Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 10-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #141
MinisterOfFire
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

The fiery backdrop would be a must...see how the flames lick the demons ankle? The flames would have to be a different material, much like SS flames for their ghost riders...could be Clay's first light-up feature statue *drools*
MinisterOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #142
chezzrok
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

bronze for me!!
chezzrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #143
protector2814
Phoenix

I wouldn't be that upset if he took a Conan breather. With Conqueror, HH's Savage Sword Conan, SS's Arnold Conan, we have a lot of the big guy's statues coming out in '09.

I hope Clay takes a little break and then readdresses the mark he's carved on literary, sword'nsorcery characters. This Conqueror buzz is well deserved and honest, but I tell you, I'm still glowing from Kull. I know I don't need to say this, but let's not forget how absolutely amazing Howard's other Barbarian King turned out. I'd love to see a line of Sword Heroes on Kull's scale and pose. One day, I'd love a Moore shelf of Barbarian and Noble literary Heroes.
There's such an amazing collection of Kull and Conan type Heroes out there. I want Kull to be the 1st of a long, long line.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #144
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I wouldn't be that upset if he took a Conan breather. With Conqueror, HH's Savage Sword Conan, SS's Arnold Conan, we have a lot of the big guy's statues coming out in '09.

I hope Clay takes a little break and then readdresses the mark he's carved on literary, sword'nsorcery characters. This Conqueror buzz is well deserved and honest, but I tell you, I'm still glowing from Kull. I know I don't need to say this, but let's not forget how absolutely amazing Howard's other Barbarian King turned out. I'd love to see a line of Sword Heroes on Kull's scale and pose. One day, I'd love a Moore shelf of Barbarian and Noble literary Heroes.
There's such an amazing collection of Kull and Conan type Heroes out there. I want Kull to be the 1st of a long, long line.
I'm passing on both the SS and HH Conans. I'm just not feeling them much. I couldn't agree more on hoping for a line of barbarian/heroes/heroins by CSM. I'd love to see Red Sonja, David Eddings' Sparhawk, Robert Jordan's Lan, Perrin, Rand Moiraine and several others made.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #145
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I'm passing on both the SS and HH Conans. I'm just not feeling them much. I couldn't agree more on hoping for a line of barbarian/heroes/heroins by CSM. I'd love to see Red Sonja, David Eddings' Sparhawk, Robert Jordan's Lan, Perrin, Rand Moiraine and several others made.
I'm with you on the SS, but having grown up reading every issue of Marvel's B&W, Savage Sword, I have no choice but to buy the HH. Too important a Conan representation for me personally.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #146
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I'm with you on the SS, but having grown up reading every issue of Marvel's B&W, Savage Sword, I have no choice but to buy the HH. Too important a Conan representation for me personally.
I dig. I already have HH's first Conan, and I reckon it's good enough for me. I like it better than this new version. I'm still not completely sure I'm passing on it. I may just get on the wait list.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #147
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I missed out on the first HH Conan. I had Clay's barbarian already and I thought the first HH version looked too much like that big Indian actor from 48 hrs (He's also in predator but I can't think of his name) but i have regretted passing on it for a long time. Now it goes for too much on ebay for me. I'm definitely getting the new HH Conan but will pass on the Sideshow Arnold version. Great movie, but Arnold just isn't Conan to me.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:31 PM   #148
protector2814
Phoenix

Missed out on the 1st HH Conan FS, too. Won't miss this one. Thank the lord I was collecting when Moore's Barbarian rolled out. Picked that one up, luckily.

Arnold ain't Conan but he was a great movie Conan. Do you all remember the TV series Conan? He looked pretty good. I saw the actor who played him in the movie Beer Fest.

I'm thinking about back-paddling and starting to pick up all the Conan & Friends Dark Horse and Others, MB's. I've always admired them from afar.
Would make for a cool display. Still on the fence.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #149
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I have the Conan the slayer and Valeria busts from Dark Horse sculpted by Jeffery Scott. Based on the pics I didn't think I would like them much but after seeing them in person I bought them. I really like them.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #150
Bodie The Cursed
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

LOVE IT.. MAKE THE COMPANION PEICES MR MOORE!
Bodie The Cursed is offline   Reply With Quote