Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

oh i'm sure the lists will start pouring in soon, how credible they'll be is the real question
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #22
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Very true!

I hope it won't go as drastic by somebody hacking Capcom and then publishing the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
oh i'm sure the lists will start pouring in soon, how credible they'll be is the real question
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:37 AM   #23
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

what style is ryu hair in the street fighter V? is that based on the comic book. i don't like it too spikey. they should of kept it like street fighter 4 oh well. i just feel it looks super weird in statue form. i know the new ryu from pcs has the spiked hair and it stands out for me as soon as i look at it but not in a good way.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 04:51 AM   #24
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
not to turn this into one of those threads but seriously what the hell did Sony do at E3 either, I hear all the time how they "killed it at E3" but both console launch conferences were awful.
Nothing. That's how bad Microsoft were.

There were a number of shady things from Microsoft that stood out for me:

Microsoft: You can't play offline. You can't play your own single player games offline.
Consumers: Go f$ck yourself Microsoft.

Microsoft: You can lend your digital games to your friends.
Consumers: Really? That sounds really cool. Tell us more.
Microsoft: Well, er, none of us have been briefed properly on this one so we are going to be really shady and just keep repeating the same statement.
Consumers: Come on, there must be a catch?
Microsoft: Um, well, your friends can play your game for an hour max. It's basically a demo, but we are using you to sell our product to your friends.
Consumers: Go F$ck yourself Microsoft.

Microsoft:All games are digital.
Consumers: Wait, so I can't take it to gamestop and trade it?
Microsoft: Nope. It's worthless once you buy it.
Consumers: Go f$ck yourself Microsoft.

Microsoft: The Kinnect must be sold with the xbox and it will be on all the time.
Consumers: A camera will be on all the time in my home?
Microsoft: Yep. Cool right?
Consumers: Go f&ck yourself Microsoft.

This was just a snippet.

Urgh. I'm sorry. This stuff makes me angry. Especially the shadiness of number 2. It was the biggest selling point because they mislead everyone on purpose.

When they reversed everything because of public backlash they included reversing number two.
The consumers asked why? And asked to keep it it. That's when the truth about number two trickled out.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #25
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

I agree with Mark. I've never liked microsoft to be honest. Sony's E3 conference stood out because they didn't stab their consumers in the back. Plain and simple. I know I sound like a sony kiss ass fan boy, but I'm glad SFV isn't coming to xbox one.

Anyway I was thinking, if Charlie does get made into a PF, I hope he will have 2 heads. One with and one without the gem on his forehead. I'm getting way ahead of myself right now though lol.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #26
MrYac
Hercules

Microsoft got rid of l the policies that would've "stabbed their customers in the back" pretty quickly. And truth be told I've said for a while now that their real problem was never addressing what their actual plans were, they wasted their conference on crap never talking about the rumors and let the Internet fester with misinformation and allowed Sony to stir the pot like petty children with cheap shots, I think a lot of what Microsoft could've done would've actually improved this generation of games instead we've progressed nowhere in the hobby and won't for ateast another decade.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #27
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm fortunate enough to have more than one system. So the exclusive titles don't affect me but I do think it sucks for people who don't have more than one. The fact that Microsoft changed Thier BS policies after E3 is good but they didn't do it because they were looking out for the gamers. They did it because they were shooting themselves in the foot if they kept them. To me I still feel resentment towards them for trying to do it in the first place. Basically they were trying to screw us over but then realized we weren't going to stand for it so they didn't and now they expect us to be ok it . The fact they tried to in the first place is an insult regardless of them not going thru with it. I'm sure this is why the PS4 was leading in sales over Xboxes. The Xbox is in the lead now but I would think that's because those people buying them already have a PS4 like myself. I'm curious how the timed Tomb Raider exclusivity is going to change now that Microsoft is the publisher.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #28
MrYac
Hercules

Eh, as somebody that doesnt rent, buy used or trade games I still think some of the new policies would've been good for all gamers, Microsoft just did such a horrible marketing job that they never bothered to actually mention any of the benefits and just let the internets imagination call the shots
Old 12-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #29
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Lets get it out of the way I'm a SONY fanboy. That is what hooked me to gaming (well actually Sega mega drive 2) and I stuck to it. But even I admitted once 360 showed up it just wiped the floor with the PS3 at least in the first 2-3 years. Exclusives were stolen or shared, multiplats looked better on 360, developers crying how hard it is to develop for PS3 etc.

I was skeptical how this generation would go because MS was on the right track, major adverts and marketing. I have no idea how they managed to literally ---- up every single good thing they made with the 360. From the controller to the lack of power, those crazy announcements of always online/no sharing/renting of games ever etc. They dug their own grave, then they tried to take it back but it was too late, they confused the customer and PS4 is king now
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #30
MrYac
Hercules

but king of what, this generation has been pretty disappointing from all camps so far. sure there's been a couple cool games but the majority of the big titles have been so underwhelming it's sad for all system owners, nobody on either side is getting the "next gen" experiences we deserve