Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Eh, you sh*t on stuff (including other collectors) all the time, so you have absolutely no room to talk.
Yeah I may complain about not getting what was advertised what I paid for or outright lied to, but Elektra isn't exactly on the redo scale of Batmans, Wolverines, or Akuma pumping iron but by far the loudest whiner of Sideshow's character choices is you by yourself.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:12 PM   #22
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah I may complain about not getting what was advertised what I paid for or outright lied to, but Elektra isn't exactly on the redo scale of Batmans, Wolverines, or Akuma pumping iron but by far the loudest whiner of Sideshow's character choices is you by yourself.
You're one of the biggest asshole gaslighters on this forum. Again, you have absolutely no room to talk about others "crapping on stuff." You're condescending and rude, and you think your ---- don't stink. I've had it listening to your bull----, so you're going on my permanent block list.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:13 PM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
You're one of the biggest asshole gaslighters on this forum. Again, you have absolutely no room to talk about others "crapping on stuff."
Old 02-20-2024, 05:17 PM   #24
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Ugh. Why is a good Black Cat, She-Hulk or Spider-Woman too much to ask for?
In-between the 12 days lately they been continuing to show new stuff. So maybe one of those is coming up soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
I wonder if this will get close to that new Sideshow trend of pieces being over 30" tall...
Well we can thank XM/Customs for making the crazy big bases. So now they are trying to get the audience that has been asking for more height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Yea I think SS is trying to compete with the 1/3 fans by making 1/4 pieces taller.
I'm guessing its all the feedback now finally coming to fruition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
seems counter productive, a smaller footprint is the one of the major advantages 1/4 scale pieces have

But I honestly was happy they kept pieces below 20-25 inches with a few that were higher.

The ninja's tho look amazing compared to all the dozens of customs that include ninja's.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:19 PM   #25
qz33
Doctor Doom

Both her knees are bent so maybe not so tall.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:22 PM   #26
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Well we can thank XM/Customs for making the crazy big bases. So now they are trying to get the audience that has been asking for more height.
It's kind of funny because XM has been scaling down some of their bases recently - obviously not all pieces (Maestro), but others such as their newer 1/4 DC pieces.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:28 PM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

am i the only one who finds it difficult to display pieces like this with others? maybe its just my ocd but this would look weird next to most other statues being super dynamic and having half bodied ninjas on the base. like this next to even the last DD pf would look odd imo. sculpt seems great and i guess could work as a stand a lone piece but would seem out of place in a typical display setting - but again could totally be just me
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:31 PM   #28
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think 20-24 inches is the sweet spot for a good 1:4 piece. Taller or shorter and it just doesn't look like it belongs.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:34 PM   #29
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
am i the only one who finds it difficult to display pieces like this with others? maybe its just my ocd but this would look weird next to most other statues being super dynamic and having half bodied ninjas on the base. like this next to even the last DD pf would look odd imo. sculpt seems great and i guess could work as a stand a lone piece but would seem out of place in a typical display setting - but again could totally be just me
In YOUR collection, I agree. Yours is so carefully curated with a specific style, with most statues focused clearly on the characters, if I recall.

So yeah... you can't get this.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 05:45 PM   #30
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Overall it looks really, really good. The only complaint would be the portrait, but then again, it's a very dark picture. I know I'm a broken record, but can we please get classic Felicia Hardy and Jessica Drew, preferably sculpted by Mr Harbottle?
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote