Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Respect

To everyone,
I will preface this post by saying I am relatively new to the hobby and SF, and that it's not my intention to preach. That being said........

Can we try to take it easy (or at least diplomatically) when criticizing sculpts? I know it's a forum and it's here so we can speak our minds, but man....some of the comments on here lately are pretty brutal. There's nothing wrong with saying you don't care for a sculpt/character/design, etc., but I'm positive we could find a way to say it a little more constructively......flies with honey not vinegar, ya know?

It's rare that people in any hobby they are passionate about get a chance to interact directly with the people who create the REASONS we are passionate about the hobby, and we pretty much spit in their faces when we make rude comments about their work. Especially guys like Erick who go out of their way to entertain our feedback and provide WIPs when they are certainly under no obligation to do so. I mean the guy's got a daughter with health issues and still finds the time to post on our boards at 2am with shots of his latest sculpt. Show a little respect, ok? Otherwise those WIPs and responses to our post are gonna come to a screechin halt, toot sweet.

In essence, it's all in the delivery. You can say you don't like something or recommend a change without being a dick. Just my two cents.
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #2
morgan1960
Doh!

" Here Here "
morgan1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Thanks Elijah,
I appreciate your concern, don't worry I will stick around for as long as it is necessary.
I don't mind feedback, as a matter of fact this is a tool we use to better our product, I assure you.
I agree we can keep it a bit more civil, but again, I don't mind so long as the comment ( even if harsh) comes with some kind of instructive, comment on how to improve the product, not just "it's bad"... please kindly tell why it's bad, what could we do to improve it.
Again I am not here to teach anyone manners, or forum etiquette... just help me out with better more specific feedback, and you can be sure I will try to fix things to the best of my ability, I will never be able to please everyone, but I assure you we at Kotobukiya is trying real hard to make better product.
Thank you all.
-Erick
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I think there should be an automatic ban of all a-holes but this place would empty out fast.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I think there should be an automatic ban of all a-holes but this place would empty out fast.
If we banned all the a-holes we'd be down to single digits.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

and I'd really miss this place.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #7
ALIMOE27
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

I think people are not as bad here. You should check the Bowen section.
ALIMOE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
toe
Alpha Flight

I agree with Elijah. Another sad part is that most of the members here are supposedly "Adults"
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
Trustey
The Avengers

I think a single brutal criticism is more likely to be taken seriously than the so called "polite" or constructive formula which usually goes like:

Geeee buddy I really like this part of it (usually just asskissing or a lie, a feeble attempt to not sound like a dick by praising some inane aspect of the statue before addressing the obvious problem) but now lets talk about the tiny little issue (ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, F'ed up, makes no sense, etc).

Cmon, it's an online forum. People come here for honest criticism because they know if you show it to your girlfriend or mommy they will pat you on your head no matter how ugly it is.
Trustey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
ratchet
Mandarin

I agree with Sosa - people should say whatever they want - as long as they are trying to he honest and helpful - and not just trying to be a dick...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote