Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 02-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #11
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Dahwaf,
thank you for your honest, informative review together with the incredible pictures.
I am sorry to hear that you are not entirely happy with this statue and hope that WW's appeal on you will grow in time despite the imperfections on the statue.

Keep up the good work!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

nice review mate. Quick question as I have this on order (the exclusive) and am considering cancelling, losing the NRD and just picking up the regular in the UK at a saving most likely.

Do you think it displays best with the axe or does the shield give a good balance to the piece? Personally in the pics it looks like the axe is the way to go but seems a waste of the shield. Bit of a wasted opportunity from sideshow to give a small display stand for the shield or even to have allowed it be be slung over her back maybe.

I'm quite picky I guess so I'm guessing I'm gonna have a hard time with this but your thoughts would be appreciated greatly either way.
Cheers mate
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #13
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
nice review mate. Quick question as I have this on order (the exclusive) and am considering cancelling, losing the NRD and just picking up the regular in the UK at a saving most likely.

Do you think it displays best with the axe or does the shield give a good balance to the piece? Personally in the pics it looks like the axe is the way to go but seems a waste of the shield. Bit of a wasted opportunity from sideshow to give a small display stand for the shield or even to have allowed it be be slung over her back maybe.

I'm quite picky I guess so I'm guessing I'm gonna have a hard time with this but your thoughts would be appreciated greatly either way.
Cheers mate
Personally, I like the axe but the shield is very nice as well. Having different display options is always a plus. If I was you, I would not cancel the pre-order just to get my hands on the exclusive. You can always sell it for a profit at some point. With the large ES as it is, regulars will have a hard time increasing in aftermarket value.

P.S. I do not buy statues for the purpose of re-selling, but it is certainly good to know that my investment is safe. That is only my opinion.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
Trace
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

great review. good reference for those who are still waiting. I wish SS had made the hair PVC, it would lessen damages during shipment and during assembly.
Trace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #15
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
Personally, I like the axe but the shield is very nice as well. Having different display options is always a plus. If I was you, I would not cancel the pre-order just to get my hands on the exclusive. You can always sell it for a profit at some point. With the large ES as it is, regulars will have a hard time increasing in aftermarket value.

P.S. I do not buy statues for the purpose of re-selling, but it is certainly good to know that my investment is safe. That is only my opinion.
thanks mate. I kept the PO in the end so fingers crossed!
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #16
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

what is the name of the WW print in the background?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #17
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Great review! Sometimes it's tough to give a piece you just waited a year for and spent good money on a somewhat lower score, so kudos for writing an honest assessment.

Also, great pics!
I agree with this. Always being crucial to keeping personal feelings out of the mix is important. I try to do so also. I think your critique is pretty much on the money for her though id probably had brought her in at 7.

I had some feeling after the announcement of the large es that she was going to be an issue and i dropped her. Probably the one of the few DC statues i would ever buy though.

Thanks for the pics and the review. Great job.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #18
Dahwaf
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
what is the name of the WW print in the background?
It's artwork by Nicola Scott! She's an Australian artist for DC who's worked on Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey and the recent Earth 2.

Had the pleasure of meeting her and managed to get that print from her.
Dahwaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #19
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post
It's artwork by Nicola Scott! She's an Australian artist for DC who's worked on Wonder Woman, Birds of Prey and the recent Earth 2.

I love Nicola Scott's art. Plus she is a hottie!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #20
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahwaf View Post

cool thanks
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote