Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #11
ukshaun
Hercules

Queen should take a leaf out of HMO's book, and make use of eye's that insert from the rear, rather than relying on factory painters to paint eye's on par with the proto.
With Alita, the eye's are so so important.

Looking at the Queen studio's pictures, i am not sold on the demin trousers, as the fabric pattern looks out of scale.
Hair sculpt looks less than impressive. If ever there was a piece that should feature real hair, it is Alita.
Who knows, maybe JND will offer something in the future.
I am also surprised Hot Toys switched from real hair to sculpted hair when it came to their 1/6th scale figure.

On a more positive note, the base looks good
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:17 PM   #12
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Queen should take a leaf out of HMO's book, and make use of eye's that insert from the rear, rather than relying on factory painters to paint eye's on par with the proto.

Looking at the Queen studio's pictures, i am not sold on the demin trousers, as the fabric pattern looks out of scale.
Hair sculpt looks less than impressive. If ever there was a piece that should feature real hair, it is Alita.
I am also surprised Hot Toys switched from real hair to sculpted hair when it came to their 1/6th scale figure.

I agree on the clothing. Considering the relative simplicity of the clothing style, it would have made more sense to go fully sculpted. I mean, it's a pullover and jeans....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:33 PM   #13
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Now I've compared it to the movie, the white collar is way too big and it should look like a t-shirt, not what we'd call a jumper (I know some countries don't call it that). Bottom line is that the clothes look like hot toys

Click image for larger version

Name:	20th-century-fox-2019-previews-aba_110_unw_0680_v0690.87450_rgb-2000.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	153584
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 05:38 PM   #14
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

I myself prefer when Hot Toys goes sculpted hair. I have near to a hundred of them, and most of the rooted hair pieces look.... well, not up to par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Now I've compared it to the movie, the white collar is way too big and it should look like a t-shirt, not what we'd call a jumper (I know some countries don't call it that). Bottom line is that the clothes look like hot toys

Attachment 153584
Unfortunately, whenever you go fabric for smaller scales that is nearly always a problem (see Hot Toys, or even worse offenders are those newer Star Trek figures).

Heck even with sculpted it can be an issue, as until very recently imo most studios haven't been able to produce sculpts with the necessary fine and tiny details needed for fabric.

(And I also refer to it as a jumper).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:46 PM   #15
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

This is a must for me. I'm in.

For all the criticism, this is still much better looking portrait than either the Prime 1 statues.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 03:28 AM   #16
ukshaun
Hercules

The Demin trousers should be made from thinner Demin, be slightly looser. By using thinner Demin, it should allow for more folds, creases.
At the moment the Demin fabric appears to look 1/1 scale
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:04 AM   #17
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I agree on the clothing. Considering the relative simplicity of the clothing style, it would have made more sense to go fully sculpted. I mean, it's a pullover and jeans....
Full sculpted would have made more sense and then it would have been really really difficult for me not to buy the statue.
I've been waiting for this exact statue to put next to the Prime 1 Alita.
Such a pity. Pass for me
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:15 AM   #18
generalszabo

Of course, they could be using clothes as they are removable with a full doll body underneath - which would up the price but I would like
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:58 AM   #19
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
The Demin trousers should be made from thinner Demin, be slightly looser. By using thinner Demin, it should allow for more folds, creases.
At the moment the Demin fabric appears to look 1/1 scale
This sort of statement could apply to pretty much any piece released that utilises full fabric clothes on scaled pieces, be it figures or statues; as the majority of them usually have this kind of issue.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 07:06 AM   #20
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
This is a must for me. I'm in.

For all the criticism, this is still much better looking portrait than either the Prime 1 statues.
That's subjective, the P1 is a very good piece, queen's nose looks inaccurate to me if you look at how it should be

Name:	MV5BMDgyNDljNmQtYWI3YS00NjY1LTgyOTMtN2Y2MTcyNTNkMzIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQWtlbGFyc2Vu._V1_.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	153618

Name:	0694929.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	153619

Name:	intro-1620828614.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	64.0 KB