Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #151
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
There appears to be a whole load more silicone in use compared to previous JND pieces. I can only speculate, price will be higher.
Not sure why % use of silicone should raise the price significantly....based on design, I don't see any real world justification for this statue being any more costly than Harley or even Catwoman.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:14 AM   #152
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Do they have any restrictions with locations worldwide or can they ship everywhere?
If you're asking about ordering directly through JND, the countries they ship to are:

Singapore $173.73, Hong Kong $147.86, USA $265.22, UK $236.87, Germany $236.87, Taiwan $171.37, France $236.87, Mexico $265.18, Macau $162.92, Canada $265.22, New Zealand $308.26, Netherlands $236.97, Thailand $196.64, Malaysia $158.07, Australia $308.29, Chili $513.05 and China $162.83.

I included the shipping cost for their Catwoman to each country from my own CW invoice in USD. Chili and New Zealand taking it on the chin. These charges do not include customs/duty fees. That experience is my own so if you live in the US expect it. I would love to hear from others around the world if they got socked with extra charges. I'd expect Mera to be around the same size/weight as CW so use these as an estimate give or take. There was a $20-$40 jump in shipping cost from Joker to CW which could be a direct result of the yearly increase shipping companies dump on us. Don't forget Harley wasn't available to PO in the US directly through JND so keep an eye on JND's site, their Facebook page and people bickering here if that happens to future pieces. You'll have to use SF, BBTS or another shop. Other folks here can point you in the direction for worldwide shops.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:20 AM   #153
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Not sure why % use of silicone should raise the price significantly....based on design, I don't see any real world justification for this statue being any more costly than Harley or even Catwoman.
The answer to cost should arrive soon.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:25 AM   #154
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Maybe not harley but it will be more than catwoman. Silicone is pricey, or at least that's the main reason they charge as much

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
If you're asking about ordering directly through JND, the countries they ship to are:

Singapore $173.73, Hong Kong $147.86, USA $265.22, UK $236.87, Germany $236.87, Taiwan $171.37, France $236.87, Mexico $265.18, Macau $162.92, Canada $265.22, New Zealand $308.26, Netherlands $236.97, Thailand $196.64, Malaysia $158.07, Australia $308.29, Chili $513.05 and China $162.83.

I included the shipping cost for their Catwoman to each country from my own CW invoice in USD. Chili and New Zealand taking it on the chin. These charges do not include customs/duty fees. That experience is my own so if you live in the US expect it. I would love to hear from others around the world if they got socked with extra charges. I'd expect Mera to be around the same size/weight as CW so use these as an estimate give or take. There was a $20-$40 jump in shipping cost from Joker to CW which could be a direct result of the yearly increase shipping companies dump on us. Don't forget Harley wasn't available to PO in the US directly through JND so keep an eye on JND's site, their Facebook page and people bickering here if that happens to future pieces. You'll have to use SF, BBTS or another shop. Other folks here can point you in the direction for worldwide shops.
Thanks that's what I was asking for, I've never ordered from them so was unsure
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:55 AM   #155
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Thanks that's what I was asking for, I've never ordered from them so was unsure
No problem. I forgot to mention, make sure you have an active PayPal account. JND offers full, deposit and flex-pay.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:03 PM   #156
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Customs fee! Of all terms I was trying to remember I couldn't think of that one.

Really hoping there won't be a US-license restriction like with HQ. But good news for me I even have some paypal balance left I should be able to use!
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:17 PM   #157
Exorcist
The X-Men

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_FAN128 View Post
Customs fee! Of all terms I was trying to remember I couldn't think of that one.

Really hoping there won't be a US-license restriction like with HQ. But good news for me I even have some paypal balance left I should be able to use!
Yes unfortunately there will be customs fees, I have just paid €420,00 (approximately $475,00 usd) custom fees for the Joker. Fedex will hit you up later with that amount. So this will come on top of the shipping costs. This custom fee when you order directly from JND will accure worldwide, so also in Europe and in the USA.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:27 PM   #158
Mace Handowan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Yes unfortunately there will be customs fees, I have just paid ?420,00 (approximately $475,00 usd) custom fees for the Joker. Fedex will hit you up later with that amount. So this will come on top of the shipping costs. This custom fee when you order directly from JND will accure worldwide, so also in Europe and in the USA.
Customs fees are indeed an issue. As already mentioned by Excorcist, those are pretty high. And always keep in mind: You do not only pay these fees for the statue itself, but also for the shipping costs
Mace Handowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 06:29 PM   #159
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Yes unfortunately there will be customs fees, I have just paid ?420,00 (approximately $475,00 usd) custom fees for the Joker. Fedex will hit you up later with that amount. So this will come on top of the shipping costs. This custom fee when you order directly from JND will accure worldwide, so also in Europe and in the USA.
I thought the bill I got was bad.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:30 PM   #160
pdenham
Teen Titans

Thanks for all the info, eternalblue02. That helps!

I'm also in the northeast US. I've never gotten hit with customs fees from DHL before, though.
In fact, the last thing they delivered was the LBS Thor, back in August. No added bill on top of that. I don't think Todd factored it in to my invoice either, as it was a 90 lb, and extremely large box- air shipped for $500.
I never thought the US even had additional customs fees? I used to import a lot of media the past decade, primarily from Germany, France, and the UK. Never saw an additional charge to any of those packages, which were usually at least $100 worth of product at a time, to leverage ship costs.

In any case, it looks like I should be factoring in an additional $500, at least, to whatever JND has this priced at.
Right now, even if it were "only" the same cost as the WW, it'd be getting close to my "nope" point.

I don't think it will be the silicone cleavage that bumps the price up. If they do any kind of clear resin water effect for the base, that'll be the pretext they use. In addition to the general supply chain inflation BS that every other company posting record profits is using to justify their rising prices.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote