5. Neon Genesis Evangelion
6. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
7. Dragon Ball
8. Lone Wolf and Cub
9. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4, Diamond is Unbreakable
10. Fullmetal Alchemist

Honorable Mention:
- A Silent Voice
- At The Mountains of Madness (Manga Adaptation)
- Lady Snowblood
- My Lesbian Experince with Loneliness
- Knights of Sidonia
- Girls Last Tour
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:51 AM   #2
Davidian
Omega Flight

1. Hellsing
2. Berserk
3. Ghost In The Shell
4. Akira
5. Gantz
6. Blame!
7. Black Lagoon
8. Battle Vixens
9. High School of the Dead
10. Triage-X

Honorable mention:
- Alice in Borderland
- Hellbound
- Freezing
- Biomega
- Abara

Last edited by Davidian; 01-12-2023 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Abara!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:01 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

You seem to realy like your Vampire Hunters, Davidian. (: Asuming that is Bloodrayne on your profile picture.

I need to read Akira and Gantz. I watched both of their animes, but never read their mangas. I just wait for Gantz to be completed in Omnibus format to start to read. I also get Akira manga's Turkish editions, because i liked the cover and spine design alot better than American editions, but they took their sweet time to be printed...

Davidian, have you ever checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz ? the two other complete major Nihei works. I will start them soon as well. I only need 1 last vol. from each and they are on their way. As soon as they arrive, i will probably start to Knights of Sidonia. I grew up on a heavy diet of mecha animes. I really wonder Tsutomu Nihei's take on the Mecha Genre. I can't find the vols. of Biomega anywhere... I hope Biomega will be available again in the future.
Old 01-11-2023, 01:16 PM   #4
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You seem to realy like your Vampire Hunters, Davidian. (: Asuming that is Bloodrayne on your profile picture.

I need to read Akira and Gantz. I watched both of their animes, but never read their mangas. I just wait for Gantz to be completed in Omnibus format to start to read. I also get Akira manga's Turkish editions, because i liked the cover and spine design alot better than American editions, but they took their sweet time to be printed...

Davidian, have you ever checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz ? the two other complete major Nihei works. I will start them soon as well. I only need 1 last vol. from each and they are on their way. As soon as they arrive, i will probably start to Knights of Sidonia. I grew up on a heavy diet of mecha animes. I really wonder Tsutomu Nihei's take on the Mecha Genre. I can't find the vols. of Biomega anywhere... I hope Biomega will be available again in the future.

Yep, definitely dig vampire hunters, and you're correct, that is Bloodrayne in my profile pic (huge fan of the game and comics, but not so much of the movies).

Gantz is available in omnibus format (paperback with 3 volumes each), but I wish they went with omnibus format like they did with Hellsing and Berserk, but oh well.

I have not checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz, but since you mentioned it, I'll look into them. Only mecha related "anime" I sort of follow is Mobile Suit Gundam (have a HUGE collection of model kits that need built).

Have you checked Amazon for Biomega? That's where I got mine.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:07 PM   #5
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Yep, definitely dig vampire hunters, and you're correct, that is Bloodrayne in my profile pic (huge fan of the game and comics, but not so much of the movies).

Gantz is available in omnibus format (paperback with 3 volumes each), but I wish they went with omnibus format like they did with Hellsing and Berserk, but oh well.

I have not checked out Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz, but since you mentioned it, I'll look into them. Only mecha related "anime" I sort of follow is Mobile Suit Gundam (have a HUGE collection of model kits that need built).

Have you checked Amazon for Biomega? That's where I got mine.
I only played the game of Bloodrayne 24 years ago or something... It is a really an old franchise, but it might be revived anytime, you never know.

Hellsing and Berserk, hardcover oversized editions are called Deluxe Editions, Manga Omnibus Editions are soft cover and may be sometimes slightly oversized. It is not necessary for my manga to be hardcover, i just want my manga to be cheapest at price possible with a decent quality.

Well, since Blame! is one of your favorites and you like Biomega, i thought you would be interested with other works of Tsutomu Nihei, so i mentined Knights of Sidonia and Aposimz. There are also; Noise and Abara hardcovers, each of them is just one vol. and if you are interested with comics, there is also Wolverine: Snikt! by Tsutomu Nihei, it is pretty nice and connected with Blame!, somehow Wolverine teleports to the Blame! World and tries to survive there. I don't remember the details though, it has been nearly 20 years since i read it... I need to reread it.

All Biomega vols. are out stock on Amazon as well.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:01 PM   #6
Davidian
Omega Flight

I do have the Abara hardcover, thanks for reminding about that, it should go under an honorable mention as well actually.

Sucks to hear about the Biomega volumes being out of stock. Hopefully they'll be in stock again!
Old 01-12-2023, 06:17 AM   #7
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I also have the Abara HC but i haven't read it yet. Biomega will be back in stock in the futere for sure.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:30 PM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (any one)
Akira (I have the complete epic publ. run
Outlaw Star
Ghost In The Shell
Gyo - Death Stench Creeps
Black Jack
Astro Boy
Lone Wolf & Cub (I know .... but for some reason I consider it Manga)
Tokyo Ghoul
Attack On Titan
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 01:16 AM   #9
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

1. Dorohedoro
2. Vagabond
3. Berserk

Not sure on the rest but the top three are definites.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:22 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures (any one)
Akira (I have the complete epic publ. run
Outlaw Star
Ghost In The Shell
Gyo - Death Stench Creeps
Black Jack
Astro Boy
Lone Wolf & Cub (I know .... but for some reason I consider it Manga)
Tokyo Ghoul
Attack On Titan
Nice List ! I didn't know you were into manga Protector, cool. (: Is there somekind of doubt about Lone Wolf and Cub being a manga ?

I ordered Tokyo Ghoul box set two weeks ago, it is on its way. (: