Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Thanks for this amazing review of a very impressive statue my friend!
You have a very entertaining way of reviewing which makes your reviews interesting and very much fun to read.
Besides that your pictures are very clear and simply amazing!

Congrats and kudos with the Incredible Hulk and let's wait together for the arrival of the Unstoppable Juggernaut!

Keep up the good work!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Thank you, Rainer.

Definitely, having the Unstoppable Juggernaut alongside the Incredible Hulk is going to be epic!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajuice View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write a very informative review. I really want to buy the piece but the eyes, the boring pose, and the rushed base makes it hard to click on the buy button.
You are quite welcome. This piece is great but not perfect. The issues that I mentioned have nothing to do with Sosa's work but with Koto's Quality Control department. Koto rushed the release date while increasing the production to a larger edition size. That is always a recipe for disaster.

Regardless of all of that, I really like the sculpt and I will probably repaint it in the future. You should be on the look out for my friend Kevin, better known as Dark_Spidey's custom paint work on the piece. I am sure that it is going to be off the hook!!

Thanks for checking my review once again.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
FROBAY
Phoenix

Nice review. I may pick this up in the new year.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #14
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Nice review. I may pick this up in the new year.
Thanks, bro!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #15
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Wow. This is your best review yet, JP. I don't need to tell you that you're doing a great job anymore because you already know you are! Awesome awesome review.

I've actually learned a lesson with this piece. That is, to never again pre-order from Kotobukiya, no matter how much I loved the prototype. Man, the production piece is such a let-down. It wasn't thought-out well, unlike Bowen's. The base of the statue should almost always be heavier than the statue it supports so as to prevent leaning and falls. The paint application of the face SHOULD be near flawless! I wouldn't even mind the other minor paint flaws at the other parts of the body as long as they aren't noticeable. But paint flaws on the face, no matter how minor or small will ALWAYS BE NOTICEABLE. And speaking as a collector, it annoys the hell out of you.

I have no such concern for Bowen pieces. Whenever I see a prototype that I like from Bowen, I would pre-order it, because I know that the over-all quality of the final product would be almost the same as the prototype.

With that being said, I'm keeping my eye out for a Bowen Hulk just like yours, JP. Lol.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #16
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Wow. This is your best review yet, JP. I don't need to tell you that you're doing a great job anymore because you already know you are! Awesome awesome review.

I've actually learned a lesson with this piece. That is, to never again pre-order from Kotobukiya, no matter how much I loved the prototype. Man, the production piece is such a let-down. It wasn't thought-out well, unlike Bowen's. The base of the statue should almost always be heavier than the statue it supports so as to prevent leaning and falls. The paint application of the face SHOULD be near flawless! I wouldn't even mind the other minor paint flaws at the other parts of the body as long as they aren't noticeable. But paint flaws on the face, no matter how minor or small will ALWAYS BE NOTICEABLE. And speaking as a collector, it annoys the hell out of you.

I have no such concern for Bowen pieces. Whenever I see a prototype that I like from Bowen, I would pre-order it, because I know that the over-all quality of the final product would be almost the same as the prototype.

With that being said, I'm keeping my eye out for a Bowen Hulk just like yours, JP. Lol.
Thanks, CJ! And I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, Koto cannot get over this lump. They keep making the same mistake over and over, with the Fine Art Statue line. They release one good painted piece and then two bad ones. They need to maintain the standard so customers can buy with confidence.

I love Dark_spidey's custom paint because is doing justice to the magnificent work done by Erick. The sculpt on this piece was a rough gemstone that needed to be polished. Koto failed to do so.

Good luck and God speed in getting the Bowen Hulk, buddy!!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
L Deimos
The Spirit

Thanks for the honest review Jsparri! An honest review is much more entertaining and informative than a overly biased one.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #18
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Thanks for the honest review Jsparri! An honest review is much more entertaining and informative than a overly biased one.
Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I like to share the information that I also want to hear. For me, honesty is the most important thing.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #19
kiosh
Birdman

thanks!
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #20
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiosh View Post
thanks!