Kindly Asked To Leave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #12
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
But what is bullying? I understand repeated physical intimidation would be bullying, but what else. A one off school yard fight? Taking one's lunch money? Telling them you don't like their shoes? Calling them names? Posting on the Internet you don't want to date them? Laughing at their prom date? Who knows what fits into that definition nowadays
Bullying have always been around but the term is something new. What makes bullying worst in this time and age is the open world of the Internet and the social media. I am really speechless of what kids have to endure nowadays. I got into a lot of fights as a kid but I didn't have to deal with today's pressures and hateful backlash. Good for Marvel! They are setting and example and they should be praised for it.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Learning to deal with all forms of it to me, is ongoing through life like it or not, politicians on down to the schoolyard thug. I guess I learned early that losing a fight is not as bad as running from a fight.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:16 AM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

We all should learn to fight back, I agree. And that bullying happens throughout life well into adulthood, I agree. But bullying still is wrong, just as is anything else most people would consider to be wrong. It should be stopped before it starts. We should teach kids not to do this. Kids and adults who do this should be punished. And it should be handled so as to create the least amount of trauma.

I agree with fighting back and confronting rather than backing down. But I also think education to prevent bullying to be equally important.

Last edited by wktf; 10-31-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Correcting my own stupid auto correct.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #15
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I just wish parents weren't so scared to hit their kids nowadays. Tough love builds character and teaches respect. This new generation seems to think that can say and do whatever they want with no repercussions.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #16
Rocket
Art of Mod

I never thought I'd become someone who said "back in my day", but damn if the new generation hasnt made me that person....

But I digress

This comic is a great thing IMO
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #17
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
We all should learn to fight back, I agree. And that bullying happens throughout life well into adulthood, I agree. But bullying still is wrong, just as is anything else most people would consider to be wrong. It should be stopped before it starts. We should teach kids not to do this. Kids and adults who do this should be punished. And it should be handled so as to create the least amount of trauma.

I agree with fighting back and confronting rather than backing down. But I also think education to prevent bullying to be equally important.
I totally agree.

Last edited by wktf; 10-31-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Correcting my own stupid auto correct.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #18
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
I just wish parents weren't so scared to hit their kids nowadays. Tough love builds character and teaches respect. This new generation seems to think that can say and do whatever they want with no repercussions.
You make a great point.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #19
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post

Good post. I agree. My bigger issue is still how what constitutes bullying has expanded, especially in the eyes of lower level schools. Hurting someone's feelings does not in and of itself constitute bullying and that really is about what we see now adays.

Last edited by wktf; 10-31-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Correcting my stupid auto correct
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 PM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Good post. I agree. My bigger issue is still how what constitutes bullying has expanded, especially in the eyes of lower level schools. Hurting someone's feelings does not in and of itself constitute bullying and that really is about what we see now adays.
There was an incident of a girl who killed herself because she was verbally taunted and so badly humiliated. Verbal abuse can be very serious, hurtful and damaging. It is a legitimate form of bullying. I think it's all about the intent.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote