus.
Not unless it's no longer financially feasible for a company to keep making statues with low ESes.

I've been keeping tabs on Tweeterhead for a while, but the way that the company is run has caused me to hold off on ordering anything made by them -- even Batgirl.

Also, when I see companies fire-selling Supergirl and the hyenas within six months of their release, that's not a good sign for aftermarket valuations, either.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #469
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
How long did it take for your order to come from spec fiction? I got my order confirmation and a thank you email but I was just wondering how long it actually took to ship
I got my notice Wednesday night, paid it right away, and she was shipped on Thursday morning. I received her on Saturday.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #470
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Not unless it's no longer financially feasible for a company to keep making statues with low ESes.

I've been keeping tabs on Tweeterhead for a while, but the way that the company is run has caused me to hold off on ordering anything made by them -- even Batgirl.

Also, when I see companies fire-selling Supergirl and the hyenas within six months of their release, that's not a good sign for aftermarket valuations, either.
Even as a Supergirl fan I waited for sale to buy it, meanwhile pre-order Batgirl day one. I think many pieces vary in demand in a line so it is hard to say which ones will be sought after and which will be bargains. I'm very happy with Donna regardless of her aftermarket situation.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote