Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-29-2022, 11:06 AM   #171
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
She looks very good, overall. But, the hair is too curly and the lips are too plumped up. Looks like Gal Gadot just got done having filler added.
Also, it looks like she is wearing too much eye make-up. The dark lighting might be adding to the eye darkness.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 11:30 AM   #172
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I?m out. I think it looks like Gal Godot, I really see no issues with the likeness?.but the pricing - which, to be fair, we knew was going to be insane - has just set a new level to complete stupidity.

On top of that, and all the exclamations about ?hard work? - I?m sorry, but I don?t see it. And to be fair, they didn?t really discuss what makes this a platinum piece.

Good luck to anyone getting this. Maybe this is a good point for me to walk away from JND products. I can already see the relief on my wallet

I totally agree. This piece shouldn't be priced more than $2,500 max. While I appreciate the high production value of JND's videos, they need to take the Apple "we're sooooo amazing" marketing style down a couple of notches and instead inform the buyers WHY it is classified as a premium statue by walking us through their new process. To simply say "we've added more medical grade silicone" doesn't convince me as a prospective buyer to shell out $1,000+ more when you include shipping fees, 3rd party vendor fees, and import / customs fees. It's also worth pointing out that arms, legs, etc. are far easier and simpler to make; the portrait is always the most complicated to get right.
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:28 PM   #173
superdude
The X-Men

Yeah those big puffy lips are just killing the likeness for me. If they could just shrink those down this would be an absolutely killer statue, but of course you know that won't happen.
superdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:35 PM   #174
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I?m out. I think it looks like Gal Godot, I really see no issues with the likeness?.but the pricing - which, to be fair, we knew was going to be insane - has just set a new level to complete stupidity.

On top of that, and all the exclamations about ?hard work? - I?m sorry, but I don?t see it. And to be fair, they didn?t really discuss what makes this a platinum piece.

Good luck to anyone getting this. Maybe this is a good point for me to walk away from JND products. I can already see the relief on my wallet
The pricing is absurd. I know inflation has gone up a lot since they put up the preorder for the Bale Batman, but the dual Batman/Bruce Wayne set cost $3599 - $400 more for a second figure with more extensive tailoring than this WW statue.

If they want to charge $3199, then they need the video to show what the differences are that pertain to their perceived added value. From what I could see in the video, they made the head and shoulders one piece of silicon which will probably be done in house. I can't see how that would change the price at all. The only other things that could raise the cost that I can think of are her back which will need small pieces of silicon to show through the straps and the reinforcement of the hands and arms for the weapons, and her legs. Still, is that $1k worth of work? I don't know, but in any case I'm sure this will sell out which will signal to other manufacturers that they can keep driving up the prices.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:37 PM   #175
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Mouth looks bad, and by bad I mean not gal gadot

They should spend less time cramming teeth in there and more time just getting it to look like her
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:10 PM   #176
RemydaGambit
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My only critique is the mouth area. Honestly though, its a nitpick, I dont think its bad, as Gal has thick lips.
What I can say though, this was taken straight from the JL poster, and Gal has her mouth closed, and I guess they were so proud of the Harley dentures that they also added it to this piece. They could have just made it straight from the poster, and have her mouth closed and not add the the dentures. That would have dropped down the price more.
This piece could have been under $3k.

And just like Harley, with the dentures, lips appear more fuller.
Gal has super thick lower lip, but the upper lip is not as thick. And its the upper lip here that appears more fuller due to the mouth being open and having those denture teeth.

I was only gonna get 1 JND for my collection, but I showed it to my wife, and she wants me to get it.
Wonder Woman is a big inspirational character to many women, and my wife got teary eyed seeing the video and had goose bumps.

So, I'll have to think hard about this. I wasnt planning on getting this piece, Of course, part of me isnt gonna argue about getting it as I would love to have this piece as well. I think it is stunning, but dang, I wish that price was better.
There's still so many statues that I want to acquire. I've been struggling to decide whether I'm gonna get Prime 1 Rebirth Wonder Woman or Wonder Woman vs Hydra, and I've already been leaning on Rebirth since its cheaper and I'm an Artgerm fan.
But if we get this, then I'm definitely gonna have to pass on Prime 1.

This piece though, personally, this is one of those showstopper piece.
RemydaGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:37 PM   #177
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydaGambit View Post
My only critique is the mouth area. Honestly though, its a nitpick, I dont think its bad, as Gal has thick lips.
What I can say though, this was taken straight from the JL poster, and Gal has her mouth closed, and I guess they were so proud of the Harley dentures that they also added it to this piece. They could have just made it straight from the poster, and have her mouth closed and not add the the dentures. That would have dropped down the price more.
This piece could have been under $3k.

And just like Harley, with the dentures, lips appear more fuller.
Gal has super thick lower lip, but the upper lip is not as thick. And its the upper lip here that appears more fuller due to the mouth being open and having those denture teeth.

I was only gonna get 1 JND for my collection, but I showed it to my wife, and she wants me to get it.
Wonder Woman is a big inspirational character to many women, and my wife got teary eyed seeing the video and had goose bumps.

So, I'll have to think hard about this. I wasnt planning on getting this piece, Of course, part of me isnt gonna argue about getting it as I would love to have this piece as well. I think it is stunning, but dang, I wish that price was better.
There's still so many statues that I want to acquire. I've been struggling to decide whether I'm gonna get Prime 1 Rebirth Wonder Woman or Wonder Woman vs Hydra, and I've already been leaning on Rebirth since its cheaper and I'm an Artgerm fan.
But if we get this, then I'm definitely gonna have to pass on Prime 1.

This piece though, personally, this is one of those showstopper piece.
Is JND including a full denture for this new WW statue?

I don't recall seeing in the reveal video of their artist(s) cramming the denture into the mouth like they did for Harley. Only the obligatory JND eyeball insert.

You're a rare instance where the significant other wants their partner to get the statue.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:50 PM   #178
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

The skin texture is really well done, even the subtle wrinkles on the back of the knee, crazy realism.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 03:53 PM   #179
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by comicart.man View Post
JND updated the description from the YouTube Presents video (see below).

"1:3 Justice League Wonder Woman by JND Studios
Full reveal and P.O.: Friday 09/30/22, 12:00 pm Korea Time
Retail Price: $3,199.00 USD
ES: 1000
Estimated Shipping Period: Q1 ~Q2 ?24
Shipping Territory: Worldwide"

8PM Pacific for PO?

Is that Thursday (tonight) for the US?

Debating whether to go direct with JND or SpecFic, I'm guessing the price will end up being about the same.

Shipping was $265 for Catwoman direct with JND. I think I was slapped with another $150+ for VAT tax.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #180
Brandon
The X-Men

Aside from the obvious likeness deficiency, I think the rest of the sculpt is perfect! I'm also not happy about the ES though. As overpriced as this is, they could've at least kept it more exclusive.

IMO, the likeness is around 90% and needs work, especially considering that this is their "Platinum" line. I have screenshot all of the (many) critiques I've found on here and on FB, and I'll be sending them to JND. Hopefully they won't be too prideful to listen. It won't be released for another year and a half at best, they have more than enough time to improve the likeness.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote