Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-07-2022, 11:52 AM   #401
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I didn?t. Couldn?t be bothered as I was the only one here who was quite irritated by them changing the gold colour of the armour during production (but now I?m receiving Queen pieces where they?ve also greatly altered the paint, such as the Vision and Mark 7 busts). So when they couldn?t fulfil it, I took it as a sign. Used the credit and moved on.
I was also frustrated by the change in the Gold paint. Still a beautiful statue
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:39 PM   #402
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
I was also frustrated by the change in the Gold paint. Still a beautiful statue
Yeh I was too at the time but overall it?s still an excellent piece ? love it and can?t wait to have it paired with the JL. Still looking for a suitable display option now for the two together ? nothing oversized either
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:44 AM   #403
thenic123
Doh!

It's probably to early to ask this, I was wondering if this will go up in asking price/value after everyone that has received their orders and it turned out to be great in likeness?
thenic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 06:37 AM   #404
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenic123 View Post
It's probably too early to ask this, I was wondering if this will go up in asking price/value after everyone that has received their orders and it turns out to be great in likeness?
I wouldn't count on it.

Even now not all retailers have sold out of their original stock allotments.

Sugo for example hasn't moved a single piece since after the first week, and still has 5 pieces remaining.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 07:48 AM   #405
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenic123 View Post
It's probably to early to ask this, I was wondering if this will go up in asking price/value after everyone that has received their orders and it turned out to be great in likeness?

If you're asking, because you plan to get this on the secondary market - then you might struggle.

If you're asking, because you're speculating on this as an investment, then it depends on the demand, it's that simple. It also depends on what comes out from the competition.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #406
tarim69
Sailor Moon

At this point I wouldn't buy any statues as an investment unless it has a REALLY low ES.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 10:13 AM   #407
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
At this point I wouldn't buy any statues as an investment unless it has a REALLY low ES.
I wouldn?t even bank on low edition sizes. Look at the P1 Alien Big Chap which is being reproduced
Old 10-16-2022, 04:09 PM   #408
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
I wouldn?t even bank on low edition sizes. Look at the P1 Alien Big Chap which is being reproduced
A little part of me is not too concerned regarding that particular piece, especially given the cracking issues this had on the original run of statues.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 03:45 AM   #409
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
A little part of me is not too concerned regarding that particular piece, especially given the cracking issues this had on the original run of statues.
P1 should have better packaged the statues or resolved the customers issues with replacements

My point is that in some instances the edition sizes do not mean anything where they can be reproduced by the manufacturer. Whether this should or should not happen is a separate discussion
Old 10-17-2022, 09:55 AM   #410
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
I wouldn't buy any statue as an investment....PERIOD.

Too many companies have the same license and chances are you'll see something better released at a later date.

...then you have the re-releases/ reissues/variants, etc. Its funny... you see this constantly with Alex Ross art with previously sold out editions being re-released on canvas/print...just because another publisher now holds the license ( sound familiar?)
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote