Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-11-2022, 05:39 PM   #301
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Yeah, it would've been nice to have a Kenobi trilogy, especially in this current barren landscape for Star Wars films. Looks like the Taika Waititi film will be the next one, but Taika said he's still working on the story and he's busy with other stuff till next year, so we're likely looking at a late 2024 release at the earliest.
Oh no, with him involved we can expect a comedy?
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:15 PM   #302
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
This is the film we all deserved. I watched it yesterday and is it's awesome, especially the ending.
is this available to watch anywhere? i couldnt find it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:47 PM   #303
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Disney stepped in and shut it down it seems.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:48 PM   #304
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
The direct link still works, and it allows downloading too I just downloaded it onto my computer (the quality isnt great just a heads up, bit he did add duel of the fates music during the final battle so points for that)

the variety article links to the guys page, and the link from the guys page to the movie is below:

https://app.frame.io/presentations/e...6-3590c03c12a3

hopefully that works, enjoy!

EDIT - above link no longer works, im glad I downloaded it before!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 05:23 PM   #305
ukshaun
Hercules

Today i completed watching Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)
It was ok.. i preferred The Mandalorian

Admittedly i am no fan of Ewan McGregor, but decided to to give Obi-Wan Kenobia a chance, and not judge it too harshly.
Sure enough, Obi-Wan Kenobi's voice put me off slightly.

Like The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi failed to feature any stand out music, other than The Imperial March, which plays during Ep6

I found myself questioning why Ben's lightsaber emitted as much dark blue light as it did?

I was quite appalled at some of the green screen work, which looked completely fake.

One aspect that bothered me quite a bit was the use of non still camera work. While it suits some movies, it does not look very Star Wars. I think they should have moved the cameras like they did during A New Hope and Empire

(without Goggling) i presume Ben rode a real Camel that had had it's head replaced using CGI?

Darth Vader's green lights on his belt, caught my attention like they never have in the past.

Episode 2 - the location felt somewhat Blade Runner inspired.

The movements of the CGI space-craft looked questionable at times.

The guy who play's Luke's uncle was excellent.

Inquisitor Reva, i was never quite sold on her performance.

The actor who plays a young Luke could have been better cast using someone who looks more like a young Mark Hamill

I'll stop here.
I am happy i watched it. Would i watch it a second time? hell no.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:44 PM   #306
qz33
Rescue

Sounds like they did a good job!
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...r-torn-ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm going to say this right now, and I haven't looked up anything regarding casting per episodes as I try to stay spoiler free. Thus, you guys may know something I do not. And overall I can deal with a lot of head scratchng things or oversights on the who-knows-who-when/how thing.

BUT if Vader speaks (while in the suit) and that voice is not JEJ - heads will roll. I will lead the torch and pitchfork charge. I will give leniency to him speaking outside of the enclosed suit, but they best not dare change the holy grail of SW voices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
The voice was better than Rogue One. Seemed close to his ESB/ ROTJ voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
They used A.I. and samples of Val Kilmer's voice in Top Gun: Maverick. The technology is there.

James Earl Jones just needs to agree to have them do that with his voice for future films and/or series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think it could likely be James Earl Jones or if they had the foresight an A.I. approximation crafted from pre-recorded samples. He'd probably be down for it especially at his age I doubt he would be looking to charge a premium.

He already didn't sound on point for Rogue One. Though no one other than Ben Burtt had ever mixed Vader's voice before Rogue One and Mr. Burtt is recognized for having far superior aural talents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Disney just needs to have JEJ record anything they might have Vader say in anything ever again. The man is 91. We aint got time to take chances. People always think of Morgan Freeman when they talk about narration of the afterlife, I think JEJ. If Lion King didn't burn into your soul as a child, did you really even live and learn about love and our place in the universe?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 10:22 AM   #307
Python
Omega Red

Three episodes in to Andor, and I can't help but think what could have been if they had put the same kind of well written, well acted characters and convincing props and effects etc into this show also.

On Reflection, Kenobi was really quite poor. I don't enjoy saying that either as that show had the potential to be the best of the bunch.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote