Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Need for Speed Rivals

Has anyone else picked this up? Just got it yesterday and have to say it's one of the better Need for Speed's out there, having a lot of fun with this one..I like how you are online with others and can just challenge anyone at anytime you please, but can still just play it alone if you wanted. (love messing others up when getting chased by the police)
Got mine on Xbox 360.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Frankierock
Omega Red

Wow, can't believe no one here has picked this up...Really one of the best NFS games of the entire series.

Hopefully Santa brings you guys some copies...
Old 12-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

My Favorite Need for Speed was the original one they had on the Turbo GraFX Console a long time ago, they nailed the physics of the cars, loved drifting the NSX around the corners...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Wow, can't believe no one here has picked this up...Really one of the best NFS games of the entire series.
I love the NFS series (well, the majority of them), but NFS Rivals looks so much like the same stuff from the recent NFS Hot Pursuit and NFS Most Wanted.

In your opinion, if I have both of those games what makes getting Rivals so worth it?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I love the NFS series (well, the majority of them), but NFS Rivals looks so much like the same stuff from the recent NFS Hot Pursuit and NFS Most Wanted.

In your opinion, if I have both of those games what makes getting Rivals so worth it?
I think the aspect of you being online with people helps the game out a lot. When you start up you are thrown in with 6-8 others automatically ...and they can choose to help you or hurt you. That plus the AI for the cops is way better than the old NFS's ever where.

To be 100% honest I can not really put my finger on the one or two things that make it better....but I will tell you this, it has been in my 360 since the day it came out. For some reason I am just drawn into this one way more then ever before, and that's without having any friends on the speedwall.

Oh one other thing there is an app you can get from EA that you can use to screw with your rivals while they are online....things like set up roadblocks, steal there nitro...etc...also you can help your friends by doing the opposite and fixing damaged cars on the fly. Really fun app...great way to stop online trolls who try and ruin a game...
Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
Andrew
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I think the aspect of you being online with people helps the game out a lot. When you start up you are thrown in with 6-8 others automatically ...and they can choose to help you or hurt you. That plus the AI for the cops is way better than the old NFS's ever where.

To be 100% honest I can not really put my finger on the one or two things that make it better....but I will tell you this, it has been in my 360 since the day it came out. For some reason I am just drawn into this one way more then ever before, and that's without having any friends on the speedwall.

Oh one other thing there is an app you can get from EA that you can use to screw with your rivals while they are online....things like set up roadblocks, steal there nitro...etc...also you can help your friends by doing the opposite and fixing damaged cars on the fly. Really fun app...great way to stop online trolls who try and ruin a game...
Cool, thanks for the info. My 6 year old loves racing games and really wanted this, so I might end up getting it anyway.

If I do, I'll check out the app.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
Simplyrob

I love this game also, got it from my wife for Christmas. I particularly like how you can go into your hideouts or garage even if the heat is on. Can't find out how to unlock my GTR though.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #8
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I love this game also, got it from my wife for Christmas. I particularly like how you can go into your hideouts or garage even if the heat is on. Can't find out how to unlock my GTR though.
The GTR is on the police side of the game. Not sure if you checked there.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #9
Y3E
Gen 13

Bought this game the last week for the PS3 but have not played it yet. Still playing other NFS games, Wanted. I always loved the NFS series and had all of them at one time or another but I find they are getting stale.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Bought this game the last week for the PS3 but have not played it yet. Still playing other NFS games, Wanted. I always loved the NFS series and had all of them at one time or another but I find they are getting stale.
Your are right they were getting stale. But Rivals changes that just enough to get you intrested again.