Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-27-2023, 12:24 AM   #4971
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I would if I could but misses won't allow it (was lucky enough to 'get away' with the pred). Also real estate constraint, this is the biggest killer of them all.
Damn bro I feel for you my mrs bought my predator for me ahaha
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:52 AM   #4972
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Damn bro I feel for you my mrs bought my predator for me ahaha
That's lit, very nice of her. My misses says the pred just looks to real, organic and ugly af, gives her the creeps. I can't even put on the unmask portrait when she's home lol. She said why can't it look more metallic, like the terminator

If prime 1 release a 1/3 alien bust, I'll be sneaking in a buy without her knowing
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 12:55 AM   #4973
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
In my experience disassembly is way more dangerous. Takes a lot of force to overcome the inertia to remove pieces with super strong magnets or tight pins/slots.
When I inevitably have to move this sucker, I'm leaving the legs inserted into the base. Those two pieces will be custom packed with all the bubble wrap in the world. The rest of the statue should be fairly manageable using the original boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Get the new one with the simple base? I honestly wanted a base like that from day 1, I know people love wall but this new version has only 1 box instead of 2, cheaper retail price, simple base that doesn't wash out big chap, revised bust stand design so it doesn't topple over, revised shipping/packaging to reduce breaks (apparently) and possible improvements to the Alien production itself according Prime 1
Is this confirmed? Might put me over the edge. I really loved the sculpt of the original, was just too big for my space at the time and I couldn't get over the wall.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:31 AM   #4974
Halcyon
New Republic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Might put me over the edge..
..I couldn't get over the wall.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:09 PM   #4975
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
When I inevitably have to move this sucker, I'm leaving the legs inserted into the base. Those two pieces will be custom packed with all the bubble wrap in the world. The rest of the statue should be fairly manageable using the original boxes.

Is this confirmed? Might put me over the edge. I really loved the sculpt of the original, was just too big for my space at the time and I couldn't get over the wall.
I can tell already, I'll be leaving his legs into the base too. Luckily I can handle lifting the weight. I couldn't get my action posed Big Chap statue to key into the base & had to sand down the peg hole. It only went in halfway and got stuck. I had to pull up on the Alien and the base wouldn't let go. I'm lucky I didn't break his foot off. Definitely sounds like a risk with this one .
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:32 PM   #4976
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I can tell already, I'll be leaving his legs into the base too. Luckily I can handle lifting the weight. I couldn't get my action posed Big Chap statue to key into the base & had to sand down the peg hole. It only went in halfway and got stuck. I had to pull up on the Alien and the base wouldn't let go. I'm lucky I didn't break his foot off. Definitely sounds like a risk with this one .
I think base and legs would be about 25kgs or so. The base has quite a bit of weight to it.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:57 PM   #4977
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
I think base and legs would be about 25kgs or so. The base has quite a bit of weight to it.
Yeah so around 55 lbs. which is a good weight for a base + legs of this size & quality. The heavier the better imo. If it's super light, then it's a cheap eggshell. It's a good thing I can still bench 180 lbs. Lol
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:27 PM   #4978
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yeah so around 55 lbs. which is a good weight for a base + legs of this size & quality. The heavier the better imo. If it's super light, then it's a cheap eggshell. It's a good thing I can still bench 180 lbs. Lol
Hahaha us collectors are surprisingly fit bunch, esp hardcore pred fans

The entire statue when fully mounted, excluding extra head stand, second portrait, extra blades, hands I reckon is about 42kgs or 92lbs, so yeah, pretty darn buff and solid piece. Think shockwave could still be a little heavier or maybe not, anyone here know how heavy shockwave is?
Old 01-28-2023, 05:58 AM   #4979
The Merovingian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sideshow invoicing/shipping notices going out.

Just got my Sideshow invoicing/shipping notice today. Now all I have to do is find $3,500 dollars by next week!
The Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:59 AM   #4980
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
Just got my Sideshow invoicing/shipping notice today. Now all I have to do is find $3,500 dollars by next week!
That shouldn't be difficult for a man of your status.

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote