Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Are you surprised that it seems Sideshow canceled this year?s 12 Days?
Nothing surprises me anymore. 48 48.98%
I am crestfallen. 7 7.14%
They finally did it. They have brought disappointment to a new level. 43 43.88%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2023, 08:19 PM   #491
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think SS actually does look at these forums as on several occasions we have been lucky to see responses from their team. What other sources of customer feedback would they get (other than dollars)? I would not call their media events feedback either.
Especially when slightly negative posts on their Facebook pages have a good chance of being deleted or locked. Prime 1 does the same.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 08:28 PM   #492
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think SS actually does look at these forums as on several occasions we have been lucky to see responses from their team. What other sources of customer feedback would they get (other than dollars)? I would not call their media events feedback either.
I've never saw them respond, I mean I believe you, but on the stuff I've followed, I haven't saw any responses, which is usually their original stuff, mainly COTD, I certainly dont run a multi million dollar company and can't tell them how to of course, but i really hope they give me something new to buy soon, I'm old, I got maybe 10 or 12 more years of collecting and then I'll be near retirement age and probably stop buying statues since my daughter has zero interest in them
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:07 AM   #493
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Sideshow doesn't read these forums, they used to have a thread where they replied if I remember correctly but those days are long gone. Their decisions aren't based on our discussions so no need to worry about that
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 10:39 AM   #494
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I do remember the days where SSAlex or Igo would stop by a thread or two. I remember when I got narced on by Susan for guessing Reward Codes during a Spooktacular livestream… LOL

Ahh, memories.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 11:55 AM   #495
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Like a lot of people on here I'm disappointed that 12 days was cancelled, my only hope now is Sideshow is gearing up for a great spring/summer with a great SDCC 2023, seems 2022 was a Star Wars heavy year,
It will probably still be Star Wars heavy for a while, it's what selling the most right now so they will ride that gravy train. Other things will still be in between as they always have tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I?m betting they will have drop reveals here and there throughout the winter and spring. At this point, I?ll only be getting two statues in 2023 - Ghost Spider and TH Harley (1/6). Lightest year ever for me collecting-wise. Not a lot of excitement on the horizon for me.
That's my hope to, that the next month or two they will be showing one new thing a week on PO. If not definitely going to be saving more money then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
But that's not what people were asking for, they were hoping for a return of awesome reveals, even if they were just a drawing or silhouette of a statue coming in the future, but were not hopeful this would happen based off the last few years, I'm not a big fan of Prime 1 statue choices, but I really like their showcases
Ya i'll say P1 showcases are awesome even if i don't buy anything from them. Tho sideshow usually tries to put stuff up for PO within the first few months of the year. P1 I think takes longer

Will see what sideshow does, they may feel whatever they do is not good enough, but they do have long time collectors have put alot of money in there stuff. Should still do something even if it only pleases half the crowd.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 12:54 PM   #496
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

It seems like most companies know how to get their customers excited.

Tweeterhead does monthly newsletters
XM does consistent online reveals and reveals in their store
Prime 1 does their online showcases
Iron Studios consistently drops product on social media
PCS drops teases on social media and has even started posted info here

Sideshow used to be decent, with SDCC, NYCC, Spook and 12 Days to look forward to. These events have really, really slipped over the last few years.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 11:03 AM   #497
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I know it wasn't a SS product specific but they did put up a TMNT PCS and a P1 product up for PO, so it could be the start of the new year PO's but its going to be a variety for each coming Thursday, anywhere from PCS, P1, Tweeterhead and maybe sideshow in between.

But between new china covid lockdowns and CNY coming, delays will be inevitable. Hopefully they can still pull off reveals as these may only delay things hopefully only like a month or two and not 5-6 months.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote