Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #1111
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
No...
Snap

(* it's 2 separate headsculpts Polystones *)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #1112
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
I have no words . . .

I count 4 and a penguin.

If you have some proof it would be great to see. Frosties kid didn't die by the way, if you wondered.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #1113
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I am far from a sideshow advocate.
Oh no, not at all.

jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #1114
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polystones View Post
Also, if you look closely at the fine detail of the neck rings in the photo above I believe it can be seen that they are actually the same rings, so either it IS a magnetised 'add on' Bio Mask or if it is two separate whole head portraits, they won't include the neck rings (which will form part of the body sculpt) & the heads will swap out at chin level.

.... Comments/thoughts?
Yes...
Collectorcol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:10 PM   #1115
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
Oh no, not at all.

No, not at all.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #1116
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not sure why people are still mulching over the same complaints on this piece. If you don't like it just don't order it and wait for the next Predator to be released.

In my opinion this piece looks awesome. I too would have loved to get it as a companion for my Dutch PF. However, I will not be ordering because of other investments and the price point.

But like I said, just wait for the next best thing. Predators and Aliens are the meat and potatoes of sci-fi so someone will always be making something better than what came out last month. Just be patient.
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:14 PM   #1117
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Yes...
Snap Snap

(* it's 2 separate headsculpts Polystones *)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #1118
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Rude comment deleted.

Everyone just relax. I've already met my quota for bans in October and was hoping to not have to ban anyone else for awhile.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 11-02-2016 at 12:21 PM.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:18 PM   #1119
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeswalker View Post
Not sure why people are still mulching over the same complaints on this piece. If you don't like it just don't order it and wait for the next Predator to be released.

In my opinion this piece looks awesome. I too would have loved to get it as a companion for my Dutch PF. However, I will not be ordering because of other investments and the price point.

But like I said, just wait for the next best thing. Predators and Aliens are the meat and potatoes of sci-fi so someone will always be making something better than what came out last month. Just be patient.
Although I mostly agree with your logical and well-made points, I, as most folks with any interest in this license, have already been waiting for this for some time. I don't see a new decent 1/4 scale Predator from the first film coming any time soon. I have personally given up on it. Might even sell Dutch at this point.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:20 PM   #1120
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I have not seen any proof to say that the armour placing is wrong. It's one of those little playground rumours that has become fact and no one has bothered to properly check if it is even fact anymore. Reminds me of the frosties kid.

Not a single predator statue (of the main 4 biggies released) is film accurate, not even by Steve wangs hand or Stan winstons eyes has one been done accurate justice because it's impossible. The first film the suit was falling a part, nothing about it is accurate.

I heard that Jean Claude van damme got drunk and returned to set and had a fight with the suit..............the suit won.

the search for perfection is a fools errand.
I challenge you to find one screen capture from one of the two original movies (or any predator movie for that fact), that shows the thigh armor in that position. Or the hundreds of Predator garage kits that have been produced in the last 30 years, or basically any official reference to Predator ever made and find something that shows the armor in that position. You are obviously a casual fan telling Predator die-hards that we don't know what we are talking about. It's like if I was having my annual physical, and my doctor told me that I should stop smoking because it causes cancer, and I responded that I have seen no proof that smoking causes cancer.

No one is asking for perfection. Steve Wang probably couldn't reproduce the Predator exactly as he did it back in the 80's. What we are asking for is actually pretty reasonable. Not to make critical errors like putting the armor in the wrong spot, or completely botching the sculpt of the P2 helmet, or making the P2 spear half the size it should be. You know, all of the things that are routinely achieved on a $200 plastic figure.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote