Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #571
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
See we differ. I came in on comics during the Chris Claremont days of brown and yellow. But also, from a scientific standpoint and relatable standpoint, the blue and yellow doesn't make sense. Its pansy as a drag queen dressed like Madonna.

Brown and yellow are close to the colors of a Wolverine, which in fact is an earthy animal. Wolverine's are ferocious little animals that are dark in color.

More than anything though...the color scheme has just been done to death. I'd rather see Wolvie in his black costume or maybe something else...pink and green...anything but yellow and blue. It's driving me nuts and I cant' escape it.
You do realize that yellow he wears with the blue suit is almost identical to the yellow with the brown suit, and since when is yellow and blue some sort of effeminate color scheme?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:13 PM   #572
BurningRage
Inhumans

This statue is staring at you as you enter NYCC. Sideshow got a good location.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #573
SDguy

The extra portrait being the EX is a big deal I think for this piece.

Also, the paint job on the unmasked portrait is amazing.... I'm worried though, too amazing for production is likely. I mean, good grief, look at that skin tone and texture....
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #574
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You do realize that yellow he wears with the blue suit is almost identical to the yellow with the brown suit, and since when is yellow and blue some sort of effeminate color scheme?
I’m not sure why some people have such an issue with the blue. Blue was his 1st appearance, and what he wore in the iconic 90s TV show. Everyone always wants a Jim Lee line, and Lee preferred the blue. I like both, even though the blue was more prominent while I was growing up. I guess the Brown makes more sense from a realism standpoint, many superhero costumes would make more sense with different colours, that’s not the point.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #575
BurningRage
Inhumans

Real men can wear yellow clothing.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #576
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Real men can wear yellow clothing.
damn right

you saw this in person right, what was your impression?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #577
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The portrait was an eyesore. I could deal with everything else on the SS brown and yellow.

In response to the first bold text...I am a fan of every company. Hell, there are some things from each company that are just as impressive as anything other companies have done.

Sagat 1:3 from PCS is just as impressive than ANYTHING SS has done. Prime 1 Serpentor is just as impressive as anything SS has done. I could go on and on...even to the 1:6 Hot Toys figures and beyond. It's more the AD that lures me to other companies outside of SS because they take strides to push the industry forward and keep advancing.

But all artists and sculptors in all these companies from XM to SS to PCS and Prime 1 have the top talent in the world. There is so much product on the market from all these companies that it is overwhelming. I can't keep up...

Agree with everything here, the brown Wolverine would be about perfect if the head sculpts were more to this new PF's style imo. But I've always been more fond of the blue Wolverine, I guess it boils down what you grew up with(90s cartoon for me).
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 08:11 PM   #578
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
The extra portrait being the EX is a big deal I think for this piece.
I agree. Susan's comments during the SS Live footage made it sound like the masked portrait is gonna be the EX. This is one of those times when a statue shouldn't have an EX but come with COH standard.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #579
adee
Green Arrow

After seeing him in person I think I may be in. He looked great. One of my favorites at the show.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #580
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I just realized Spider mans color scheme is all wrong.

Loric has made me a believer. Looking forward to XM’s naturalistic Brown and fuzzy costumed Spider-Man. Also, their upcoming Phoenix with natural plumage. Should be epic.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote