Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-08-2016, 11:33 PM   #991
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Sure he self heals but similar to Wolverine he'd show some damage after the initial strike before that happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Surely some cuts should show the ferocity of the battle and of Wolverine's nature at that moment in time, even though he heals it won't be instantaneous, right? Right?
Have u seen the movie wolverine? Scars only last a mere second or so? Hulk should be the same. Only thing should be showing is blood..
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:33 PM   #992
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Hey vs I think you have hulk confused with wolverine lol jj! I wouldn't want either of them showing blood but would be great to see some battle marks on them but wolverine basically repairs almost instantly unless it's s big gash, cut or wound!

So how many of you have ordered this today so far ?? I wanted to order this today but money is tried up at moment! Car just needed $3,000 worth repairs but good news is hubby gets bonus next month and should be close to 10 large were really ready for that let me tell you... One can only eat so much roman noodles lol

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:41 PM   #993
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Damn, this guy sure thinks like I do

How ya doin, buddy?
Excellent D! You? Nice to see you frequenting the boards more my friend.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:44 PM   #994
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Have u seen the movie wolverine? Scars only last a mere second or so? Hulk should be the same. Only thing should be showing is blood..
Despite how fast Hulk heals the initial strike marks would still be showing based on the position of Wolverine's arm. Adamantium packs enough punch to at least leave traces of contact for a few seconds.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:00 AM   #995
jhauser
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
Adamantium Member

Despite the gripes about lack of battle damage and the 3 seams I still find this piece A+ tier. I guess I'm biased since I'm pretty fond of Hulk 181 and want to pair this statue up with a copy of the book for display.
jhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:10 AM   #996
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Disney sucks, plain and simple.

I wanna PO the piece but will wait until TBD is changed to the exact ES and then I will decide to either get Exclusive or Regular. I like the EX but the regular is how I would display him.

If SS gave me Bonus Points and Free Shipping I would have PO'd this already. But no rush atm. I also feel they are going to wanna produce like 2500 of these.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:37 AM   #997
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wolverine ambushed Hulk. The fight has just begun!!!!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:19 AM   #998
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

23" tall...which other piece is that height for comparison? That Apple looks tiny in the proto pic but the 23" line doesn't see that big compared to some PFs. I know there's a scale diff but it's a whole character jumping over a hulk so...ya...should be big.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:49 AM   #999
gomur
The Tick

Scale looks about right for 1:5 comiquettes.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 04:32 AM   #1000
booleiu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I haven't read through the entire thread to see if it's been brought up, it probably has, but one of the aspects of this piece that doesn't really work for me is the lack of any claw marks across Hulk. Wolverine is clearly on the downward part of his swing and based on his body position it would be a stretch to say he didn't make contact. While I wouldn't expect serious damage given Hulk's resiliency I think there'd at least be some marks on him.
The description of issue The Incredible Hulk #181:
"The clawed Wolverine leaps out from the top of a rocky hill landing between the Hulk and the Wendigo. Scurrying onto the Hulk's back, he begins swiping at him with his diamond-hard Adamantium claws, but even they cannot pierce the Hulk's skin. Realizing that the Wendigo may prove to be an easier target, Wolverine springs over the Hulk's head and launches himself at the Wendigo. His suspicions prove correct, and his claws rake into the woodland creature’s hide."
booleiu is offline   Reply With Quote