Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-21-2022, 07:03 PM   #21
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

It should be horror or ghost related, COTD etc... but most like something from the big 3 or nothing, I expect only lameness from mainstream show, but always hope I'm wrong
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 07:36 PM   #22
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Two variants I'd love to see are a Captain Hydra Variant for any of the Captain America premium formats and A Spider-Man and Black Cat Variant to the Spidey and MJ Maquette.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:05 PM   #23
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the two variants that were the most different from the previous releases that i can remember were the xforce deadpool (color swap including pouches and different hands holding swords) and the symbiote spidey pf (different eyes, added suit texture, repositioned hand)
Not sure about the xforce deadpool, but wasn't the symbiote spidey available from the start? I thought this was (and I was) referencing variants that come out some time later, like they were withheld, or SS changed their mind later, to make more money.

Aside from that, yeah, that spidey was a good effort put into the variant. That's why I bought that one. The whole costume being gone over to make it more veiny/textured compared to the classic suit was impressive.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:56 PM   #24
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Captain Hydra
Reverse Flash
"My Size" Galactus
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 10:58 PM   #25
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Not sure about the xforce deadpool, but wasn't the symbiote spidey available from the start? I thought this was (and I was) referencing variants that come out some time later, like they were withheld, or SS changed their mind later, to make more money.

Aside from that, yeah, that spidey was a good effort put into the variant. That's why I bought that one. The whole costume being gone over to make it more veiny/textured compared to the classic suit was impressive.
No the reworked Symbiote Spidey was available months after the original red/blue was available.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 12:49 AM   #26
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
It should be horror or ghost related, COTD etc... but most like something from the big 3 or nothing, I expect only lameness from mainstream show, but always hope I'm wrong
do you ever get the feeling that someone higher up has stopped listening...

but your persistence is inspiring
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:24 AM   #27
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
No the reworked Symbiote Spidey was available months after the original red/blue was available.
I honestly don't remember, but you're saying that it went up for PO a few months after the classic? So it was still long before the classic was released?

I'm only curious about the timing because I always choose the black suit Spidey variant over classic if one is available, and I don't even remember considering the classic version of the statue we're talking about. We must have been made aware of it somewhat early on...? Or I must have taken a gamble that one would be coming...? Don't remember...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:38 AM   #28
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I honestly don't remember, but you're saying that it went up for PO a few months after the classic? So it was still long before the classic was released?

I'm only curious about the timing because I always choose the black suit Spidey variant over classic if one is available, and I don't even remember considering the classic version of the statue we're talking about. We must have been made aware of it somewhat early on...? Or I must have taken a gamble that one would be coming...? Don't remember...
Haha let me check.

The classic was up for preorder 5/21/2015
http://marveltoynews.com/sideshow-pr...os-order-info/

The symbiote variant was up for preorder around August 2015.
http://marveltoynews.com/sideshow-pr...der-man-order/

So only a few months after the classic was up for pre-order was the symbiote announced. (I think they teased it first in a video).
Here it is
"In fact, before ol’ classic red-and-blue Spidey even went up for order, an image had already leaked out of a Black Costume Spider-Man Premium Format statue. " according to the article.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:06 AM   #29
Peedi
The Secret Six

For me, even though I doubt there’s a real rule or distinction, I distinguish between “limited variants” and “regular variants”

These are the limited variants I have owned:
White Storm, Modern Batgirl, X-Force Psylocke, Shadowland Daredevil, Halo Blue Spartan

Things they have in common:
- all 150 ES or less
- they were all (or at least mostly) released the year after the original was stocked or later. Typically when the original is waitlisted, sold out or nearly sold out.
- None have newly sculpted elements. Any parts that are different from the original versions are existing parts (Psylocke’s portrait) or swapped parts (Daredevil’s exclusive face/regular mask)
- the bodies are straight forward repaints
- outside of the Spartan which was announced the rest were surprise releases during events

These limited variants seem to be different than the “regular” variants like X-Force Deadpool, Symbiote Spidey, OG Green Poison Ivy, etc, which have higher ES, may get newly sculpted parts, and usually aren’t surprise drops.

There are exceptions like the Aspen variant so I’m not saying a black Storm won’t happen this year, but based on history we have a real idea of what’s likely and what’s not likely.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 06:49 AM   #30
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Haha let me check.

The classic was up for preorder 5/21/2015
http://marveltoynews.com/sideshow-pr...os-order-info/

The symbiote variant was up for preorder around August 2015.
http://marveltoynews.com/sideshow-pr...der-man-order/

So only a few months after the classic was up for pre-order was the symbiote announced. (I think they teased it first in a video).
Here it is
"In fact, before ol? classic red-and-blue Spidey even went up for order, an image had already leaked out of a Black Costume Spider-Man Premium Format statue. " according to the article.

Yea, that's how I remember it. The classic and the variant were not announced at the same time. Good thing too cause that allowed me to get both. Staggering both made it easier.

I remember getting the classic Spidey first. Then a few months later getting the symbiote Spidey second.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote