Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-15-2021, 12:55 PM   #1031
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Handy to know. I thought IS had their own warehouse in California, didn’t realize they shipped from sideshow. Figured being the monster this is and all the side pieces it would be an expensive shipment, even more so now that I know it’s coming out of sideshow. Oh well, happy to finally be getting it.
Thanks for the info everyone.
Honestly I'm not sure how accurate it is to hear people saying "IS ships from Sideshow in CA". I thought that was the case, but IS didn't have a statue in stock (finally shipped Friday), that Sideshow had in stock 2 weeks before. I even checked with Sideshow to find out if it would ship that day (2 weeks prior) and they said yes they had "just got the IS proxima midnight piece in".

So doesn't make sense to me that Sideshow would say they have something in stock that IS said they wouldn't have in stock for a few more weeks due to port delays, if they are shipping from the same location lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #1032
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Honestly I'm not sure how accurate it is to hear people saying "IS ships from Sideshow in CA". I thought that was the case, but IS didn't have a statue in stock (finally shipped Friday), that Sideshow had in stock 2 weeks before. I even checked with Sideshow to find out if it would ship that day (2 weeks prior) and they said yes they had "just got the IS proxima midnight piece in".

So doesn't make sense to me that Sideshow would say they have something in stock that IS said they wouldn't have in stock for a few more weeks due to port delays, if they are shipping from the same location lol.
I was thinking the same thing when I saw that but I was like hey maybe they know something I don't.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #1033
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Pyro is in stock at Sideshow. I already preordered through Spec Fic but there's been no shipping notice yet.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:31 PM   #1034
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

It's possible that somebody made an assumption way back when and the mistake has just been perpetuated. Maybe they do have a different CA warehouse than SS. Don't know why the same statue going to the same state and probably the same port would arrive two weeks later at IS. I have heard people say that though about other pieces.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:40 PM   #1035
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

Can’t really say. Not sure if they take care of their own first (sideshow) or if they don’t use same place. I was replying to the previous message where they were letting me know they were same location.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:38 AM   #1036
Infinite GLORY

Oh I know everyone lol. I wasn't bashing anyone. Didn't think I would get so many replies to that ha! It just appears to me that they are not the same. I do think and know that IS has a shipping warehouse in CA, but I just dunno if it's the Sideshow place.

Obviously the arrangement for Sideshow to start selling Iron Studios pieces is fairly new I think? Last year or 2? I know that's when IS switched and created a new US site vs. just their Brazil site.

And yea that is a good point, perhaps Sideshow has first dibs on selling their own allotment of IS statues when they come in, which seems odd since they are IS own statues, but if that's the agreement in place to sell IS pieces in CA then yea makes sense.

Who knows lol. Anyways, when was that Sentinel expected again?

And heck if Pyro is in stock at SS I may have to order him from their and not wait on Iron Studios to take forever. I have about $40 in rewards points.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #1037
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
The Sentinels are coming!!!

The Sentinels are coming!!!!
Biggunz did that final payment charge yesterday? Prolly too early to expect this to have shipped already huh? lol. Man can't wait to see this in hand and get more people's opinions on it.

**Sidenote - I just checked Sideshow looking for their "in stock" Pyro and they ALSO HAVE THE SENTINEL 1 DIO IN STOCK and ready to ship it says. Awesome.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:19 AM   #1038
Doomthulsa
Doh!

Sentinel #1, Pryo and Colossus all shipped last night. I have tracking numbers and they are en route. They will be arriving (in Florida) Friday March 19!!!!!!!

Finally!!!
Doomthulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #1039
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
Sentinel #1, Pryo and Colossus all shipped last night. I have tracking numbers and they are en route. They will be arriving (in Florida) Friday March 19!!!!!!!

Finally!!!
this is EXCELLENT NEWS! Please post pics and videos if you can. Where did you order from if you don't mind me asking.

Edit: Heck was so excited didn't realize you mentioned COLOSSUS as well!? Didn't even see him in stock on Sideshow but that is awesome.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:21 AM   #1040
Doomthulsa
Doh!

Funny story. I had originally ordered all the xmen pieces directly from Iron Studios (used a %10 off coupon on the entire order). Well, to put it lightly, I had MAJOR issues with their customer service and support.

In the end, I cancelled all my pre orders with Iron Studios and it was the best decision ever. If I am spending over $5k with your company, it is not acceptable to respond to my inquires 2 weeks later or not at all.

I went ahead and ordered everything again through Sideshow... Colossus, Pryro and Sentinel #1 are the first to arrive. I will NEVER go through IS directly again.

EDIT* Colossus is up on the Sideshow site right now. In stock!
Doomthulsa is offline   Reply With Quote