Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-23-2019, 07:30 AM   #1301
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Yes, I still have the pieces. I didn't want to throw them out before XM confirmed that it was sufficiently destroyed in their eyes. Just got notified today that my replacement should be arriving this Friday.

Looks like the rod extends all the way up to her boot top. With the section sticking out of the bottom, it's about a 10" metal rod.
Impressive and comforting engineering. Thanks for sharing
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #1302
ambasah
Red Skull

has anyone with damaged portraits (hair on mine) received notice about replacements yet? don't want to bug my guy until there is word that the new heads are being shipped...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #1303
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
has anyone with damaged portraits (hair on mine) received notice about replacements yet? don't want to bug my guy until there is word that the new heads are being shipped...
My major problem was the cracked tornado base although one of the portraits did have a little broken hair, which I told my seller. Initially I thought they would just send a replacement base and portrait. However, they've sent me a complete replacement statue which arrived on March 15th. Not sure if anyone else has received "less extensive" replacement parts such as a single portrait or two.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:52 PM   #1304
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Still waiting myself as well. I did ask and was told a few weeks away about two weeks back. Don’t know how long to expect though.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #1305
SDguy

Quote:
There is a guy selling his Storm on ebay that has received a replacement portrait, but it was the laughing one. I haven't seen anyone get a replacement of the other one yet. I am waiting too.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #1306
FJC
Midnighter

I missed out on this. I dragged my feet because I really don't like the Lee costume. I always wanted a black costume Storm (I don't care much for the sideshow PF but love that costume). Now the aftermarket prices are more than I want to spend on a Storm statue that doesn't represent my ideal version of the character.

If I could get the XM Storm's pose, body, and portraits with the classic Byrne costume I'd have my perfect Storm statue. My biggest regret on missing out on the XM Storm is her serious portrait. I honestly believe we will never see a more beautiful portrait of the character. It's flat out gorgeous and I fear we will never see a better looking Storm portrait on any possible future releases of the character. Regardless, congrats to all of you that scored Storm. She turned out great. I'm left with holding out hope that sideshow releases another black costume Storm PF and her portrait doesn't suck. This is probably the one and only time I wish XM did do variants.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #1307
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I missed out on this. I dragged my feet because I really don't like the Lee costume. I always wanted a black costume Storm (I don't care much for the sideshow PF but love that costume). Now the aftermarket prices are more than I want to spend on a Storm statue that doesn't represent my ideal version of the character.

If I could get the XM Storm's pose, body, and portraits with the classic Byrne costume I'd have my perfect Storm statue. My biggest regret on missing out on the XM Storm is her serious portrait. I honestly believe we will never see a more beautiful portrait of the character. It's flat out gorgeous and I fear we will never see a better looking Storm portrait on any possible future releases of the character. Regardless, congrats to all of you that scored Storm. She turned out great. I'm left with holding out hope that sideshow releases another black costume Storm PF and her portrait doesn't suck. This is probably the one and only time I wish XM did do variants.
Totally with you on this. I even have the OG Sideshow PF, and I still would have preferred the XM to be in her original black costume.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:51 PM   #1308
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Me three. But no way was I going to pass up the best version of the hideous suit out there. Even if it is the wrong F’in color.

I need to contact a painter to fix her hair. It’s too damn grey IMO.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:26 AM   #1309
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Can I see a picture of your preferred outfit? I always loved the white my self haha
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 AM   #1310
ambasah
Red Skull

these would do : )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	992aa10c7ff62d5d308969160bf178e0--storm-marvel-storm-xmen.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	122143   Click image for larger version

Name:	3049e103cb9d5b1d28bbe09a51b678aa.jpg