Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-12-2021, 10:02 PM   #27291
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Watched WW1 and WW1984 with the parents this weekend, and wow...everyone is spot on about WW1984, even my parents were like what the hell is this? (after just seeing part 1) they asked if it was made by the same person that did Part 1 to which I replied yes it was...pretty hard to believe

Wonder Woman - this movie is a lot of fun, good characters, good action, good story, and they really captured the integrity and heart of Wonder Woman, it really felt how a Wonder Woman movie should - 9/10

WW84 - I have no idea what happened here, but I found this movie to be way too long, and too corny, with barely any wonder woman scenes or action in general, far cry from part 1. They had a great opportunity to really go with the 80's feel as well and they did barely anything to make it feel like the 80's in this movie, real shame. The backstory of the villains was nothing like the comics, and sometimes im OK with that, but it was just done poorly in this movie, especially Cheetah, there is no reason they couldn't have made her origin more in line with the comics, the background for it was already pretty much in the movie, they should have dropped Maxwell and just made Cheetah the villain, but gave her the proper story to make it believable that she could go toe to toe with WW (and please, WW does not need a male love interest shoehorned into every movie, it was OK in the first but no reason for it in the second). I will say I thought Kristen Wiig did a good job with what she had to work with though, if they just focused on her as the villain with the right story it could have been great - 6/10
I originally gave WW84 a 6/10 as well but the more I think about it, the more it is just a mess of a movie. I have since changed my rating to 3/10. I wonder if over time your rating will change as well. I agree with you that the only half way decent thing about it in my eyes was Wiig (and I wish the movie would have just focused on WW vs. Cheetah).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:21 PM   #27292
SDguy

Shadow in the Cloud. What a trip! First half is a pretty serious and cool scifi thriller. Second half completely goes off the rails, crosses a mountain range, hits a meteor, and then high fives itself at the end. Not serious, but well done. Great fun!!

9/10

Spoiler
The BEST scene I have seen in years is the bounce back into the plane off the explosion of the plane below
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:31 AM   #27293
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Tenet! Holy &#&@! If you're a Chris Nolan fan and you didn't like it then you're not a Chris Nolan fan.

10/10 but very challenging.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #27294
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I originally gave WW84 a 6/10 as well but the more I think about it, the more it is just a mess of a movie. I have since changed my rating to 3/10. I wonder if over time your rating will change as well. I agree with you that the only half way decent thing about it in my eyes was Wiig (and I wish the movie would have just focused on WW vs. Cheetah).
Im sure my rating would go down if I watched it again, but I dont think I can subject myself to that lol I was struggling to stay awake for half the movie
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #27295
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Im sure my rating would go down if I watched it again, but I dont think I can subject myself to that lol I was struggling to stay awake for half the movie
Yup, I nodded off during it and I can sit through 9 hours of LOTR or Avengers with no problem.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #27296
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Shadow in the Cloud. What a trip! First half is a pretty serious and cool scifi thriller. Second half completely goes off the rails, crosses a mountain range, hits a meteor, and then high fives itself at the end. Not serious, but well done. Great fun!!

9/10

Spoiler
The BEST scene I have seen in years is the bounce back into the plane off the explosion of the plane below
WOW, that was one fun movie. Decided to watch it after your rating. I also give it a 9/10. Pure FUN that second half.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #27297
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW, that was one fun movie. Decided to watch it after your rating. I also give it a 9/10. Pure FUN that second half.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:37 PM   #27298
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Where is Shadow in the Sky and Tenet? Prime? Netflix? Something else?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:08 PM   #27299
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I rented Tenet and Shadow in the Cloud from VOD. But I do see they are also on Amazon Prime.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #27300
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Lolita (1962) - A middle-aged college professor becomes infatuated with a fourteen-year-old nymphet.

Watching this for the first time in 2021, I found it funny how simultaneously on the nose and subtle it was. The characters motivations are telegraphed so clearly, it's comical, but because of when it was filmed, the more salacious parts of the story have to be all implied or hinted at. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote