Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #221
stryker12
Fantastic Four

I really really like this piece, but the more I think about, I don't think it's fairly priced. Everyone keeps talking about how detailed the base and the bike is... but is detail enough to cost 2x as much as the last Prime 1 Batman 1/4? I only got into this hobby a few years ago, but in that time (especially in the past year) I've seen price hikes I can't justify. What's to stop P1 from releasing a huge tank base for the DKR Superman and charging $2400 for that guy? Is that a fair price too because there's more intricate detail and a larger footprint? I bet we're only 4-5 years away from seeing prices like that normalized across the board.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #222
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'll have more of an opinion on the price if/when there's more clarification on what the real scale of it is.

To me $1,600 is high for a "true" 1/4 scale statue of what this is, although I get that the argument will be made that it's essentially 2 1/4 scale statues; Batman and the motorcycle. Also the base is huge and pretty intricate. Still, I thought it was going to be in the $1,300 range.

Anyway, if it ends up being closer to 1/3 scale than 1/4, I have no problem with the price and if anything it's probably a bit of a bargain considering where the prices continue to go. If it's more of a 1/4 scale statue (as it sure looks to be right now) then I think $1,600 is on the high side. But it's Batman, it's unique, and it'll sell.

I also noticed there is no ES for it, and by that I mean there isn't even a "TBA" in the listing. That doesn't seem normal. The Master Race Batman at least has a "TBA" shown.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #223
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It wouldn't surprise me if this gets cancelled
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:39 PM   #224
Shoo
Hercules

I actually prefer his regular hand casually resting on his hip.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:45 PM   #225
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if this gets cancelled
Well given that even the WW on Horse was never cancelled, I think this piece will be fine; as there are already people here on this forum who are considering getting this piece, even at the relatively high price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
So do I actually.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 PM   #226
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
i agree, after going back and forth on this all day the price finally sunk in with me - especially after getting all these batman day deal emails from SS. i think ill just wait to see if i can get a deal in the future ex or reg

i guess id also like to know what scale it actually is too lol
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #227
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker12 View Post
I really really like this piece, but the more I think about, I don't think it's fairly priced. Everyone keeps talking about how detailed the base and the bike is... but is detail enough to cost 2x as much as the last Prime 1 Batman 1/4? I only got into this hobby a few years ago, but in that time (especially in the past year) I've seen price hikes I can't justify. What's to stop P1 from releasing a huge tank base for the DKR Superman and charging $2400 for that guy? Is that a fair price too because there's more intricate detail and a larger footprint? I bet we're only 4-5 years away from seeing prices like that normalized across the board.
I’m not disagreeing that the price is high, just providing a possible reason for why.

Previously I never really understood why the Bay Transformers statues were so expensive given that they’re not much bigger than a PF (if you ignore the base). Heck the only reason I bought the BVS 1/2 scale Trinity set was that I convinced myself that I had already spent exactly the same on the Transformer pieces (Optimus etc) which are half their height/size.

That new Optimus isn’t that much cheaper than the WW on Horse, and for whatever reason that Optimus is still extremely popular, and I rarely see a complaint about the price.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:00 PM   #228
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

$1600?!!?!?!?! WTF!!!!!

Damn I like this piece but that price is going to make me pass on this. Sad.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:28 PM   #229
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
$1600?!!?!?!?! WTF!!!!!

Damn I like this piece but that price is going to make me pass on this. Sad.
What would you have bought it at?

My limit would’ve been around $1,400 USD, but as I’ve said previously I was hoping for $1,200 USD.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:56 PM   #230
actionjackson83
Midnighter

if this was priced at $1099 i would've pulled the trigger, but $1600? you can keep it in your high priced warehouse for storage.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote