Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

View Poll Results: What do you think of this FS of Annihilus?
The statue looks amazing. Two thumps up! 4 66.67%
The statue is OK but I like the Mini-Bust better. 0 0%
I wish BD would release a new FS of Annihilus since I do not like this statue very much. 0 0%
I do not care for a MB or FS of Annihilus since the character does not interest me. 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #11
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Cool looking piece, and nice write-up!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Risingstar,

thanks for checking out this review and for your open and honest advice; I appreciate it!
I see your point and have been thinking already of ways to use less text in my reviews without losing my own style.
I am to be honest still struggling with it since on one hand I would like my reviews to be more compact whereas on the other hand I like to add quotes, lyrics, background info etc. in an effort to make the review more fun to read but also to make the character and the statue 'come alive', if you know what I mean?
I do not think it would work for me if I would only provide the reader with a short overview of my scores but I also fully agree with you that 2,500 words might be a bit too much to read through.

I promise I will do my utmost best to make my next review a bit more compact while still giving it my personal touch.

Thanks!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Nice set of pics!

If I may give you one piece of advice... The review could be less wordy. This review is over 2500 words. That comes out to about 6 pages single spaced. While that's not to say what you have to share is uninteresting. It's just that it's a lot of reading and writing.

Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #13
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Thanks for checking out this thread guys; I appreciate it!
I am considering a new type of review next in which not one but three mini busts are discussed in one and the same review so stay tuned for what's to come!

Rainer

Old 08-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Thanks for checking out this thread guys; I appreciate it!
I am considering a new type of review next in which not one but three mini busts are discussed in one and the same review so stay tuned for what's to come!

Rainer

I'll be looking forward to that! I love your reviews.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Risingstar,

thanks for checking out this review and for your open and honest advice; I appreciate it!
I see your point and have been thinking already of ways to use less text in my reviews without losing my own style.
I am to be honest still struggling with it since on one hand I would like my reviews to be more compact whereas on the other hand I like to add quotes, lyrics, background info etc. in an effort to make the review more fun to read but also to make the character and the statue 'come alive', if you know what I mean?
I do not think it would work for me if I would only provide the reader with a short overview of my scores but I also fully agree with you that 2,500 words might be a bit too much to read through.

I promise I will do my utmost best to make my next review a bit more compact while still giving it my personal touch.

Thanks!

Rainer

Hey bro..stay who you are..don't change a thing..If you enjoy being wordy, keep enjoying it. There are those who appreciate your time and effort. On the other hand, for those who want the short version...What you could do is summarize first adding bullet points, pros and cons.(space, space , space) Then follow that up with your traditional long explanation. Use that format every time and you'll satisfy everyone including yourself. Don't worry about feeling like you gave away the dessert before the dinner...The phycology of those that want to know why you rated a piece the way you did will always take the time to read. Others will read the short version and take your word for it.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #16
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I know this is an old review but as I was saying on another one I am new to the boards here and love going back and reading the older reviews. With that being said I agree with the old post from Dark Logic there, keep writing reviews how you like to. I posted in you other one of the Juggernaut mini bust and I thoroughly enjoy how much effort and pride you put into them. You inspire me to want to do some reviews (once I get a nice camera).

Onto this piece itself, I never paid any attention to this character until I started reading the latest Thanos saga by Jim Starling: The Infinity Relativity namely. I don't know if you have been reading but Annihilus gains the power and size of the Hulk and starts wreaking havoc. Which made me wonder who is this guy? Sure enough, Bowen has done a faithful statue of him. I love the base of this statue. The colours are unique as well which makes him stand out. I think the only improvement I would make is if they modeled him after the "Hulk" version because he is seriously savage! Obviously the statue came out before this comic... just saying it would be cool. But thanks for a great review!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:42 AM   #17
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Mr. Jones,
thank your for your kind words; I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed this review and are having fun with this great hobby of ours!
An Annihihulk would definitely be cool just as still hope Bowen Designs will one day give us a statue of Juggernaut as Kuurth, the Breaker of Stone or of 'Colossnaut: Colossus with the powers of The Juggernaut.
I believe Randy Bowen will let us know next year what he has got in store for us and I hope he will continue releasing great statues and busts like he has done so well before.

Thanks for the inspiring words; I hope to read one of your reviews in the near future!

Rainer