Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Bobby C

Old 04-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #41
bxstrmn
Frackin!

It is obvious when something is not full scale that some detail will be lost once it is scaled down, that being said the materials for the clothes are much better than i would expect for the size, and the head looks like a 1:1 scale photoshopped on. I don't think those pics a real, send me this piece so I can validate it. All kidding aside congrats on the amazing piece, and excellent job Bobby.
bxstrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #42
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

this is incredible!! another fan gained seriously youtube this!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to see more. great grail!
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #43
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #44
Eaglewood
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I have had the honor to hang out with Bobby and see these first hand in process. Just when I think he is done and it cant get any better--he tells me he is starting all over again as he isnt happy with it. This just goes to show the dedication and commitment this man puts into all his work. If you are lucky enough to own one of his pieces-- hang on to it!!!.

Bobby is one of the greatest friend anyone can have and I am proud to know him. the quality of his work will always be better and better as he is never satisfied and always trying to take things to a level unheard of.
Eaglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #45
Vader
Ghost

I agree. Bobby is a great guy and a true talent. He's very committed to his work. And a very humble person.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #46
Darth_Ryan
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

OMG!!! I thought the first pic is Bobby C's 1:1 joker bust. WOW!!! Amazing! Congratulations on a phenomenal piece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Ok guys I went to Detroit, MI the other day to get my 1/3 Joker from Bobby C. He was nice enough to have me out there and spend some time with him and pick up my Joker.

First, I will say this Bobby C is as nice a person as he is a talented artist. He's very down to earth, friendly, and just an overall nice guy, I had a great time with him, and it was very nice to meet his family as well.

Ok guys, here's the deal. This is BY FAR the best collectible I have ever owned in my 10+ years of collecting. The level of detail and care put into EACH and EVERY PIECE no one will ever truly realize. Bobby spent 4 hours while I was there, futzing, touching up, and adding final details that him and I both liked. This is just while I was there. The amount of time he has spent on each piece...I can only imagine.

It's like a miniature version of Heath ledger as the Joker. My dog got down on his paws, all defensive like when I set him up and my daughter (who is 8) waved her hands at it and yelled "Boo! Hey!" and then said to me "I think his eyes moved and he blinked!" That's how real looking it is.

I truly love this piece, and consider it the ULTIMATE GRAIL for myself. All those who are getting one, you will LOVE IT and consider yourself lucky. You will not be disappointed and the drive out (from NY) and the wait for mine was so worth it.

I will post some pictures, but this piece has to be seen in person to believe.

Thank-you very much Bobby C for making this piece. I will always treasure it. And now it is back home and in the acrylic case I bought for it (which in itself is awesome, from casesforcollectibles.com)

Review Score 10 / 10 !

:bow :duff :bow

:rock :rock
Darth_Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:27 AM   #47
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow........
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #48
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
OMG! I can't believe I just found this thread! How could I have missed it?!!

This has officially become my grail of grails. With the new suits, my word.

Dear God, where can I go to sell a kidney?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #49
jetfuel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Im late to the party as well, I would love to have a Bobby C Joker in my collection. Maybe one day
jetfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #50
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Absolutely amazing.
Stunning work Bobby C!

JSA
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote