Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-02-2019, 05:30 PM   #1251
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm well aware not all greens are vibrant. Green is my favorite color, after all. I'm saying the green they used as her base is VERY yellow on the spectrum while the shading is obviously done in darker tones.
Therefore, in some lighting (maybe more of it than people think) it is going to look jaundice. It looked jaundice in the video when he first pulled the statue out and was holding it and we viewed it from far away. Can you screen grab the still image when he is holding her just her body. Her back is nicely shaded which cuts into the yellow while her body isn't as much. I get if you like the color, I just think it's not ideal based on that vid.

Also I would like to say that people who bashed this portrait still cause me to scratch my head. It looks really nice and pretty. I love the lip shading.
Initially you said it didn’t look green is only why i chimed in lol granted the painter in me is seeing lighter greens mixed with lighter browns and darker greens for shading (earth tones).

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #1252
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverkiller View Post
While the lighting could have had something to do with the colorization, as that lighting appeared to be a cold white hue as opposed to a warmer hue, it can make certain colors pop but can also make others colors miss their intended mark completely. Prototype notwithstanding, I think this is a very nice looking piece to be reviewed early on so people can get a better idea of what they are or are not purchasing. Again, the color is a bit off-putting, but this is a prototype, likely rushed for a few convention purposes, whereas the original pictures of the prototype on SS's website appear to have a less yellow tinge to the paint app and much greener hue. I guess we shall see once it's in people's hands where this statue lies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Here's how she looked in San Diego. Plenty of yellow in the green even then...
I hope you guys realize that green has a mixture of yellow, meaning its not unlike being aware or seeing red in orange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

This is just my personal preference, so before anyone comes in and tries to pick a fight, no I'm not speaking for you. I'm speaking for myself. So just stop yourself before you start.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #1253
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I hope you guys realize that green has a mixture of yellow, meaning its not unlike being aware or seeing red in orange.
Yep, we're aware.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #1254
Foreverkiller
Doh!

While I agree that it has a mixture of yellow, as most people have noticed, and as mentioned, the lighting appears to be a very cold white light meant for brightening the room to display the statues, however, cold white light can also alter the perception of what the human eye can visually view on screen, which alters the color palette somewhat on many statues. That said, I still have this piece on PO, because I do like the sculpt, but as a prototype, I was just surprised more than anything with the slight difference in color between the SS website pics and the video here, but again, that's likely due to the intensity of the lighting. If the production pieces are top notch, then the wife will like this piece even more.
Foreverkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #1255
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Not a fan of this mustard-hued Ivy. Glad I passed.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #1256
French Cancan
Deadman

Suddenly, looking at her empty left hand, i am thinking to Grace and her empty left hand too ( no spear).
A little nasty flower or plant in the hand of Ivy could have been a good idea.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 AM   #1257
ukshaun
Hercules

From the word go, i thought the Poison Ivy base looked somewhat basic. Over time i've grown (pun not intended) to like it.
Compare it to the basic of basic bases revealed for the new Jean Grey PF, Poison Ivy's base has fair amount going on.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #1258
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
From the word go, i thought the Poison Ivy base looked somewhat basic. Over time i've grown (pun not intended) to like it.
Compare it to the basic of basic bases revealed for the new Jean Grey PF, Poison Ivy's base has fair amount going on.
It reminds me of their Starcraft Kerrigan base.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #1259
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I love this Ivy base. It's the musculature, skin shade and the fact you can't display her from the front that's a fail for me.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #1260
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
It reminds me of their Starcraft Kerrigan base.
I see what you mean. I'd forgot all about that piece. It reminds me of Sil (Species) crossed with The Thing
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote