Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Shadow of War

I wasn't going to buy anything for the rest of the year but I've been working so hard I need to treat myself. There are a few games (and books) I was looking into but I've decided to go with this game.

I know there is controversy around the DLC for the dev member who passed away. There is controversy around the micro transactions. But I don't really care. Huge fan of the first one and this looks like the same thing just way better.

After watching just a couple videos to wet the appetite but not spoil anything, I am very excited! Anyone else plan on getting this game?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
MrYac
Hercules

only 2 games I was planning on getting all year were South Park and Shadow of War, neither plan has changed despite both getting awful delays all year
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
MrJones

Both look great. And when it comes to video games, I am always fine with delays. It sucks sometimes but if in the long run it means a better game, I can be patient.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

Need to look into that one. Been playing Fallout 4 forever.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
Y3E
Gen 13

Can't wait for this game too. Liked the 1st one so much on the PS4 bought it for the PS3 too.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
MrJones

I officially put down my pre-order for the Gold edition. Gotta get me that DLC and pre-order bonus!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #7
Y3E
Gen 13

I started to play this last night and nothing earth shattering, much like the first one but definitely more Orc captains. Everywhere I go some capt wants to kick my @ss.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #8
MrJones

I've put a solid few hours into it - haven't even gotten to the point where I can recruit for my army yet but I am really enjoying it. I agree it's much like the first... just a bit bigger and better. And really, that's all I wanted. At least right now I'm pretty hooked. Have just been spending time doing the side missions to get my skill points up.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
Y3E
Gen 13

Yeah, I've been doing the same, building up skill points. Have you killed a lot of Captains? I don't know if it's just me but do you have some Captains who escape instead of dying and you know you pressed the right button and on time? I've had a few that I had to fight 3 times or more before actually killing them.

Anyways, finally finished the 1st area and opened up another but I am going to stay in the first area to complete it more
Old 10-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
MrJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Yeah, I've been doing the same, building up skill points. Have you killed a lot of Captains? I don't know if it's just me but do you have some Captains who escape instead of dying and you know you pressed the right button and on time? I've had a few that I had to fight 3 times or more before actually killing them.

Anyways, finally finished the 1st area and opened up another but I am going to stay in the first area to complete it more
I've had a couple Captains flee but I hunted them down and killed them. But I do know that sometimes their "skill" is to escape death only to return later so maybe you have been running into a lot of that.

I did that epic arena battle and kept getting ambushed during the battle. Not sure if it was part of the story or if it was just my luck but I had to go through 4-5 Captains - one of which was a Nemesis in order to beat that mission, it was very difficult but also very epic at the same time.