Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #91
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Let me put it this way. Sellers produce the number of statues they think they can safely sell. That is why some have ES of 100 and others have 5000. Rarely does someone offer statues that have a huge amount of interest with a low ES. Count on most people who want a statue already owning it before it sells out. This is why many go down in value after release.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #92
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

when you buy something out of 100ES ,then you have something that only 100 people have,when you release more then that exclusive part is gone.People pay a premium for a very limited product.Releasing more removes that part.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #93
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I feel like I'm banging my head against the wall here

Take the first Medusa. It was $600 and supposed to have an ES of 300 I think. People screamed about the price and he sold whatever he sold. and then it was done and on ebay it started going over $1K and he released the Rattlesnake version and people screamed bloody murder. I think Arahom was still posting himself back then and he said something to the effect of "Guys, I didn't sell anywhere near 300 of the original so I am still under what I said but now with demand I am releasing some more of the ES but I wanted it to be a little different to maintain the exclusivity of those who supported me first and not release the exact same thing" and people still complained "Yeah but I bought on ebay for $1200 on the assumption that no more would be made so you are screwing me".

I have a Barbarian and it was on sale for a very long time and sold only 80. Not 800. 80. So now when any are up for sale on ebay they want $2500. So if he releases a kit (original ES was supposed to be in the 1000 range they were hoping) are they screwing the original guys? I don't think so.

For those who are worried about it the solution seems pretty simple to me. Why don't you sell your statues now while the price is high and either buy a kit and have it painted and pocket the difference or just wait until the kits are in the market and then buy the same statue back on ebay and pocket the difference. You will still have the same statue and have more money in your pocket if your theory of how it works holds true so it is a win-win
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #94
adee
Green Arrow

If they didn't sell 300 of that ES and wanted to fulfill that ES with another run then no harm no foul.

If the set ES was already accounted for and now they are making additional pieces to the original ES I think people would have a legitimate gripe.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #95
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
If they didn't sell 300 of that ES and wanted to fulfill that ES with another run then no harm no foul.

If the set ES was already accounted for and now they are making additional pieces to the original ES I think people would have a legitimate gripe.
If anyone wants to gripe, it should be the people who bought the sold out Arkhalla Forever only to have them produce more with a minor paint difference.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #96
adee
Green Arrow

Like I said earlier, make Medusa Curse of Beauty as a kit and I'm in

To the guy who paid 1500 for one I guess them's the breaks?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:30 PM   #97
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Hey guys I have had a few requests for extra arms or weapons and what not that either have been broke or just wanting extra things to customize. This is totally something I can provide as well.

If anyone has a broken part of a statue I could replace it. If you want it repainted to match your kit that may be possible as well. I have access to look at the factory paint jobs of almost every kit ARH has put on the market and match the paint job as close as possible.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:48 AM   #98
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
Hey guys I have had a few requests for extra arms or weapons and what not that either have been broke or just wanting extra things to customize. This is totally something I can provide as well.

If anyone has a broken part of a statue I could replace it. If you want it repainted to match your kit that may be possible as well. I have access to look at the factory paint jobs of almost every kit ARH has put on the market and match the paint job as close as possible.
I’m definitely interested in this as well !
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:37 AM   #99
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post

Thanks Arkalogik for considering some of my requests, your castings will make my projects a lot easier to customize.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:08 AM   #100
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I will be willing to buy the EX head and axe from Conan the Sacrifice.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote