Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 06-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #51
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I just made this for the other forum, it seemed relevant to the discussion above, both are nice imo..

They both look outstanding! And they're incredible for what they are. One is a life size living and breathing bust, and one is a prop replica. Love em!!
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #52
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Decided to go with the brown version,the no shoulders doesn't bother me.The bases they are using reminds me of the Giger version from some years ago,and that always looked very classy and elegant to me
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #53
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Decided to go with the brown version,the no shoulders doesn't bother me.The bases they are using reminds me of the Giger version from some years ago,and that always looked very classy and elegant to me
What made you decide on the brown? Are you looking to buy the brown because it's a replica of the actual screen used prop or do you just prefer the look of it over the blue?
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #54
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I just prefer the brown to the blue version,its a little more vibrant and i kinda have mixed feelings about how the blue looks,and how it may look on production pieces.The fact that the brown was the screen prop wasn't really a factor in my decision
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #55
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Hi mate, sorry, only just saw this. In terms of actual lips, yes although I think we may be referring to different things when we say lips (I'm thinking of soething you can pucker up haha) And no, I'm not saying the Sideshow 1:1 was inaccurate at all, it's great in fact. They made a lot of different versions of the Warrior for the movie, suits, puppets, animatronics etc. And they varied in their appearance somewhat. None of them had actual lips, but the tendons and structure of the mouth area did vary quite a lot. The sideshow version almost stretches the tendons into a lip like structure that surrounds the mouth which is fine. I found at least one good example of this on a movie suit which I'll post below. However the majority of them had quite exposed mouths like that of the CP version. So both types are perfectly accurate compared to their screen used counterparts. I like them all but I do prefer this exposed look myself.

Thinking about it, the ones that feature more of a lip like structure (as with the SSC bust) May have had it added intentionally for exactly the reason you mentioned, pulling it back to reveal the teeth and create a bit of extra menace/tension. I can remember this happening a few times in the movie..

Exposed..

A clear surround..

great pics Matt

never really seen the non "lip" version before, was just going off memory from the film. it's cool these are still accurate though. Are you ordering one?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:02 PM   #56
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
great pics Matt

never really seen the non "lip" version before, was just going off memory from the film. it's cool these are still accurate though. Are you ordering one?
You're very welcome. I'd love too, but I have always favored the Big chap and Dog personally. And to be honest, I'm trying to save for a new house so I simply can't afford much of this stuff as it becomes increasingly expensive. I'm cutting right down, the new Star wars PF's included as the price to our doors is just crazy now. I was hoping these would be a fair bit cheaper than the P2 so I could grab them all. I'd love one of these, probably the brown version as I generally favour accuracy, but I think I'm going to have to be strong and pass. I'll likely get their Big chap though if they do a good job of it. If I had money, I'd buy this happily however, I like it. Are you getting any? They would fit right in with your display of larger items
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:20 AM   #57
paris
Fantastic Four

Brown version for me because i really don't like the blue color on CP warrior head ,its way better in SS warrior bust.

+ i like the fact i can display them in a much smaller space rather have all 3 alien in bust versions.
paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #58
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
You're very welcome. I'd love too, but I have always favored the Big chap and Dog personally. And to be honest, I'm trying to save for a new house so I simply can't afford much of this stuff as it becomes increasingly expensive. I'm cutting right down, the new Star wars PF's included as the price to our doors is just crazy now. I was hoping these would be a fair bit cheaper than the P2 so I could grab them all. I'd love one of these, probably the brown version as I generally favour accuracy, but I think I'm going to have to be strong and pass. I'll likely get their Big chap though if they do a good job of it. If I had money, I'd buy this happily however, I like it. Are you getting any? They would fit right in with your display of larger items
Yeah collectables are getting crazy expensive recently, it's cool you'll be getting a new house. Though you realise when you get the extra space you'll need to buy more stuff to fill it!

I won't be getting any, got enough aliens stuff now. Plus I've been on back on a guitar buying spree recently, so doubt I'll order anything major statue related until after the Ecc medusa and hcg slimer arrive.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:02 AM   #59
Inkedsushi
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Went with the brown. Looks better to me and went for accuracy. Does everyone think one enormous box? Two boxes? If two, you think the sculpt is halved or the face is separate with the base?
Inkedsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:27 AM   #60
Python
Omega Red

The head will be one entire piece, nasty seem lines would ensue otherwise. I imagine the base will be in the same box, but who knows.

Brown is probably a good choice. I look forward to seeing it..
Python is offline   Reply With Quote