Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 PM   #6481
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Still no closure on the DC classic PF line, even just for the Big 7.

Shame Sideshow, SHAME!
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 AM   #6482
Obi-Wan Kenobi
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Hi Alex,

Please, tell us if the indiana jones license is dead at Sideshow or not?

And please, Indiana Jones Legendary Scale Figure is always on the road or not?

thanks.
Obi-Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #6483
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
Dear Alex,

How about a new fully sculpted Doctor Doom PF in near future? What say you?
I can take a wild guess that we'll probably revisit Doctor Doom in PF form again in the future (perhaps even fully sculpted) but in the end I don't have a definitive yes or no answer for this guy at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Any plans to continue the comic GOTG line (at least a Drax and star lord) to wrap things up
No Drax or Star Lord that I'm aware of at this point in time. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Hi Alex!

Any chance that we will get a new Cyclops to go along with Wolverine and Magneto? I NEED Astonishing/Modern Cyc!

Thanks!
I'm not aware of a Cyclops being in the works but I'd take a guess that we might revisit this character at some point in the future too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raas Kaaz View Post
C'mon Alex, Im sure the man in the chair is involved for this statement somehow and not blaming you for that...but that is just a lame excuse with no truth behind it. The to small armor has nothing to do with the pose and is simply a design mistake that Sideshow dont want to invest to fix.
Just passing along the explanation to y'all that was given to me. Sorry it wasn't the answer being sought. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSAlex can you confirm what those adjustments were? and if the images that were taken that are up on the order page of the Trooper, taken before or after the adjustments being made?
because everything still looks to be the same as seen at SDCC.
i think i can speak for everyone who has an issue with how the armor is now when i say, can you PLEASE tell whoever it is in charge for this trooper to make the proper adjustments to the armor.
after all SS does do this from time to time, and for the better. for example, the first superman poritat. that was scrapped and a new one was made. for the better mind you. this situation shouldn't be any different. becasue this is most definitely one of those times where things need to be fixed.

forearm and upper arm pieces need to be a bit longer towards the elbows. lower leg and thigh amror needs to be a bit longer towards the knees, and the collar on the chest armor needs to be raised up more towards the neck.

PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING SS TO FIX THIS....

example in the image below, how it is now on the left, how it should be on the right.
The leg armor and blaster are areas that received adjustment post SDCC. Pictures on the site are also of the adjusted Stormtrooper. Thanks for passing along suggestions though! I'll get them passed along to the appropriate parties for consideration (no promises of course given this piece has been finalized for several months and started the manufacturing processes already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter83 View Post
Hello,will you do Princess Leia half-naked taken from the movie THE RETURN OF JEDI always Hot Toys? After the bust from Black Heart Enterprise of the Universal Monsters,will be relesaed Premium Format a tomorrow of this charatcers?Thanks.
If you're asking about a possible Slave Leia Figure from Hot Toys...I'm unable to answer such a question since myself and everyone else at Sideshow is not privy to what they have coming down the pipeline.

As for your second question, if you're asking if Black Heart will be making PFs of Universal Monsters...that is another question I'm unable to answer as, just like Hot Toys, Sideshow is not given such information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Alex,

Lots of folks have asked for the added spikes to be removable on the upcoming Magneto Maquette. Is this something you can suggest to the production team to give folks multiple display options? It is a Maquette, after all, and should have added options since it is more complex :-)
I don't know the final breakdown this piece will have for shipping purposes (it's a little too early to know since the piece is so new), so I'm unable to confirm at this time if some or all of the spikes will be removable. I'll know that information closer to the time when it starts shipping, so if folks want to ask this question again later please do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger176 View Post
Hi Alex,

Just wanted to know if there are any more Heavy Metal characters in the pipeline already or will that happen based on the sales for the Taarna PF? Still on the fence for this character.

Thanks again for your time.
Taarna is the only Heavy Metal character in the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
Are there still plans to produce the Court of the Dead in a smaller scale?
Like the smaller pieces revealed at SDCC last year? Those are still in the works but I don't have any further info at this time as to when they would be released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, I remember it being mentioned in a Sideshow live video, that the Batman Legendary scale figure, it may be possible to pull the cape over the arms and hands as to have a more ominous look. Is this a feature that will be possible? Thanks!
The cape can very much drape forward over the shoulders/arms/hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Hey Alex -- has Sideshow ever thought of doing "How To Videos" for the posing of capes (ala Superman, Batman, Magneto) and for accessories (new Wonder Woman's lasso)? That would be a nice help to collectors.

Thanks!
This is on our dream list of videos for the future! Great suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Jeffries View Post
Hey Alex- Just wondering if the if the shield/sword is removable. on the New Wonder Women PF ? ( She looks great, BTW.)
They will be removable. But note that there will be a key hole somewhere on the back of the piece (I'll how big and the location of the key hole closer to when this item is actually shipping) for those pieces to be placed on and off the PF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Hi Alex, regarding the shield and the sword , do you know in which material will it be made ? Sculpted, diecast, plastic or pvc ?
Too soon to have an answer as the piece is pretty new in the manufacturing stage. The final materials chosen will be something that will give longevity and stability to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Hi Alex, do you know if the new Wonder Woman PF is dating anyone, and if not, can I get her number?
I think she's already seeing someone else sorry to say. She's not much of a conversationalist nor moves around at all, so not sure if you're really seeking a medusified type lady or not. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviemonster View Post
Will Sideshow be making an IT Pennywise statue/PF?
Not something that we'll be adding to our wheelhouse at this time. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Alex can you confirm if Wonder Woman's shield will be removable or not, thanks.
Please see my answer above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetMad View Post
Alex could you please clarify the justification for changing Magneto from your previous listed premium format tag to the current Maquette tag? Currently it just looks like a money grab for a lot of us collectors. I understand that adjustments were made to make it better, but that in no way justifies changing the type of category it is and charging it so high. The piece was not made bigger based on the adjusted changes. They were simply parts worked on that were already there. I would love to hear a reason how Sideshow justifies its ok to change it to Maquette and charge it that high? Thanks
Sorry if my past answers to this question were missed previously, but to reiterate...Magneto should have been branded a Maquette from the get go and as such was updated accordingly later on. The piece simply breaks out of the mold of most Premium Format Figures (his complexity is larger/more involved than the majority of other Premium Format Figure offerings).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hi Alex, one additional followup question on Taarna. Any chance her lip color could be changed to red to match the movie? Or was it already tried and didn't translate well on this statue?
I'll certainly pass along the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I know it may be early to ask Sideshow but can you guys please makes the metal claws look as good as XMs weapon X statue for the upcoming wolverine PF. These look stunning your new Wolverine is a deserving piece for this :
Like other folks suggestions for other pieces mentioned above, I'll of course pass along this one too to the right folks! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Hi Alex,

Is the head of the new Superman removeable?
Though I don't have 100% confirmation on this (the piece is very early in the manufacturing process) more than likely the head would be removable to ensure safe shipment of piece to customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdavidf View Post
Hello Alex, shall i direct you to please look here http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=163343 and pass the message on to the powers that be.

Thanks
Thanks! Noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Hi Alex! Quick question regarding DD and Elektra PF - are we going to see them before SDCC? Cheers!
They would be seen before SDCC this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV426colonist View Post
Hi Alex!

I've never posted before. Thank you for what you do for us.

I do want to share some disappointment in that there won't be a classic Flash museum pose premium format figure. He has been my favorite character (what's your favorite character and do you have a favorite statue?) since I was a kid (and crisis on infinite earths/episodes of super friends).

I've had to watch my spending since premium formats are over $500 now but would have easily bought version. Any real chance demand would change those that make decisions for which characters to produce?

Other question related to this line is if zatanna is the last in the classic museum line being produced?

And my last question is that I am eagerly awaiting a preorder for J Scott Campbell's Alice statue. Do you know when there will be a preview or preorder for the statue?

Thank you again! Appreciate your time and answers.
I would like to suggest to you and others to wait and see how future DC Premium Format Figures will look. The newest Wonder Woman PF that seems to satisfy a lot classic and modern fans of the character, so it's very possible that the future Justice League team members may end up fitting right into collections of previously released DC PFs.

As for the Campbell Fairytale Fantasy line....Tinkerbell will be the next piece made available for Pre-Order (hopefully within the next few months) and then Alice will follow. I don't have an exact time frame for the Alice Pre-Order but currently I'd estimate it be sometime during the summer OR early fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi Alex,

I have a question regarding the new Superman PF. Is the cape material finalized, or will they be changing it in any way?

The only reason I ask is because I'd like to see a double layered cape, similar to what was done with the Darth Vader PF. I'm not sure how the other collectors feel about it, but in my opinion, the material used looks a bit lack luster.

I'd love to see a similar material used for the outer shell on the Vader PF, as well as the satin inner layer.

I think a double layered cape will add more richness to an overall excellent piece.

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly at this stage such a change would be pretty difficult as all material would have been sourced/purchased and the process of having them created would already be rolling along. Sorry.

I'll of course pass along the suggestion to the right folks though just in case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hello alex please forgive me if this has been asked recently and i missed it but are there additional MOTU characters in the works? if so any chance we will see any before or at sdcc? thanks!
I know are more in the pipeline with one POSSIBLY ready to show off during the summer sometime. No guarantees though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, aside from Star Wars, Marvel, and DC, are there characters from other properties being considered for Legendary Scale? Thanks!! =)
Not at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Hi Alex, will the Superman & Wonder Woman PF prototypes be on display at Monsterpalooza?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I received an update recently in regards to shows that Sideshow will have a bigger presence at and sadly we will not have a booth at Monsterpalooza this year. There will be several of our artists there on display to show off their own work though. The next show in which Sideshow will have a bigger presence will be SDCC and more than likely Wonder Woman and Superman would be on display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
A lot of collectors are disappointed by the “straight line” hairline on the Black Widow EX long-haired Head. Is there any chance at all for this to be tweaked? It’s a minor detail that’s a big deal to a lot of fans, and doesn’t seem like it would be problematic to fix.
The pictures seem to be causing a strange illusion on this piece and that head as her hairline is not a straight line. It definitely has more definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Hey Alex,

do you know when we will see the Ellianastis CoTD painting by Dave Palumbo be released in art print?
I don't know if this will ever be released as an Art Print or not as this time. So sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Hi ALex,

I say we get next level with this... new Captain America PF should have a real metal shield! Whatcha think?

Can we expect the New Captain America PF to go up for order/preview before the end of the month? Also, how about Daredevil. When's Matt Murdock joining the party....

Thanks as always.
I don't know the final material breakdown for Captain America. Like what I said about above with Wonder Woman, the material chosen will be one that will keep the item safe during shipping and for a long lasting life.

Daredevil is 100% complete and will make his debut in the next couple of months!

Quote:
Another question. I know a lot of statue lines depend on success and sales to be continued/completed. (Confirmed on sideshow live).

Is there any chance that sideshow has plans or can plan to do complete lines from the go? Like "we will do 7 total avengers to fit in with this new line started with Black widow and Captain America!". Then the sales can determine ES size instead of if the line continues. I know that's a risk if an item totally tanks, but in my 5 years as a fan, I don't think I've seen an item that has totally been unsuccessful.

Just thinking out loud. Thanks Alex.
Yes, that does occur (i.e.: recent announcement of the six new DC Premium Format Figures for example) from time to time. But for the most part any new line will mostly be limited from the start either due to only having so much bandwidth to create X amount of products (overall...not just a single line) in a year (or years), only having so much bandwidth to create X amount before the license expires, and so on. So though some lines may continue beyond an initial offering, and yes that can depend on how a line does sales wise, there are other reasons why or why not a line would continue as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
Hey Alex,

When are we going to see what X-Men are coming next to pair with Wolverine and Magneto?
More X-Men are in the works now and should be revealed at some point this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Hey Alex:
The New Hulk,Iron Man,Thor PF are on the plan right?I mean the rest of the Avenger.
Those characters for sure will be revised in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Hi, I do not want to be picky here, but does someone really reply here? I have asked about the new Daredevil two weeks ago...
Sorry but as others have said my time to respond back is limited. More than likely I'll have a chance to answer once a month...possibly even several months will go by before I can answer. It just depends on my work load (which is incredibly busy) and personal life (also additionally busy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyvenom View Post
Any info on the new LSB of Venom?
It's currently being sculpted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Has the issue on the Carnage Premium format been addressed and fixed? Issues like the large movement or give the hand attachments have (loose) and also rusty pegs and foot base alignment?
Many issues with the piece were addressed. Should you find you receive a piece with issues, please do reach out to our customer service team directly and they'll help you out with replacement or refund needs. Thanks!

Quote:
202M dollar 3 day opening... can we get a new Black Panther Comic PF now?!?!

Please
Maybe one day in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Hi Alex, are there any plans to continue the Spider-Man line with any more villains or was Venom the last one? Thank You
I know more Spider-Man products are in the works at all various sizes but I really don't know what characters they will be at this time, whether they will find in with the last few that were released, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
Hi Alex,

Please, tell us if the indiana jones license is dead at Sideshow or not?

And please, Indiana Jones Legendary Scale Figure is always on the road or not?

thanks.
Sorry to say that there are no new Indiana Jones pieces in the pipeline. That Indiana Jones Legendary Scale Figure has been abandoned and will not be released.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:42 AM   #6484
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Hey Alex, thank you for answering our questions. I recall seeing on SS live a few weeks ago that you guys were working on a DC vs piece. When will you be making it official, announcing it, previewing it, displaying it, etc?

Also, I saw that the Iron Studios Black Panther 1/10 scale diorama is being carried by you guys. Is this an indicator that you guys will be carrying all their products regardless of scale? If not, what determines if you'll carry certain 1/10 or 1/6 products but not others?? (Batman v Bane, but not Superman v Doomsday; Black Panther diorama, but not Thor Ragnarok v Hulk or Spiderman dioramas, etc)
Bernie21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #6485
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hey Alex

Kind of a random question here.

How do you think Sideshow will deal with the nudity of a statue that they'll probably sell on the website? At the recent Wonderfest convention in Japan, Prime1 revealed a popular character from the Berserk franchise who was very well received by fans (Slan). But it's a female character whose design is based on being topless and completely bottomless (she has a mid riff vest on, and that's it).

I was just wondering, since this is a character from a line of statues SS sells on the website, will photographs of her be blurred or maybe even given a black censor box? Or would SS take their own photos that specifically angled all the nudity out? At the convention, Prime1 put single black feathers on her chest and crotch areas. But those feathers were noted as not being a part of the statue's accessories, and were only put there to hide the (frontal) nudity from the underage convention onlookers (her bare rear was still on full display).

Would SS just re-use any official display photo's Prime1 supplied them? Would SS edit said display photo's if they had nudity? Or would SS simply take their own photo's for their own website?

Just curious =)

Thanks!
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #6486
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Hi Alex, now that the edition size for the exclusive Danger Girl Abbey Chase is set, are there plans to produce the other Danger Girls?
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:49 PM   #6487
SONICobra
Bane

hello alex, i know this is not really your deparment but do you know if theres any chance- ANY, the lion-o statue will be reworked at all? the reception has not been great for this piece and as a thundercats fan myself and someone who was ready to support this line 100% the lion-o statue has me questioning even getting mumm-ra despite how fantastic he looks because i will be passing on the main hero

thats where a lot of people are unfortunately, is there any chance lion-o will be reworked for the sake of keeping people interested and saving the line?
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:08 PM   #6488
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Will the COTD Angels & Demons line be revealed this year, maybe SDCC ?

Thanks.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 01:53 AM   #6489
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hello alex, i know this is not really your deparment but do you know if theres any chance- ANY, the lion-o statue will be reworked at all? the reception has not been great for this piece and as a thundercats fan myself and someone who was ready to support this line 100% the lion-o statue has me questioning even getting mumm-ra despite how fantastic he looks because i will be passing on the main hero

thats where a lot of people are unfortunately, is there any chance lion-o will be reworked for the sake of keeping people interested and saving the line?
Well said. And seconded by so many of us, Alex.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #6490
Dark Knight.
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Well said. And seconded by so many of us, Alex.
Very well said. I want to fully support the line as well and Lion-O is the straw that stirs the drink.
Dark Knight. is offline   Reply With Quote