Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-30-2016, 10:37 PM   #991
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Sideshow has raised thier game considerably over the last 12-16 months so past mistakes don't mean anything to me. Its thier current and future pieces that I am interested in and I have more confidence in Sideshow right now than I have ever had in the past. In fact, I consider 2016 to be thier best year to date. And I think this Predator looks FAR better than just ok. So we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. Is it perfect? Nope, but I still think ts an amazing piece and spending an extra $1000-$1500+ so I could get a version from XM that might be a little bit better...well, definitely wouldn't be worth it in my book. I would definitely be sticking with Sideshow on this one. There have only been 4-5 XM pieces to date that truly impressed me to the point where I would pay the money required to get them.
I guess you didn't buy the new Jason PF that has a dog $hit paint app on the mixed media. SS quality is hit or missed depending on the character and the factory that makes it.

Quote:
I'm dead serious. Given the popularity of everything Predator, I gurantee people in the US would be lucky to be able to get an XM version for under $2000-2500. The mark-up would be considerable on the secondary market. And it would sell out instantly.
If Predator fans are blindly throwing money at companies making Predator stuff they deserve what they get. People need to stop buying subpar pieces you know will not look anything like the paint app from the proto and that doesn't include all the flaws already mentioned about this piece.

I for one will still demand SS step up their game with Quality Control because it's not as good as it should be.

With Prime 1 and XM Studios making a Predator it should get very interesting once all these pieces get released and we see the actual quality we get.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #992
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Sideshow has raised thier game considerably over the last 12-16 months so past mistakes don't mean anything to me. Its thier current and future pieces that I am interested in and I have more confidence in Sideshow right now than I have ever had in the past. In fact, I consider 2016 to be thier best year to date. And I think this Predator looks FAR better than just ok. So we will just have to agree to disagree on that one. Is it perfect? Nope, but I still think ts an amazing piece and spending an extra $1000-$1500+ so I can get a version from XM that might be a little bit better...well, definitely not worth it in my book. I'll definitely be sticking with Sideshow on this one. There have only been 4-5 XM pieces to date that truly impressed me to the point where I would pay the money required to get them.
You seem like you would be offended if XM made a Predator statue for $2,500. Why do you even care? You would still be allowed to buy from SS. This statue has the foundation of a good statue, but it has all of the same failings that the last 5-8 predecessors had. Other companies solicit community feedback on the design. If SS had done that with this piece, they could have avoided these repetitive errors. Sure, it is good enough for you as is, but it had the potential to be a lot better. Just like the last 5-8 SS Predator pieces. It feels like a broken record.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:55 PM   #993
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
. . . This statue has the foundation of a good statue, but it has all of the same failings that the last 5-8 predecessors had . . .
I'd say WORSE failings. The leg armour and the gap in the bio could be addressed after purchase by us, but how the heck do you fix a skinny body, oversized masked head and elongated unmasked head without an entire resculpt.

Quote:
. . . Other companies solicit community feedback on the design. If SS had done that with this piece, they could have avoided these repetitive errors.
Yeah - the not requesting feedback is just plain dumb and/or arrogant. Even if you have to get the OK from the licence holders for changes, plan it out to allow feedback. It's not like it's their first rodeo. The moment I was sent leaked pics of the early sculpt, I said it was too skinny.

Quote:
. . . Sure, it is good enough for you as is, but it had the potential to be a lot better. Just like the last 5-8 SS Predator pieces. It feels like a broken record.
Yarp - spot-on.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:30 PM   #994
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this piece. I think it looks great. Would love to have it in my collection, but not at 1250$ Plus its a little too tall for my display options. Just making excuses why i cant spend the money.. Dont mind me
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:36 PM   #995
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Irrespective of the price difference, my understanding is that XM will only be doing 1/4 scale dioramas for their Predator license and not maquettes. They also aren't really known for screen accuracy. Just look at their Star Wars Boba Fett piece. It's a well done piece but it's a melding of comic and screen used elements. They have yet to prove their chops on doing a fully screen accurate character.

Also, there has been no official confirmation from Prime 1 that they have or will ever get the Predator license. It's all been speculation up to this point and that's all.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:49 PM   #996
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Oh no, 1/4 scale dioramas. The horror!
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:52 PM   #997
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Irrespective of the price difference, my understanding is that XM will only be doing 1/4 scale dioramas for their Predator license and not maquettes. They also aren't really known for screen accuracy. Just look at their Star Wars Bobba Fett piece. It's a well done piece but it's a melding of comic and screen used elements. They have yet to prove their chops on doing a fully screen accurate character.

Also, there has been no official confirmation from Prime 1 that they have or will ever get the Predator license. It's all been speculation up to this point and that's all.

Doesn't prime one have every single license by now?
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:00 AM   #998
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Haha!
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:13 AM   #999
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
If they only could do something similar as Narin did with his 'encounter' diorama...
A 1/4 accurate diorama of this would be spectacular and a dream piece for many!The Predator piece to end all predator stuff,lol
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:15 AM   #1000
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post

The P1 masked 1:2 LSB (pretty darn good!)
Couldn't agree more...such an underrated piece!
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote