Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-01-2022, 08:56 PM   #471
redbloodedboy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenic123 View Post
I'm pulling out, pardon the pun.

I thought about it and $6100aud can be used elsewhere like upgrading my PC that powers a VR HMD and other things that are needed instead of just sitting there on a shelf.

I thought JND is/was going to step into 1/4 & 1/6 scale segments that they mentioned in the Mera vid?

Hope the collectors out there enjoy this WW statue when it releases in 2024 and get their money's worth.

Did you order and cancel with Sugo?
redbloodedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:16 PM   #472
thenic123
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Did you order and cancel with Sugo?
No. Just decided not to buy it.
thenic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:20 AM   #473
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenic123 View Post
I thought about it and $6100aud can be used elsewhere like upgrading my PC that powers a VR HMD and other things that are needed instead of just sitting there on a shelf

That's actually a question that goes for every statue and -in extend- to any form of decorative item.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:35 PM   #474
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
That's actually a question that goes for every statue and -in extend- to any form of decorative item.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not saying the collector is wrong to make that choice - I'm just thinking, there's always something to spend money on. In my opinion, if the thing you're buying isn't a life essential - then one form of wastage isn't any more relevant than another form of wastage.

Upgrading a PC for a VR system doesn't seem, to me, to be anything more special than a statue from JND.....they're both equally pointless, depending on where your interests lay.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #475
Straken-SWE
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not saying the collector is wrong to make that choice - I'm just thinking, there's always something to spend money on. In my opinion, if the thing you're buying isn't a life essential - then one form of wastage isn't any more relevant than another form of wastage.

Upgrading a PC for a VR system doesn't seem, to me, to be anything more special than a statue from JND.....they're both equally pointless, depending on where your interests lay.
Thats true, as long as you pay your bills and take care of life in general, what you put your extra money on is just a matter of personal interest.
I sold my PS5 this summer because it was "just sitting there on a shelf" and it wasn't even looking good doing it
Straken-SWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #476
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Of course, its your money, its your decision.
Just my .02, PC's always gets devaluated after a year, when the next best greatest Graphics card is around. Its just like an apple phone where every year, its the best thing ever...until...next year when we show you the greatest since slice bread EVER...until...

This Wonder Woman will be like Infinity or Queens Bust, if you missed the boat and you absolutely want it now, then, prepare to bend over.

If its something that you absolutely can go without, then yeah, skip since its not cheap.
I've always regret not getting the Inifinity Bust, and now, with my wife who is the one who actually really wants this JND statue, I cant pass on it, cause its a now or never for me.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 05:17 PM   #477
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbloodedboy View Post
Stock at Sugo seems to be now at 2 left?.was 4 a few days ago ? wonder if that means 2 more orders?.. it?s a slow burn but I?m guessing eventually this will be sold out most places
Down to one now.

It was at four for so many weeks, and now in about a week it's dropped one after another to their very last one.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 06:39 AM   #478
StefanCo
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
This Wonder Woman will be like Infinity or Queens Bust, if you missed the boat and you absolutely want it now, then, prepare to bend over.
I'm wondering if waiting isn't an option for these to sell (2nd hand) for more reasonable prices later on.

Esp. since I feel the movie-based statues are just hot in the first years after the release. When newer movies are released and new actors play the same parts, the movie is forgotten a bit... people move on to the next thing. And with these big pieces that take a lot of space and represent a fair budget to spend on new releases, maybe selling becomes a reasonable option.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #479
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanCo View Post
I'm wondering if waiting isn't an option for these to sell (2nd hand) for more reasonable prices later on.

Esp. since I feel the movie-based statues are just hot in the first years after the release. When newer movies are released and new actors play the same parts, the movie is forgotten a bit... people move on to the next thing. And with these big pieces that take a lot of space and represent a fair budget to spend on new releases, maybe selling becomes a reasonable option.
There's really only one way you're going to get these statues "cheaper" on the secondary market, and that's if a collector is in dire straights. Period.

Regardless of whether a film is remembered or not, No ones giving anyone a free lunch. Especially if a collector is releasing a piece to fund something new - they'll want to get maximum yield from their sale.....or, what's the point in selling.

For these high end statues, price wise, the trend right now - is buy early, pay less, buy later, pay more.....I don't see this changing.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 03:00 PM   #480
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
There's really only one way you're going to get these statues "cheaper" on the secondary market, and that's if a collector is in dire straights. Period.

Regardless of whether a film is remembered or not, No ones giving anyone a free lunch. Especially if a collector is releasing a piece to fund something new - they'll want to get maximum yield from their sale.....or, what's the point in selling.

For these high end statues, price wise, the trend right now - is buy early, pay less, buy later, pay more.....I don't see this changing.
Are you basing this on the statue market in 2021? I think valuations on the aftermarket from late 2020 through early 2022 were anomalous. It was the same for pretty much all aftermarkets during that time. Historically low interest rates combined with "free money" from the government will do that. I've been collecting since 2017 and I don't remember this being the trend. Low es, ultra sought after statues definitely appreciated, but most others either held their value or depreciated on the secondary market.

Now that things are returning to normal, I think the need to FOMO in early has largely dissipated. If you're patient and keep an eye on the BST groups, you're likely find a good deal. Hell, even SS has been giving crazy discounts for the past few months.

Of course there are certain statues (like this WW) that will retain their value due to various factors; character, popularity, quality of the piece, whether there are any comparable alternatives, etc. But many will not. JND's Arthur Fleck, HL Joker, Mera, and maybe Catwoman are pieces I think will sell at or under retail in the coming years. And I think their WW84, HQ, and Bruce and Bats duo will only appreciate in value.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote