Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-08-2017, 04:57 AM   #1091
demonhunter
Kingpin

Ok, I'm in. Just preordered the Exclusive on the website. First time I'm buying direct from Sideshow. Looking forward to it. This is the kind of Wolverine I've always wanted.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:18 AM   #1092
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
XM Brown only a design draw,and XM's Wolverine is disappointing whether it is yellow or weaponX
I thought people liked the yellow one.
It is true, its just a rough drawing now. If the statue iex s still up to po in the end of january, I will buy.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:38 AM   #1093
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
By the way those of you waiting for XM brown enjoy the price tag on that one. Minimum of 1000-1200 US without shipping .
Why not get both? XM Brown Wolverine will be the best brown Wolverine to date because the sideshow one in my opinion was a fail based on the head sculpt. This new Wolverine blows XM yellow Wolverine out of the water and I have the XM Wolverine
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #1094
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Why not get both? XM Brown Wolverine will be the best brown Wolverine to date because the sideshow one in my opinion was a fail based on the head sculpt. This new Wolverine blows XM yellow Wolverine out of the water and I have the XM Wolverine
Masked head sculpt was fine. What ruined it was that silver cereal bowl base

They got it right with this new wolverine in terms of making the base look natural.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #1095
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Comment made on weight of XM brown how can anyone know weight of it. Only a picture that base and figure will be more than 15 pounds. Just saying . XM does a lot of solid big bases . I'll wait and see how it looks painted .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:02 AM   #1096
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine_X-Men View Post
Hi everyone. I'm posting here for the second time as it could look like I'm a new member, it's not completely true as I was coming to this forum since a couple of years before I decided to register myself (mostly in order to see the pictures).

What I want to say it's not because some people are not "active" on those forums that it means they are not collectors.

I start collecting in 2009-10. As I live in Europe, for a couple of years I was buying through European stores only. And now since 2 years and half I start ordering through Sideshow. The reason is that those European stores have raised their prices and blow the roof with them. Today it's still less expensive for me to buy overseas even with the shipping cost and the customs fees than ordering in Europe. And the best part of it is that I get the Exclusive and have the statue few monts before it comes through European retailers.

Example for my last statue Geral of Rivia EX (Prime 1).
Sideshow's price: 770$ + 133$ for the shipping + 72$ for the customs = 975$/830€

In Europe the price for this statue starts at 1175$/1000€ and it's only the reg. So I saved 200$/170€

Even for reg statues, I did the same for Bane and saved 80€ going with Sideshow.

And don't forget the rewards points, I used 132$ on this Wolverine. With the FlexPay option this statue is a steal !

As a collector I don't get the ES thing. I means if you love the statue and want it in your collection then just buy it.

Why do you want to wait ? If it's under 1000 ES you jump on it, if it's over 2500 ES you pass ? Or maybe you just like to play with fire and jump only on waiting list to see it convert. I still don't get it.

Anyway congrats to all who buy it. Now we're going to wait at least one year before it goes on our shelves.
Some collectors don't like buying before the ES is announced because if the ES is high it means they could potentially save some money and buy it elsewhere for less.

Some don't like buying a high ES at all. To each their own. We all have our own ways of collecting.

Personally I'm just trying to get the rest of my points to clear first as it would knock off over two hundred dollars. That would be sweet if I can make it in time.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #1097
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
For one, its going to be far from 500 es with the way people order right away. Therein lies my point on why our final decisions is to holding out. Its the difference between paying $570 retail or getting it cheaper buying second hand.
You won't be getting this cheaper second hand, not the EX. Your total cost would be more. Don't forget shipping cost is heck a lot better with SS than buying from someone who is not local.

I for one want the unmasked version and that is the one I will be displaying it with and since I will be getting this anyways, why not order now.

I also don't care about ES
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #1098
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Po'd the reg through my local retailer! Looking forward to this guy.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:47 PM   #1099
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Comment made on weight of XM brown how can anyone know weight of it. Only a picture that base and figure will be more than 15 pounds. Just saying . XM does a lot of solid big bases . I'll wait and see how it looks painted .
To be clear...Comment was done on XM Wolverine and not XM brown Wolverine
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #1100
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine_X-Men View Post
Hi everyone. I'm posting here for the second time as it could look like I'm a new member, it's not completely true as I was coming to this forum since a couple of years before I decided to register myself (mostly in order to see the pictures).

What I want to say it's not because some people are not "active" on those forums that it means they are not collectors.

I start collecting in 2009-10. As I live in Europe, for a couple of years I was buying through European stores only. And now since 2 years and half I start ordering through Sideshow. The reason is that those European stores have raised their prices and blow the roof with them. Today it's still less expensive for me to buy overseas even with the shipping cost and the customs fees than ordering in Europe. And the best part of it is that I get the Exclusive and have the statue few monts before it comes through European retailers.

Example for my last statue Geral of Rivia EX (Prime 1).
Sideshow's price: 770$ + 133$ for the shipping + 72$ for the customs = 975$/830€

In Europe the price for this statue starts at 1175$/1000€ and it's only the reg. So I saved 200$/170€

Even for reg statues, I did the same for Bane and saved 80€ going with Sideshow.

And don't forget the rewards points, I used 132$ on this Wolverine. With the FlexPay option this statue is a steal !

As a collector I don't get the ES thing. I means if you love the statue and want it in your collection then just buy it.

Why do you want to wait ? If it's under 1000 ES you jump on it, if it's over 2500 ES you pass ? Or maybe you just like to play with fire and jump only on waiting list to see it convert. I still don't get it.

Anyway congrats to all who buy it. Now we're going to wait at least one year before it goes on our shelves.
That's true for Prime 1, IS or Cool Props pieces but for Reg/collector edition ( no EX) from Sideshow you will ALWAYS pay less by ordering localy
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote