Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
genesimmons1
Death is hereditary.

Will bowen ever come back to marvel?

I am asking this after talking to a long island comic store owner who says no way.there is a money making issue there. I can see what he means. how much will his profit be if marvel asks him for a lot of cash? can his production line just kick back up with him just closed down like this. walk into a disney store and sometimes they have a great sculpted statue to buy from there own pipeline...some well painted,sculpted statues have come out of various disney characters.They can make there own line of statues which I am sure will be thrown in bowens face when talk of money starts . Bowens competition is all over the place,and he is at best? maybe?...a year and a half away from anything hitting the stands?
genesimmons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think it has to with the divorce that is one of the deciding factor why he hasn't done much. I doubt this has to do with competition at all.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I think it has to with the divorce that is one of the deciding factor why he hasn't done much. I doubt this has to do with competition at all.
That's what I think too but it is mind-boggling that it is taking this long to resolve so Randy can get back to producing the best 1/6 scale statues.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Unless the prenups are very specific, divorce law often means a 50/50 split once couples go their separate ways. I remember John Byrne going through a divorce during his heyday with Dark Horse comics. He ended up abandoning his entire line of creator owned "Legend" books as any business or profitable pursuits in those areas legally compelled him to share all proceeds with his ex-wife even though she had zero input at any point during the creative process. While I'm not suggesting that is the case here, I wouldn't be surprised if continuing on with BD meant having to share the proceeds with the former significant other.

Given the competition in statues today, it may be a challenge to reach certain financial objectives if large portions of the profits went elsewhere instead of being re-invested back into the business in some capacity. If BD returns, it may return under a different name, if only to protect financial interests. Unless a significant other wishes to continue on with the business as a partner or sell his/her shares, it may be tough for it all to be worth the time and investment. Then again, this is all complete general speculation and could very well be 100% wrong in this particular scenario.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
That's what I think too but it is mind-boggling that it is taking this long to resolve so Randy can get back to producing the best 1/6 scale statues.
I heard from someone that this is really ugly. She wants 1/2 the company. I can't see this getting resolve for a very long time.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #6
bat22
Frackin!

If it ever does get resolved, I can't imagine Marvel refusing Bowen another license. No other company comes close to matching their coverage of the Marvel Universe.
bat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #7
protector2814
Phoenix

How long has it been now, since BD produced a new statue?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:03 PM   #8
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

It's been at least a year I would say.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:12 PM   #9
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I think the last statue to be released was Mojo last July. Not quite a year yet, but it doesn't sound like there'll be any news for a while.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #10
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I heard from someone that this is really ugly. She wants 1/2 the company. I can't see this getting resolve for a very long time.
Women. .......
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote