Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #171
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Exactly. I canceled my order because they don't have straight answers, no legit website and I question the quality of the end result. You shouldn't have to get your answers from a Facebook message. If you're going to make half a million dollars off one bust, create a clear funnel of information. I was willing to overlook it due to a low ES but at this point I'm safer backing out of my Pre-order.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 11:56 AM   #172
qz33
Doctor Doom

Very good call. Very very rarely in this hobby are things actually too good to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Exactly. I canceled my order because they don't have straight answers, no legit website and I question the quality of the end result. You shouldn't have to get your answers from a Facebook message. If you're going to make half a million dollars off one bust, create a clear funnel of information. I was willing to overlook it due to a low ES but at this point I'm safer backing out of my Pre-order.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:19 PM   #173
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Very good call. Very very rarely in this hobby are things actually too good to be true.
I don't understand why this price point is being called "too good to be true" when there's no silicone being used.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 01:54 PM   #174
qz33
Doctor Doom

NOTHING about silicone. People get so caught up in current releases.

It is the size and complexity. You're in this hobby long enough and you get a sense of how much buys what.

Look at the Vision Bust and what it was priced at what 2 years ago?
Now you're telling me a whole half torso, big base with multiple color apps, lights!, sounds! full arms, mixed media, and an intricate camera can be had for just a few hundred more than back then?

Cinemaquette has had some of the best most affordable busts of the hobby and I own a few. Just a regular bust would be this price. Heck their Pennywise is for sale right now for $1980, which is higher than original retail and it is not half what this Joker bust is.

B.S. till it ain't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't understand why this price point is being called "too good to be true" when there's no silicone being used.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:14 PM   #175
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I have to agree, it would defo be too good to be true if it were only 99 ES. Now the ES was increased in such a botched way it does seem fishy
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:16 PM   #176
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
NOTHING about silicone. People get so caught up in current releases.
And that's the rub.

I was aware of busts early on- mostly the SW and DC ones from SSC.
But I never really entertained the idea of owning or displaying one until the hyper real silicone ones started showing up. Once life-like Gal Gadot WW's started being produced, that's when busts arrived (only as far as my own feelings about them).

The point is- It's the silicone ones that have brought more attention and enthusiasm to this niche (busts) in the last three-four years. The prices there have skewed perception of this area for anyone new to it, like myself.

Obviously anyone collecting non silicone ones prior, are going to be more tuned in to what pricing has been historically for anything that is primarily polystone and PVC/ABS/whatever + cut and sew elements.

And that suddenly seems like a bargain, even if it's more in line with what it's always been.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:35 PM   #177
nearmint
Phoenix

Appears to be waitlisted again at Spec. They've also changed the edition size from 99 to "288 Worldwide".
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:09 PM   #178
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Sounds like a bunch of regretters over here. Wait til this comes out- it’s an amazing display.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:21 PM   #179
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Sounds like a bunch of regretters over here. Wait til this comes out- it?s an amazing display.
Fingers crossed.

But most of the naysayers are only those who truly care about edition size.

Anything below 500 is low in my opinion, and especially at this relatively low price point.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:52 PM   #180
qz33
Doctor Doom

No outcome would tickle me more than for this to come out exactly as desired. I do not participate in this hobby for the disappointments. I want to be elated. Will be proud to be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Sounds like a bunch of regretters over here. Wait til this comes out- it?s an amazing display.