Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-29-2022, 03:46 AM   #11
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

so whats the update on this claim?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 10:17 AM   #12
MPCanes
The X-Men

Still ongoing, but made some pretty quick progress. Said I would get an update in 2 business days on Monday but haven?t heard back yet!
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 11:26 AM   #13
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Still ongoing, but made some pretty quick progress. Said I would get an update in 2 business days on Monday but haven?t heard back yet!
Let us know....curious how this turns out
Old 12-29-2022, 12:43 PM   #14
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Depending on the amount, UPS can be fairly good to pay out. I have had issues with all major carriers, and eventually they have all paid. USPS seems to be the worst, even for lower price stuff, although they are usually the easiest on the stuff in transit small enough to use them for.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 02:18 PM   #15
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Depending on the amount, UPS can be fairly good to pay out. I have had issues with all major carriers, and eventually they have all paid. USPS seems to be the worst, even for lower price stuff, although they are usually the easiest on the stuff in transit small enough to use them for.
Was $550 (and I insured for that amount). Was a Hulk Premium Format (the newer one) that arrived with an arm completely snapped off; pretty sure cost of repair would far exceed the value of it.

Got the claim document and submitted more documentation, let's see what happens next!
MPCanes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:20 PM   #16
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Was $550 (and I insured for that amount). Was a Hulk Premium Format (the newer one) that arrived with an arm completely snapped off; pretty sure cost of repair would far exceed the value of it.

Got the claim document and submitted more documentation, let's see what happens next!
Must have gotten some rough treatment for that to happen. Has the box been shipped a few times where the packaging maybe was fatigued?

Hopefully they take care of it without much more hassle.
Old 01-01-2023, 05:32 PM   #17
thecollector80

Quote:

Let us know when all this holiday hoolabaloo dies down...
Old 01-04-2023, 08:47 AM   #18
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
So finally had a statue get absolutely mangled that I sent to a boardie - refunded him immediately (trustworthy boardie, not worried at all) and I'm trying to initiate an insurance claim via UPS and it's exactly the nightmare I expected - their crappy site literally won't let you submit the actual claim (tried on 3 different browsers on 2 devices).

Any advice? Anyone have a secret e-mail, contact, general advice? I know this one is going to be a battle, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
In all my collecting years i only had to do a UPS claim once years ago....ordered a statue on ebay arrived broke in half....seller refunded after i sent it back and seller had to file the claim. So can be a double loss for the seller if you get stuck with a broke statue with a denied claim and buyer refund...usually UPS will inspect the packing material and take that into account....basically use it to deny the claim. If its not packed by UPS Store its a tough road for claim approval...the holidays is also another thing working against you
I had the reverse question - what recourse (if any) is there for a buyer if the statue arrives damaged?

A few minutes ago, I initially posed this question in the General Artemisia 1:3 statue (Gentle Giant) thread but then I noticed this relevant UPS discussion.

This was an Ebay transaction, the seller sent via UPS. Even before opening the box, I immediately sensed something was wrong because there was a rattling noise with something loose when I picked up the package. The statue had the following issues:

- Right Leg fracture

- Multiple broken resin fragments (upper boot area)

- Insects (several bugs, sack of eggs/larvae, cobwebs?)

The leg fracture is a relatively clean break so theoretically it can be glued back but I do wonder about the future stability (and future resale) of the statue; however, all the little broken fragments on the boots would be tougher to glue back.

Can I get a Full Refund or Partial Refund?

Presumably I would have to send back the statue for a full refund; however, with such a limited run of 270, I would be open to a compromise and settle for partial refund (which I feel would be fair to both parties, it's not worth the full $1,100 price) - what is a fair price for damaged?

I'm willing to work with the seller but what is the normal protocol?

Been an Ebayer since 1998 w/ 100% feedback and never run into a similar issue. The seller also dates back to 1998 w/100% feedback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemisia 1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	157432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemisa eggs.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	157433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemisia eggs2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	157434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemisia Leg.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	157435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemisia bug 2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	157436  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Artemisia bug.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	157437  
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 01:56 PM   #19
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Have the seller file a damage claim(assuming they insured it) and figure out what you would be happy with. Depending on the amount you may want to try to repair it or send it out for repair. That or just file for a full loss and move on.
Old 01-04-2023, 06:08 PM   #20
thecollector80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
I had the reverse question - what recourse (if any) is there for a buyer if the statue arrives damaged?

A few minutes ago, I initially posed this question in the General Artemisia 1:3 statue (Gentle Giant) thread but then I noticed this relevant UPS discussion.

This was an Ebay transaction, the seller sent via UPS. Even before opening the box, I immediately sensed something was wrong because there was a rattling noise with something loose when I picked up the package. The statue had the following issues:

- Right Leg fracture

- Multiple broken resin fragments (upper boot area)

- Insects (several bugs, sack of eggs/larvae, cobwebs?)

The leg fracture is a relatively clean break so theoretically it can be glued back but I do wonder about the future stability (and future resale) of the statue; however, all the little broken fragments on the boots would be tougher to glue back.

Can I get a Full Refund or Partial Refund?

Presumably I would have to send back the statue for a full refund; however, with such a limited run of 270, I would be open to a compromise and settle for partial refund (which I feel would be fair to both parties, it's not worth the full $1,100 price) - what is a fair price for damaged?

I'm willing to work with the seller but what is the normal protocol?

Been an Ebayer since 1998 w/ 100% feedback and never run into a similar issue. The seller also dates back to 1998 w/100% feedback.
Wow....looks like it got tossed off the roof of a UPS truck for that to happen....